17.01.11

Natalie Portman In Viktor & Rolf – 2011 Golden Globe Awards

Best Maternity Award
Natalie Portman finally gave us a glimpse of her baby bumps at the 2011 Golden Globe Awards.

Her pink Viktor & Rolf Couture strapless multi-layered column gown was adorned with a hand-embroidered Swarovski crystal red rose.

Tiffany jewels and a red Dior clutch completed her look.

I wish she worn this look sans necklace. It feels too much with all the detail on her gown.

Credit: Getty

Tilda Swinton In Jil Sander - 2011 Golden Globe Awards

Tilda Swinton In Jil Sander – 2011 Golden Globe Awards

Michelle Williams In Valentino - 2011 Golden Globe Awards

Michelle Williams In Valentino – 2011 Golden Globe Awards

39 Responses to Natalie Portman In Viktor & Rolf – 2011 Golden Globe Awards

1. Amber January 17, 2011 at 03:40 #

I agree about the necklace, but the rest of the look was so beautiful that I’m willing to overlook it!

2. Laura January 17, 2011 at 03:41 #

I did not like this look to begin with, but the more I looked at it, the more I liked it. I love the color and silkiness. It looks really comfortable. I agree with you on the necklace. But I also wished the flower didn’t have so much sparkle. It seemed too much for such a striking dress. I don’t like the shoes either.

3. Shaina January 17, 2011 at 03:41 #

She makes pregnancy look so glamorous.

4. mikeijames January 17, 2011 at 03:46 #

while it’s not my favorite look on her, she certainly looks radiant and captivating. it’s her night tonight. and i’m impressed that she found an unexpected choice given all of the obvious choices she could have made.

5. Ethne Blist January 17, 2011 at 03:47 #

It is pretty but boring. The necklace has got to go. The pink color is divine, and I like the rose detail, but I wanted something stunning but instead got simple and pretty. Fair enough I guess.

6. Moxie January 17, 2011 at 03:47 #

I love this look, even with the unnecessary necklace.

7. Fanny January 17, 2011 at 03:52 #

I think she looks lovely. Will you post more this night or should one wait and check again tomorrow? You’re doing a great job!
    ps Olivia Wilde looked great on stage…

• Fashion Critic January 17, 2011 at 03:55 #

going to sleep now and catch up on the rest tomorrow x

8. Julianne January 17, 2011 at 03:52 #

I liked Natalie’s look. She was gorgeous.

9. Linda January 17, 2011 at 04:08 #

I love this look so much, but ever since FC pointed out the necklace, I find it really distracting. Even so, she looks beautiful. I love this dress.

10. Katie January 17, 2011 at 04:25 #

WHAT’S UP WITH THE FLOWER?? Someone should have said No.

11. molly January 17, 2011 at 04:41 #

I like the color but the dress itself is terrible. Despite being pregnant, she did have a lot of baby bump highlighting or covering options that im sure designers would love her to wear. Its not as difficult to dress a pregnant women as many may think. Shes been letting me down. This style is very boring and I HATE the rose. It ruins the overall look. I wish that she had worn the dress she wore on friday instead. And i agree, the necklace has got to go. The only things i actually like about this look are the color and…well thats it. No me likey.

12. gossip_bangkok January 17, 2011 at 04:55 #

The dress is beautiful. Agree with the necklace.

13. mol January 17, 2011 at 05:42 #

I’m not jumping for joy with this gown, but it’s growing on me – i’m definitely captivated by Natalie herself.

• Alina January 17, 2011 at 13:44 #

I agree.

14. KateS January 17, 2011 at 06:23 #

I like it, I think this is her most interesting maternity choice so far.

15. Tahj January 17, 2011 at 06:26 #

I don’t like it. Looks like vomit. Her critic’s choice awards gown was better.

16. mochababe73 January 17, 2011 at 06:34 #

Natalie looks beautiful, but I really don’t like this dress. It appears that this garment is actually a nightgown (ie. bedclothes).

17. lily January 17, 2011 at 06:38 #

I think Natalie got it right. If she didnt wear necklace, the flower would draw all attention.
    And Its a sweet sweet Natalie! She always looks adorable no matter what she wears, especially when she is pregnant. <3

18. Jones19 January 17, 2011 at 08:00 #

I would have preferred this look without the rose on the bust.

19. Naff January 17, 2011 at 08:02 #

I dont know what to say. She looks beautiful with her pregnancy.:) I think she looks a little bit OLD in this dress but overall i think she felt pretty in the dress with all the draping and the color and the beautiful rose detail on her chest. I wouldve removed the necklace too FC.

20. Emi January 17, 2011 at 08:59 #

I agree with you, FC, the necklace wasn’t necessary. I think she’s wearing very small earrings, maybe a bigger pair would have been better, but I also think that stars are almost “obliged” to wear jewellery in these occasions. The dress is fabulous, I love it!!! She looks great.

21. nicky January 17, 2011 at 09:25 #

not too impressed to be honest. its definitely interesting but the flower and necklace looks tacky.

22. msd January 17, 2011 at 10:08 #

I like this dress better at second glance but the look overall is fussy and overdone rather than sophisticated.

23. Maggy January 17, 2011 at 12:20 #

I have to say I LOVE IT. Nechlace and all.

24. D January 17, 2011 at 12:34 #

so beautiful!!! now I think NP just topped Emma stone’s look… gosh so many beautiful people/dresses @ GG2011!!!

25. D January 17, 2011 at 12:34 #

think the baby brings the best out of NP :)

26. Marvel January 17, 2011 at 12:35 #

I like which I thought was Lanvin at first. A great look and Im so glad she’s managed to wear a loose gown and still showed off her Baby Bump. An amazing look

27. Raquel January 17, 2011 at 12:38 #

She looks stunning, I loooove the rose, the hair, the red nails matching the clutch and the rose, and the soft pink is so pretty on her. Agreed on the necklace on all accounts, but she is one of the best dressed for me.

28. Carolina January 17, 2011 at 12:49 #

Pregnancy is doing good for Natalie. She looks incredible.

29. Angela January 17, 2011 at 15:46 #

I think she needs to wear the necklace with it, because without it, the dress would seriously look like a nightgown! I don’t LOVE the look, but for Nat Portman’s maternity fashion so far…it’s an improvement. She needs to find a better stylist for this stage in her life. :) Just saying…

30. Francesca January 17, 2011 at 16:03 #

Stunning! She looks sensational and boy, isn’t she glowing? I’m so happy for her and that dress is gorgeous, I’d wear it myself!

31. Camille January 17, 2011 at 16:29 #

She looks gorgeous in pink, glowing! Loved her makeup and even the hair, the touches of red in her lips, shoes and clutch. I even didn’t mind the necklace because it looked delicate and in the head shots it framed her face and looked rather regal.

Full length shots tho, I didn’t care for the giant red flower up front. I love the red/pink combo, but I just wish the flower had been smaller, more of a touch of red than a big garish shout of red right up front.

32. Lils January 17, 2011 at 16:41 #

Beautiful BDOTW

33. asherlev1 January 17, 2011 at 18:25 #

I feel like I’m the only who didn’t like this.

34. Mary January 17, 2011 at 21:16 #

This is so cute and romantic! I don’t mind the necklace, I noticed it only on the close ups. If this was anyone else I would say “Too pink” but Natalie pulls it of so sweetly :D
    I think she is the best dressed “mama-to-be” ever :D

35. smolls January 17, 2011 at 21:32 #

I think she looks amazing! I love the color on her & the touches of red with the rose, the clutch & the lip color – just beautiful! :)

36. Jen January 18, 2011 at 04:13 #

I don’t mind the necklace too much. The clutch and her choes are worse. why does she always wear such cheap clunky looking shoes?

37. Bluebell January 18, 2011 at 20:35 #

I think it’s a mess, the red flower with the pink looks rather cheap, like something Christina Aguile ra would wear.