17.01.11

Nicole Kidman In Prada – 2011 Golden Globe Awards

Most Disappointing Award
I need to face up to the fact that the Nicole Kidman who used to blow me away on the red carpet is no longer.

The Australian actress arrived on the red carpet at the 2011 Golden Globe Awards wearing a cream Prada asymmetrical gown which is covered in sequin embroidery.

I really tried to love it, but apart from the bow detail on the waist and the brooch detail on the shoulder, I’m struggling to find anything exciting about this look.

Nicole is nominated for Best Performance by an Actress in a Motion Picture – Drama, for her role in “Rabbit Hole.”

Credit: Getty

Get The Look: Kate Beckinsale's 2014 Golden Globes Punk-Inspired Hair Do

Get The Look: Kate Beckinsale’s 2014 Golden Globes Punk-Inspired Hair Do

Sandra Bullock In Jenny Packham – 2011 Golden Globe Awards

Sandra Bullock In Jenny Packham – 2011 Golden Globe Awards

34 Responses to Nicole Kidman In Prada – 2011 Golden Globe Awards

1. Jones19 January 17, 2011 at 00:45 #

It’s very pretty but pales in comparison to Nicole’s glory days on the red carpet.

2. Hannah January 17, 2011 at 00:47 #

I actually reall ylike it. Sure, it isn’t midn blowng, but the hope this gives me for the oscars is worth it. IMO this is much better than some of ehr other looks, she just needs to get anew contract with chanel again!

3. noo January 17, 2011 at 00:47 #

i miss feathers and bows nicole
    at least she could wear color from time to time

4. Laura January 17, 2011 at 00:49 #

Simple, and the color is nice, but you’re right about it. There’s just not that much spectacular about it.

5. LizLemooooon January 17, 2011 at 00:49 #

FC thank you for your wonderful work oh and by the way, Angelina was there and she SHUT IT DOWN she wore colour as well. I almost passed out.

6. mol January 17, 2011 at 00:49 #

I rather liked its understated but very polished look, and Nicole carried herself with a lot of class…..but in reality, I doubt it will be in my top five.

7. Joy January 17, 2011 at 00:50 #

Couldn’t be more boring if she tried.

8. Raquel January 17, 2011 at 00:51 #

Elegant, appropriated and boring. Love the earrings, though.

9. june January 17, 2011 at 00:53 #

the cream is magnificent against her skin — the dress *glows* but i really wanted nicole in colour and in something more interesting

10. robbie January 17, 2011 at 00:54 #

she is gonna be across the papers tomorrow “nicole kidman pregnant” after the little bulge in her dress. she looks alright nothing special but nothing bad.

• Juliana January 17, 2011 at 01:55 #

I also noted that, it looked really weird on TV.

11. Martin January 17, 2011 at 00:55 #

I would totally agree with the Fashion Critic!! She use to blow me away on the red carpet!! Now she wears more simple pieces! Very beautiful and classic but she could have done more!

12. msd January 17, 2011 at 00:56 #

She said she’s not as interested in fashion as she was when she was younger and the lack of interest shows.

I actually like the dress but she’s kept things *too* simple here. Some statement jewellery and brighter makeup would have worked wonders.

13. Marvel January 17, 2011 at 00:58 #

Its nice and a good look from her who has had some bad moments recently.

14. Amber January 17, 2011 at 01:03 #

I like it! It’s beautiful, elegant, and restrained. So what that it doesn’t have big bows, feathers, or adornments? There is more than one woman at the Globes wearing a dress with all of the bells and whistles that looks terrible because of the bells and whistles!

15. Yaas January 17, 2011 at 01:09 #

I know what you compare this dress to, I gave up such an hope on her. But I really like this look on her, much much better that other unflattering she wears these days. Also if this dress meant to be beautiful on somebody, that’s her.

16. Linda January 17, 2011 at 01:11 #

Yeah, I think the old Nicole is gone.

17. Elle_gb January 17, 2011 at 02:59 #

True her dress almost perfect very simple and elegant but the tiny bow ruined everything.

18. Sharon January 17, 2011 at 03:37 #

It’s a beautiful dress and fits her perfectly, but I wish she had gone for a bit more color.

19. Ethne Blist January 17, 2011 at 04:02 #

Angie dropped her title as Mrs. Snoozeville and gave it to Nicole Kidman.

20. Cristina January 17, 2011 at 04:39 #

Lets all reminisce about the Good Ole Days when she was Queen of the red carpet.

*SIGH*

21. Mia January 17, 2011 at 05:00 #

shame on her stylist! why would you give this dress to Nicole and make her look all pasty and pink. big no no! she would have looked stunning in the dress amy adams wore.

22. Tahj January 17, 2011 at 05:47 #

It’s a beautiful, classy look. For those missing the days of the old Kidman fashion icon, well she was saying recently in an interview with jennifer aniston that she doesn’t care about fashion anymore now that she’s older.

I love the dress, I just don’t know why she wears so many whites. She’s too white and pale to wear it. Maybe if the dress were in a pale blue or lavendar color, I would like it better.

23. mochababe73 January 17, 2011 at 07:12 #

I like it.
    However, since she was nominated, I think that Nicole could have put forth a little more effort. This is too easy.

24. Alicat January 17, 2011 at 07:16 #

She looks washed out in this barely there colour. The gown fits well but the bow is a bit twee. I saw a close-up of her hair and it looked over-straightened. A softer style with more body would be more flattering.

25. nicky January 17, 2011 at 09:35 #

i liked this look. clean, simple but very elegant. i feel like this is one of the better looks from her. love the straight fit of the dress as she tends to wear baggy dresses from time to time

26. Andreea January 17, 2011 at 10:45 #

The dress is very pretty and it looks wonderful on Nicole,but i think that it doesn’t make justice to her beauty.I also don’t like the hair.

27. D January 17, 2011 at 11:39 #

nicole is always like an angel. but i wish she wears some braclet or ring or something… or perhaps a purse?

28. Lara January 17, 2011 at 14:00 #

I thought it looked better on television actually, and yes, there was a noticeable “bump”

• Fashion Critic January 17, 2011 at 14:23 #

I agree there was a bump

29. Jinni January 17, 2011 at 15:58 #

She looks bored! and has the weight of problems on her mind because her body is disappearing.

30. Lils January 17, 2011 at 16:28 #

I really love this look! The dress is very pretty. The only thing I would change about this look is Mrs Kidman’s the botoxed-face

31. Alina January 17, 2011 at 17:09 #

I would have loved it …
    -shorter
    -worn by Dannii Minogue at the X factor.

32. gabis January 18, 2012 at 01:04 #

You didn’t post Nicole’s 2012 Golden Globes look, but despite the year my thoughts are still accurate as I keep asking myself when will NK learn that white/nude/pale dresses just don’t work against her excessively pale skin…