Sidewalk Style – Kate Bosworth In Mulberry & Burberry Prorsum

Kate Bosworth was seen leaving the ‘Give Back Hollywood’ charity event at the London Hotel in West Hollywood this weekend.

She was head-to-toe in designer labels.

She wore a Burberry Prorsum Pre-Fall 2010 shearling cropped jacket over a Mulberry Fall 2010 denim dress with gold buttons.

The look was styled with Chloe leather ankle boots and a Proenza Schouler PS11 leather satchel.

Yes this look has been so very carefully styled, but I still feel a sense of effortlessness from it.

Even though she did try hard, it does seem like it because each piece complements the other.

I love this look.

Credit: Style.com & Splash News

The Cosmopolitan Beauty Awards

The Cosmopolitan Beauty Awards

Sidewalk Style - Kim Kardashian In Lanvin For H&M

Sidewalk Style – Kim Kardashian In Lanvin For H&M

14 Responses to Sidewalk Style – Kate Bosworth In Mulberry & Burberry Prorsum

1. mol January 18, 2011 at 18:02 #

Yum, I agree, a sense of effortlessness is the main effect.

• Ethne Blist January 18, 2011 at 18:18 #

That is what she is known for. But even though I love this look, I still struggle with the fact that she is wearing (as all celebrities do) designer clothes to a CHARITY event. It seems a bit beside the point of CHARITY. Think of how much those clothes cost, no matter whether she bought it or it was lent.

• mol January 18, 2011 at 22:24 #

I’m not sure about this charity, I went to their web site, seems like it tracks what celebs are doing charity wise, so I don’t know what exactly this event was……I understand what you are saying for sure, it’s something I struggle myself with when involved with charity work – should I dress myself down (which then makes me inauthentic in a way, or is the point more that I want to be involved and give of my time and money. Of course I don’t have to worry too much cause he, I’m no Kate Bosworth!)…..in the case of celebs, I do think that they are often asked to participate precisely because of their image, ie: charities want some of their high profile so it wouldn’t do to show up at an event wearing a hairshirt so to speak……Still, fair point…..

• Anita January 19, 2011 at 01:56 #

I get what you’re saying but to me its even worse and totally fake to consciously wear non designer just cos they are going to a charity event. Plus its also kinda pointless when we know that they will probably change right after the event into a designer dress to an awards bash or something lol

2. Dora January 18, 2011 at 18:59 #

I, on the other hand, don’t love this look.
    First, I find the shoes horrible.Second, I don’t think the denim dress suits her. Also, the jacket doesn’t really compliment the rest of her outfit.
    For me, this outfit looks forced.

• A January 18, 2011 at 21:03 #

Agreed! But then again I hardly ever like anything she wears. I’ll never understand why she’s considered a style staple by some. Most of the time she just looks unkempt and nowhere near original. Like someone I know very well put it once, “she’s the poor man’s Sienna Miller, who’s the poor man’s Kate Moss”… The only time I ever thought she looked nice and remotely well dressed was that Chanel event for Rouge Coco with Vanessa Paradis last year.

• Gamine January 19, 2011 at 11:53 #

Agreed. All the pieces are nice but not together.

3. Maddie January 18, 2011 at 19:34 #

I love this look, but not digging the shoes

4. Faellie January 18, 2011 at 21:17 #

I keep looking for the cigarette in the fingers of her right hand.

5. doc January 18, 2011 at 22:50 #

I don’t think this is well styled at all. The jacket says winter and the dress says summer. Three garishly uncoordinated colors of brown leather between the boots, the bag and the jacket. And as others have said the shoes are awful. They don’t even seem appropriate for a woman. The look like something Prince or Russell Brand or Noel Fielding would wear.

6. mochababe73 January 19, 2011 at 02:25 #

I love this. It’s like she put effort towards making it effortless if that even makes sense.
    Looking effortless actually takes work. My only complaint is that I wish she had worn some brown boots.

7. Di January 19, 2011 at 03:22 #

I’m surprised this look is perceived as carefully styled. Each piece is nice, but together it all looks careless and sloppy to me, as most of her casual outfits have appeared over the last year or so. I love everything she wears on the red carpet, though… The multi-color Peter Pilotto, the floral Erdem, the orange-and-pink Proenza Schouler shift dress… Loved them! Did not care for that blah mint green Jil Sander business. A rare exception to Kate’s red carpet excellence!

• Manja January 19, 2011 at 13:39 #

ditto that

8. Jinni January 19, 2011 at 16:14 #

Sorry I tried to agree, but it don’t work..either the jacket with trousers & those boots or the denim dress (wish it was a darker shade) with boots…all together it looks like she’s tried too hard to make it look effortlessness.