Kristen Stewart For Vogue US February 2011

Kristen Stewart graces the cover American Vogue’s February 2011 issue.

The “Twilight” star sports softer lighter locks on the cover wearing a Proenza Schouler Spring 2011 looks throughout her editorial which was shot by Mario Testino.

A lot of people seem to be very unhappy about Kristen’s cover which I think is strange considering the fact – like it or not – she is a major Hollywood player.

What I love about this editorial is that there isn’t any over the top princess-like dresses. The editors picked a young hip brand which suits Kristen’s non fussy style.

In her interview she talked about her preferred roles and the way she’s been putting her money to use.

Here are some extracts from her interview.

On the roles she goes for: “I choose things that are so overly ambitious, and if I can’t do stuff like that, I don’t want to be doing this.”

On really doing something with the money she’s making: “Anytime I hear that somebody’s really rich, the first question is ‘Do you do anything with it? Or do you, like, chill? You just sit on it?’” She is thinking carefully, strategically, about how best to put her own contribution to use, and has a plan – inspired by her researches for the role of a runaway in the sex trade – to set up a network of halfway houses to help those who want to recover and get back on their feet. “That would be amazing. Right now it’s the thing I feel most connected to.”

On being really connected to Bella Swan: ” [She's] a character who is embedded in so many people’s psyches at this point. It’s starting to enter my head a lot more than it used to because it’s at the end and it’s come such a long way. I just want the fans of the book to be happy. I don’t necessarily care about anyone else.”

Credit: Style.com & Mario Testino for Vogue

Gwyneth Paltrow In Azzedine Alaia - Baume & Mercier Gala Evening for 21st SIHH High Jewelry Fair

Gwyneth Paltrow In Azzedine Alaia – Baume & Mercier Gala Evening for 21st SIHH High Jewelry Fair

On The "I Don't Know How She Does it" Set With Olivia Munn & Sarah Jessica Parker

On The “I Don’t Know How She Does it” Set With Olivia Munn & Sarah Jessica Parker

69 Responses to Kristen Stewart For Vogue US February 2011

1. Hermione Weasley January 18, 2011 at 14:37 #

I really like the cover, and I’m happy they shot it while she was still reddish-blonde. It’s a shame they didn’t use the best pics for the actual editorial!

2. Leska January 18, 2011 at 14:39 #

Ok, who’s this girl??? Soooooo much photoshop here…

• msd January 18, 2011 at 15:43 #

I’m neither here nor there when it comes to Kristen Stewart (Twilight isn’t my demographic) but my God that’s some bad Photoshop! She’s barely recognisable in the second photo from the top. Did they let one of the interns loose with the Heal tool?

• molly January 18, 2011 at 17:59 #

Well, she probably showed up high, so there were only so many options. Ok, that was mean….but yea…lots of photoshop. Its not bad, but it doesnt look like her. They tried too hard to give her that old hollywood vibe that she doesnt naturally have. I like all the clothes but my god, what is with the expression that shes giving the camera in all the shots? That open mouth thing? And is it just me, or are her eyebrows to thick and dark with that hair color? Bad photo spread…i hope they dont run it.

• Anita January 19, 2011 at 01:37 #

I actually like the composition of the cover – but theres too much photoshop. Plus her face and expressions look the same in every shot!! Its 1/3 stoned, 1/3 constipated and 1/3 I dont give a…! Alos why does she and Rob always look stoned; I think Taylor is the only human. I just understand the attraction especially to Rob. But Im not one to get in the way of these twihards

3. guest January 18, 2011 at 14:41 #

omg, some photoshop lover just overdid it… in the 1st photo, the one with the green dress, she actually starts to look like a vampire.

4. Alyssa January 18, 2011 at 14:42 #

ugh.

5. Ashley January 18, 2011 at 14:45 #

Oh wow. All the dresses suit her. She looks gorgeous!

6. Sharona January 18, 2011 at 14:45 #

Are you sure that’s really Kristen and not Catherine Oxenberg circa 1986 “Dynasty”? It’s uncanny!

7. june January 18, 2011 at 14:50 #

i have a problem with the shoot and cover not because i have a problem with kristen — she seems lovely, if a bit thoughtless at times (she is, however, young) — but she doesn’t even look like herself in this. methinks someone was a little too photoshop happy

• Vidhya January 18, 2011 at 15:51 #

my thots exactly.. vogue who :O

8. luiza January 18, 2011 at 14:51 #

OMG the 2nd pic has soooo much photshop, it’s horrible!

but i really like the cover and i hope to see kristen on the next red carpets wearing proenza schouler

9. Mel January 18, 2011 at 14:55 #

Why is she covering all the magazines when she never strikes a good pose or make justice to the clothes??? and I prefer not to talk about her fashion sense. All her photos are the same (can’t she close her mouth??) and she’s never appealing. This girl is beyond my understanding. I don’t like this shoot and I start to think Vogue US is in its daker moments, at this moment I just wish they get away for the Kardashians girls.

10. Marisa January 18, 2011 at 14:59 #

shame on you Vogue US

11. Incroyable January 18, 2011 at 15:01 #

Photoshopped to death, in some of the pics she looks almost inhumane. And the cover makes ME feel uncomfortable, she always looks like she farted and is hoping no one figures it was her.

12. bibi January 18, 2011 at 15:14 #

Love, love, love Kirsten. So real, so authentic, in this era of silicon everything. Wish the pictures looked a bit more like her though, with her Pre Raphaelite beauty.
    The clothes suit her though.

13. Ethne Blist January 18, 2011 at 15:15 #

I love Kristen Stewart. She is down-to-earth, unpolished and normal. She is also so talented. She deserves to be on the cover of Vogue. I don’t like the photoshop and how different she looks from when she doesn’t have makeup on, bu the pictures are gorgeous.

14. Srividya January 18, 2011 at 15:17 #

I just recalled the line from SATC1- Enid telling Carrie “Vogue designers, vogue photgraphers, Vogue airbrushing!” Kristen is such a beautiful girl… but just look at the first pic!! ghastly..

15. Lils January 18, 2011 at 15:20 #

She is pretty and the clothes are nice but like many of you I deplore the overuse of photoshop. I had a hard time recognizing her!

• bas January 18, 2011 at 16:06 #

my thoughts exactly

16. Pablo January 18, 2011 at 15:21 #

I love KStew, I love Proenza Schouler and I love her in their clothes. This’ll be unpopular but what I don’t like about this editorial are Mario Testino’s pictures. They are totally lifeless. And it’s his fault. He’s overrated, in my humble opinion. Great move for Vogue US, in any case.

• mol January 18, 2011 at 17:09 #

I agree with you re Mario Testino…..awful.

• Rahel January 19, 2011 at 10:50 #

It’s not his fault. That’s how Kristen ALWAYS looks. She’s just not photogenic.

• me January 27, 2011 at 19:09 #

She’s photogenic. Have you seen other photos. the girl has a great face especially on the screen. Between the three leads she has the best face for the screen.

17. Lou January 18, 2011 at 15:35 #

I kind of like it… She is a beautiful girl and does the clothes justice. (But ok, a lil’ too much photoshop in picture 2)

18. roxana January 18, 2011 at 15:39 #

the cover is amazing. she is very nice.

19. Mary January 18, 2011 at 15:40 #

Not a really good spread for Vogue but I don’t blame Kristen for it. Badly photoshoped, Kristen looks stiff, the cover shoot is… well the least I can say is boring. The cover is not selling. At all! It feels like they were trying to digg it on purpose What annoys me the most is the quality of the photoshoped pictures. If you watch the video on the site, you’ll see that Kristen looks really good…

20. mm January 18, 2011 at 15:40 #

She looks really pretty in each shot. I love the twilight series. I dont like seeing her look awkward on the red carpet or during interviews. Her roles in other movies have been boring but she is Bella Swan so she gets a gold star for that! LOL

21. karina January 18, 2011 at 15:50 #

I like this editorial, thank you FC.

Kristen looks great!

22. Lianna January 18, 2011 at 16:13 #

Boring as usual

23. Rebecca January 18, 2011 at 16:19 #

Maybe she looks awkward and uncomfortable in so many pictures because of catty comments like so many of these. This is an attractive young woman who is actually a very good actress thrust into a very high profile situation because she took a role that would make her career. Give her a break !

24. Laura January 18, 2011 at 16:19 #

forget the photoshop, when is she going to close her mouth?!! Or at least crack a smile….

• kat January 18, 2011 at 17:42 #

THANK YOU. It’s the same thing that I always think about Jessica Simpson–please close your mouth. You just look like your nose is stuffy.

25. kelly January 18, 2011 at 16:20 #

I love Kristen but she looks so dead in the eyes for some of these shots

26. Rachel January 18, 2011 at 16:27 #

Frankly, I can barely recognize her in some pictures~ Though she looks good in those clothes, but the hair, make up and poses make her different from what she used to be and it seems to me that she’s lifeless… I suggest that the photograph team should have made it much better.

27. Bego January 18, 2011 at 16:27 #

I was very surprised to see her in the cover, I think she looks amazing.

28. Snarky Sharky January 18, 2011 at 16:53 #

I sort of didn’t recognize her in the second picture.

29. Kay January 18, 2011 at 17:18 #

Can’t stand some of these catty, b*itchy responses. Who ARE you people, God’s gift to good looks and fashion? LOL Get a life and stop picking on Kristen like sheep. Either analyze the clothes and editorial decisions that were made or STFU.

• Fashion Critic January 18, 2011 at 17:48 #

Thanks for your comment, but the majority of the comments are related to the airbrushing. No one is criticizing Kristen herself.

I have read every comment so I know that any negativity is mostly in the direction of Vogue and not Kristen.

• Rebecca January 18, 2011 at 19:11 #

I am sorry, FC, but I have to disagree. Look at all those comments about her closing her mouth and “she probably showed up high”! C’mon folks.

• Maxie January 18, 2011 at 21:22 #

Those TWO comments, you mean? FC is right, all the other comments are about the bad Photoshopping and poor quality of the shoot. From where I’m sitting, you seem to be the rude one.

• yaz January 18, 2011 at 18:52 #

idem

• Mel January 19, 2011 at 11:52 #

I guess when it comes to Kristen there’re some kind of opinions you’re not allow to have… LOL

30. Mia January 18, 2011 at 17:36 #

The cover is gorgeous & so is Kristen. I don’t understand why the behind the scenes video has better shots than those they posted. Vogue’s to blame for using not so great pictures when it’s obvious she took some amazing pics. Airbrush FAIL! She’s a beautiful girl & all that wasn’t needed.

31. PZFC January 18, 2011 at 17:42 #

What?! Why her on the cover of VOGUE?! Give some nice models the opportunity !!!

• Anna January 18, 2011 at 19:28 #

THIS!!

32. manja January 18, 2011 at 18:24 #

she doesn’t need all that photoshoping,she is beautiful,amd i like all the colthes.

33. JJovana3 January 18, 2011 at 18:34 #

Her face is wayyyyy to photoshopped. She looks dead and lifeless.

Im lovin Proenza tho :)))

34. Hannah January 18, 2011 at 18:35 #

I hate hate HATE this terrible choice by Vogue. I think she looks painfully boring and the same frankly in every shot. I think she looks hideous on tehcover, and the editorial. I also am so annoyed by the fact she tries to act like she isn’t mainstream or being a sellout, but does twilight and agrees to be on the cover of Vogue. Vogue was limping before this, IMO, but now it is just dead. She does not deserve a cover. Vogue is a hypocrite by saying they are a fashion magazine. They are doign exactly what you said, tryin gto put yet another young hollywood star on the cover of their magazine in a desperate bid to increase their numbers. Kristen has nothing whatsoever to do with proper fashion, and the fact that Vogue labels itself as the ultimate fashion magazine makes me feel nauseous. Vogue UK is goign down this path too.
    Just to rub the salt in the wound a little bit more, Proenza is now ruined for me.

• Nikki January 19, 2011 at 03:13 #

Well they have to. Vogue / Conde Nast is a business and they need to sell magazines. If Kristen Stewart is going to help increase sales, then they would do it.

• Fashion Critic January 19, 2011 at 06:46 #

Totally agree. Its a business first and foremost

• Ines January 23, 2011 at 12:05 #

I am going to be more moderate and say :
          – KS does not care about fashion. She said it several times, she picks her clothes at the last minute and can’t handle staying in the same dress or put something more “put together” for after parties.
          So I do understand why some find her irrelevant.

As far as I am concerned I understand that Vogue is a business but I would find more relevant to put someone who is hot under the spotlight AND who CARES about fashion. I know that Rihanna is coming next and this will be very interesting because she loves fashion, is a way better model than KS (I have nothing against the girl but one can agree that her recent ed are not been stellar – Thx God for Elle UK who did something pretty cool – ) and have probably a better potential of rocking it (even if after all our dear Testino direct the shoot ;))

The thing I don’t like in this ed (and I LOVE the issue esp Gang of New York)
          – the pose on the cover and in the ed : she looks so stiff and uncomfortable => it does not say BUY ME
          – the airbrush (dear lord, tragic because she has a very beautiful and distinct face)
          – the hair styling I think it would have been better without the “puffy thing” on the top lol
          – the coldness of the issue : I think KS is not someone very warm and as she has dead eyes (I am sorry if I am offending) and not a very huge rand of facial expression/emotion it may have been better to have a more “elaborated setting while keeping tone down the make up, hair etc.. I don’t know it’s pretty cold, liveless and emotionless.

And yes she has a mouth open in every picture :S Maybe she should get some coach? I mean she may not care about fashion but she has done severals covers for fashion magazine now so maybe it’s time to get some help?

And yes Proenza was a brilliant choice (I am so jealous she got to wear those clothes lol)

35. Jennifer A. January 18, 2011 at 18:40 #

I actually like Kristen even though I hate Twilight, but oof these pictures are not good. I agree with you FC that Proenza was a good choice, but her hair (especially) and makeup is terrible and they’ve Photoshopped her to high heaven. Plus, I think Kristen poses better when she’s with someone else to play off of. Otherwise, we get these same open-mouthed shots that don’t do service to her beauty.

36. Soleil Anne Schmidt January 18, 2011 at 20:18 #

I agree w/ Mia.
    There were lots of better pictures,
    why were they NOT used?
    I think AnnaWintour has a say in this.
    She knows that all negative “critics” will be
    on K.Stewart. B+tchy as always.

37. Eulalia January 18, 2011 at 20:18 #

I love Proenza Schuler and it seems like a good choice for Kristen (no too girly, not too fuzzy ). I don’t understand why she’s on the cover of VOGUE (I mean, I do -money – but it is just sad) but since she’s there I don’t understand why so much photoshop? My opinion about her aside, she does have perfect skin as far as I can tell. So unnecessary….

38. gossip_bangkok January 18, 2011 at 20:56 #

In the second picture, god, has airbrush or photoshop gone wrong? She doesn’t looked like Kristen Stewart at all. I too like how Vogue chose the brand that suits Kristen’s style.

39. Katie January 18, 2011 at 22:46 #

All I get out of this spread is that I’m so damn irritated that SHE got a Vogue US cover before Leighton did.

You’d think since Celebrities take over the covers these days that they’d want to separate themselves by choosing ones who actually give a crap about fashion.

40. Lorraine January 19, 2011 at 00:34 #

No comment about photoshopping. I’d like Kristen to experiment more with Green, Orange and Yellow. They compliment her eyes and skin tone very well. STAY AWAY FROM BLACK. Shes young, pretty and famous. Have a little fun. I dont see whats so bad about the shots, I dont find it hard to recognize her at all. My favourite shots are the one where she wears green and the last one.

41. Rahel January 19, 2011 at 00:40 #

>I’m sure her die-hard fans will make this the highest selling cover of all time, so Vogue were very smart to make her a cover girl.<

I'm not so sure. Look at the box office of her movies. Three movies came out in 2010 and they were all flops. I don't think that she has a lot of fans.

I like the cover. Her makeup and hair look amazing. I'm still not sure what I have to think about Proenza Schouler. Some dresses look good but others not so much.

The reason why others think that she doesn't deserve a cover is because she hates this. She doesn't like fashion and she hates being popular. So why being on the cover of the #1 high fashion magazine?

• me January 27, 2011 at 19:15 #

we are talking bout a magazine here not her indie movies who doesn’t have studio backing. there are bigger actress where their studio backed movies flopped hard and I don’t see you berating them.

Any way most of the three leads are not box office magnets just asked pattinson who’s movie is backed by summit. at least her movies has better reviews.

the style is great but most of the look is the same. i want to spice it up. I don’t know something is missing.

42. Carolina January 19, 2011 at 01:04 #

i like the beauty shot. she is so pretty she just doesn’t know how to work that side of her. i already got over that already lol

43. pipsqueak January 19, 2011 at 02:36 #

I’m so thrilled to see this cover! Well-deserved. I also like these photos that fit Kristen’s authenticity and freshness. People who trash her clearly don’t get real movies but only know her through the stupid Twilight saga. Kristen is a very talented actress. Go see Adventureland, The Runaways, Into the Wild, and The Yellow Handkerchief (which stars the talented yet relatively unknown Eddie Redmayne!). Can’t wait to get my Vogue!

• LizLemooooon January 19, 2011 at 15:08 #

So Twilight the movie is not a movie but a ‘fake’ movie? I don’t get it…she chose to be in the movie, you’re trashing her as much as the rest of the haters by insulting a film she claims to love.

44. Ayesha January 19, 2011 at 08:10 #

while all the looks are good,my first reaction on seeing kristen on vogue was ‘eewwww!!’

45. LizLemooooon January 19, 2011 at 15:06 #

Lol Anna Wintour is so embarassing. She’s losing whatever credibility and skill she used to have as an editor. This photoshoot is awful and ugh, I can’t…

I will say that I appreciate Kristen Stewarts interest in doing support work with sex workers and as much as I don’t like her that seems pretty admirable. I hope she’s not all talk.

46. sunniee January 19, 2011 at 18:48 #

omg this is NOT KSTEW!! can’t be— :((

47. Pam January 20, 2011 at 01:59 #

I’m not sure who is to blame for some of these photos but there’s no life in some of the shots featured which is very disappointing considering the caliber of the magazine she’s on the cover for.

Kristen looks like some model for a middle-range fashion catalogue, rather than the star she is, in the photos where she’s staring straight at the camera. Is it just me? Her facial expressions (facing the camera) seem so stiff, unvarying and unanimated.

Maybe the photographer was the one who was stoned if this is the best photos he/she can eke out of Kristen! Haha.

Meanwhile, I am loving the clothes. They suit her style and she looks good in them!

48. bibi January 20, 2011 at 19:41 #

I agree with Kay.

49. Hyatt Epley January 22, 2011 at 18:26 #

Some of these photos are stunning, but I am really frustrated at how photoshopped some of them look! Kristen is so effortlessly beautiful, so why they felt the need to do this much editing is beyond me. Where they did not miss a single beat was on the Proenza Schouler collection….PERFECTION! I really think this collection suits her personality perfectly, and it seems that Lazaro Hernandez and Jack McCollough felt the same way!