Who Wore Nina Ricci Better? Bee Shaffer or Halle Berry

Hollywood stars took the red carpet for the annual Metropolitan Museum of Art’s Costume Institute Gala Benefit back in March last year which is hosted by Anna Wintour.

Her daughter Bee Shaffer wore a navy Nina Ricci Fall 2010 satin bustier dress with a chiffon train.

With her hair pulled back she added black peep-toes and dazzling diamond earrings to her look.

Halle Berry wore the black version of the same dress to the 2011 Golden Globe Awards.

Although this is nothing we haven’t seen before on Halle, she wins for me as I much I prefer her shoe choice.

Credit: Style.com & Fame Pictures

Blake Lively In Chanel - 2010 CFDA / Vogue Fashion Fund Awards

Blake Lively In Chanel – 2010 CFDA / Vogue Fashion Fund Awards

Who Wore Nina Ricci Better? Kate Beckinsale or Kim Kardashian

Who Wore Nina Ricci Better? Kate Beckinsale or Kim Kardashian

22 Responses to Who Wore Nina Ricci Better? Bee Shaffer or Halle Berry

1. Andreea January 18, 2011 at 12:16 #

Awful dress.

2. Leo January 18, 2011 at 12:18 #

You should not do reruns, unless you’re Halle Berry. She looks outstanding in this dress, she has the most killer legs.

3. @myfashplanet January 18, 2011 at 12:36 #

Halle is better in this dress – better posture (vs. Bee slouching), better accessories (Bee wears none), better shoes, and a seemingly better attitude – Halle seems happy to be photographed at the GG, while Bee seems to want to be anywhere but the Met.

• Ethne Blist January 18, 2011 at 15:21 #

I agree but I love Bee’s blue version…But I guess Halle.

4. Anita January 18, 2011 at 13:54 #

Halle obviously. I just wish it she wore it to a different event rather than the GG plus shes done this look so many times.

5. Linda January 18, 2011 at 14:02 #

Bee looks way better. The dress is better in navy and her youth and more curvaceous body actually make the dress look sensual rather than trashy.

• Leti January 18, 2011 at 18:22 #

I completely agree. I simply cannot support Halle wearing a look this trashy to of all events, the Golden Globes.

• ahot January 18, 2011 at 20:31 #

Had Bee been graceful and grateful to wear such a beautiful look from Nina Ricci, that would be something different.
        Why not be happy to attend such a great event? I just don’t get it.
        But i guess like mother… .

6. Maggy January 18, 2011 at 14:34 #

Although I normally don’t mind black at all, I much prefer the blue version here. It’s a really nice shade and it works really well with the fabric.

7. Jinni January 18, 2011 at 14:47 #

The dress is nice on Halle she would of pulled off the blue, although it’s only the chiffon train that gives it a glam factor…because it felt like a Halle’s club outfit not a GG dress.

8. mochababe73 January 18, 2011 at 15:08 #

Halle carries it much better than Bee. And, I agree wholeheartedly about the shoe choice. This dress needed strappy sandals. Or the runway boots.

9. fashion-mommy January 18, 2011 at 15:40 #

ITS SUCH A TRAMPY DRESS…THEY CAN BOTH DO BETTER THAN THIS!

10. inge January 18, 2011 at 16:08 #

Pls add an “non of both’ button

11. robbie January 18, 2011 at 16:40 #

neither it is a butt ugly dress!

12. Ally January 18, 2011 at 17:32 #

It was bad enough that Halle wore something so trashy in the first place, but learning that it was a red carpet rerun makes it that much worse! Halle, you are too beautiful to leave the house in your underwear.

13. Estranged January 18, 2011 at 17:35 #

Halle looks much better and I prefer her shoes, but this dress is more interesting in blue, which looks nice against Bee’s pale skin.

14. Hannah January 18, 2011 at 18:40 #

Firstly, this dress was definitely a photographic dress, so I was surprised that it made the red carpet at anythign other than the met gala. SEcondly, It only works, IMO at the met gala and is out of place, a year and a half (bee wore this to the 2009 met gala, she wore balenciaga in 2010) later at the Golden Globes

15. Alfie January 18, 2011 at 21:03 #

This is such an uninspiring dress, it’s like they grabbed a bustier, added a mini skirt then said, “Lets make it a gown, lets add 2 pieces of fabric to the bottom and VIOLA!”

16. Shaina January 19, 2011 at 01:59 #

Even with Bee’s horrible posture, weird stare, ugly earrings, and bad shoe choice, I can STILL look past all of that because I much prefer this dress in blue.

17. candice January 19, 2011 at 04:46 #

ugh. imo, this dress was just too hard to look at on halle berry..and at a formal event? this dress just looks trashy to me.

CC

18. Emi January 19, 2011 at 09:22 #

First of all I think it’s difficult to pull off this dress, it’s beautiful on the runway but worn by real women is a bit vulgar. A famous italian saying says “The son of the shoemaker has broken shoes”, perfect for Bee Shaffer’s look. I don’t like any accessories she chose, I wonder if her mother liked the way her daughter was dressed, maybe she did only because she’s her beloved daughter. What about her posture? I guess she doesn’t like to pose for the photographers but she could make an effort… I like A. Wang’s peep-toe boots, we have the same name!!!

• Fashion Critic January 19, 2011 at 10:00 #