Emily Blunt In Zac Posen – “Gnomeo & Juliet” LA Premiere

Emily Blunt attended the LA Premiere of her new movie “Gnomeo & Juliet” this weekend.

“The Devil Wears Prada” actress opted for a very pretty Zac Posen Resort 2011 dress.

Her white chiffon dress is beautifully floaty and feminine, but I would’ve preferred her to wear Look 4 which has a lot more texture and detail.

What brings down this look is Emily’s hair. Unfortunately it ages her drastically.

A more modern look would’ve lifted this look considerably.

Nude Jimmy Choo ‘Quiet’ patent peep-toes completed her look.

Credit: Style.com & Fame Pictures

Amy Adams In Andrew Gn – 22nd Annual Producers Guild Awards

Amy Adams In Andrew Gn – 22nd Annual Producers Guild Awards

Zooey Deschanel In Marc Jacobs - "My Idiot Brother" 2011 Sundance Film Festival Premiere

Zooey Deschanel In Marc Jacobs – “My Idiot Brother” 2011 Sundance Film Festival Premiere

12 Responses to Emily Blunt In Zac Posen – “Gnomeo & Juliet” LA Premiere

1. Ethne Blist January 24, 2011 at 17:02 #

This is boring because she could have gone old Hollywood and she didn’t. I wanted a pop of red and different pumps. She looks gorgeous though!

2. Germangirl January 24, 2011 at 17:22 #

While I agree that there’s something “off” about her look I think it is appropriate for the occasion, which was the premiere or screening of a children’s movie. Look 4 with its sheer part around the bust would have been wildly inappropriate or would have needed major modifications… This flowy white dress gives me some Mary Poppins vibe which I find cute for a children’s event.

3. Hisadora January 24, 2011 at 17:24 #

She looks great. But I think I would love to see this dress on someone like Helen Mirren, she would look perfect!

4. Rebecca January 24, 2011 at 17:29 #

I agree–it doesn’t even look like Emily Blunt! Free that hair!

5. Camille January 24, 2011 at 17:51 #

I like look #4 infinitely better than this. For some reason she looks ‘nurse-like’ in this. I much prefer it on the runway model. I want to like it but I just keep seeing her with a a chart & nurses hat.

6. Leti January 24, 2011 at 18:23 #

I agree that her hair is just not modern or youthful enough to compliment this dress, but I also find the length of this dress a bit matronly (and unflattering). Hemming it above the knee, as shown on the runway, would make it seem more youthful. The sleeves remind of something a woman above a certain age might wear because she was self-conscious about showing her bare arms (a la Helen Mirren). So, I think that puts the onus on the wearer to keep it youthful.

7. loveless January 24, 2011 at 19:07 #

In such a body-conscious dress, a pair of Spanx would have helped in the mid-section area.

8. Michelle January 24, 2011 at 23:56 #

Time warp time. This look is so totally Vera Wang figure skating costume circa 1990s. Anyone here old enough to remember those with me? White bodysuit with the sheer white long sleeves *exactly* like this dress. I swear Nancy Kerrigan or Michelle Kwan wore this back in the day. This look was big in the mid to late 90s. Something Jennifer Aniston would have worn in her Friends days. Thanks for the fashion flashback, Zac P.

9. mochababe73 January 25, 2011 at 00:40 #

I love the dress on the runway, but for some reason, it lost its appeal on Emily. It doesn’t look aging or dowdy on the model.

10. Raquel January 25, 2011 at 02:37 #

The dress is hideous, no one could have saved it. Sure the hair and the hemline don’t help either.

11. Ella January 25, 2011 at 04:47 #

I am definitely in the minority here….because I really like it as a whole. The hair I am not crazy about, but the outfit is darling

12. Jones19 January 25, 2011 at 16:10 #

I wish she had picked different heels but otherwise she looks lovely here. The hair was wonderful, check it from a different angle!