17.01.11

Julianne Moore In Lanvin – 2011 Golden Globe Awards

Best Brand Ambassador Award
Protest all you want about Julianne Moore not being the best ambassador for Lanvin; she still rocked this Alber Elbaz custom Lanvin look on the red carpet at the 2011 Golden Globe Awards tonight.

I love this shocking pink asymmetrical silk Lanvin gown with dramatic draped shoulder and gold detailed neckline, but the creases are killing me.

She teamed her look with a matching silk belt, beige leather Lanvin platform pumps and Bulgari jewelry.

Credit: Fame Pictures

Get The Look: Kate Beckinsale's 2014 Golden Globes Punk-Inspired Hair Do

Get The Look: Kate Beckinsale’s 2014 Golden Globes Punk-Inspired Hair Do

Megan Fox In Armani Privé – 2011 Golden Globe Awards

Megan Fox In Armani Privé – 2011 Golden Globe Awards

34 Responses to Julianne Moore In Lanvin – 2011 Golden Globe Awards

1. Laura January 17, 2011 at 02:36 #

The creases are a bit much, and I can’t help but thinking the jewels and the whole look would’ve worked better if the sleeve weren’t so puffy. Only Julianne could rock a look like this, and I love the bold color. This will no doubt be on many worst dressed lists, but this is light years better than Heidi Klum and Halle Berry.

2. mm January 17, 2011 at 02:40 #

one of my least favorite of the night

3. pipsqueak January 17, 2011 at 02:42 #

I like the dress – beautiful color, but her hair looked stiff and unflattering on TV, even though it seems ok in this picture. I’m actually happy that she’s wearing Lanvin (or any other labels) rather than Tom Ford. I could use a break from any buzz or picture about Monsieur Ford.

4. robbie January 17, 2011 at 02:43 #

im so sick of her in lanvin, the dress all look the same. and the creases bother me.

5. Moxie January 17, 2011 at 02:44 #

This is a big NO for me. I really dislike the draped line-backer shoulder and she looks like she is in dire need of an iron.

6. Raquel January 17, 2011 at 02:44 #

In theory I like this look, and I wouldn’t have imagined she could look this good in pink. BUT satin is a royal pain and all those wrinkles show why.

7. Hannah January 17, 2011 at 02:46 #

Firstly, Tilda Swinton is the best brand ambassador for Lanvin (and should have been nominated for I am Love, but still) , secondly, I adored this look on Julianne, ti is such an unexpected colour, especially with her hair. The creases are killign me, but given that this is a silk dress, and she couldn’t hav erealistically steamed her dress while she was on tehred carpet, I will try to accept it. She could’ve steamed in the car though.

• Hannah January 17, 2011 at 02:53 #

Also, how amazing tha tTild aSwinton is wearing Jil SAnder, only a few days ago I was saying I wanted her to wear Jil SAnder! I am literally so happy at this moment, especially since seeing Helen Mirrenand Leighton Meester <3 . I really needed to say my piece because I have to go to sleep fro school tomorrow! So depressing.

8. Tatiana January 17, 2011 at 02:49 #

Not only the creases are bothering us but for me the detailed neckline is too much information! She looks beautiful though as the color fits her perfectly! PLEASE, put a photo of Julianne Hough and her PERFECT dress (at least in my opinion)! Kisses from Brazil!

9. Elle_gb January 17, 2011 at 02:49 #

I don’t know it doesn’t feel right for this award.

10. GirlOne January 17, 2011 at 02:50 #

Great look. It came across even better on TV

11. Amber January 17, 2011 at 02:51 #

Well, at least the color is nice? And I do like the jeweled neckline, but that’s all the positives I have to say about this look.

12. Linda January 17, 2011 at 02:52 #

Creases aside, this is a wonderful look for her. I really like the jewelled detail around the neck and she’s glowing in that colour.

13. Jones19 January 17, 2011 at 02:59 #

No no no, the fit and the creases kill it.

14. Sharon January 17, 2011 at 03:02 #

I love this color on Julianne, but I am not a fan of her style at all. She always seems to look like an older women trying to look young, when in fact she’s not old.
    I would love to see her in something with simple long lines that fits her body better and shows off that beautiful hair and skin.

15. mikeijames January 17, 2011 at 03:13 #

she looks radiant in this lanvin number. finally, i might add.

16. LizLemooooon January 17, 2011 at 03:30 #

I think Julianne could wear more flattering things but I love that she takes risk. This gown is fun but still elegant. I wish she’d ironed it better : /

• Marvel January 17, 2011 at 12:20 #

The gown is nice but wish she would have ironed the dress and lost the necklace. A nice look but I also think the colour is off putting because of her hair colour

17. Ethne Blist January 17, 2011 at 03:50 #

The creases, the predictability plus the stupid sleeve when there already is a puff shoulder is annoying. Not loving this.

18. Tania January 17, 2011 at 04:01 #

The creases make it hard for me to concerntrate on anything else.

• Paty De Carvalho January 17, 2011 at 12:56 #

The same for me……
      The problem is the fabric that get so wrinkled after minutes sitting….can’t believe it can happen with Lanvin…. what a shame

19. Katie January 17, 2011 at 04:27 #

It’s wrinkled!! wtf. Aside from the color, I hate this so much

20. gossip_bangkok January 17, 2011 at 04:56 #

I actually like it, not the best I’ve seen, but I like the color on her.

21. Janelle Sims January 17, 2011 at 06:02 #

All the comments on Julianne Moore’s dress on here are amazing! I love JM, but this was a horrible, horrible dress on her. I don’t think anyone could have pulled off a dress that looked as if someone’s cousin just finished sewing it. The designer and stylist should be so ashamed.

22. KateS January 17, 2011 at 06:31 #

Sorry FC, but I am going to protest about Julianne in Lanvin – she needs to back away from any urge to put Lanvin on her body, it’s never a happy mix. This colour is unexpected and lovely, but everything else – shape, fit, wrinkles, oversized foofy shoulder, overaccessorised neck – is a disaster.

23. Emi January 17, 2011 at 09:08 #

The dress is beautiful, I don’t like the shoes (with the dress) but looking at this photo I only see creases, maybe the fabric is difficult “to manage” but this shouldn’t happen at the Golden Globes.

24. crazyme47 January 17, 2011 at 10:59 #

i don’t like this dress on her.
    i think it’s perfect for meryl streep or helen mirren.

25. Carolina January 17, 2011 at 12:31 #

My first thought was NO. Why she insists on wearing Lanvin? It always looks soo awful.

• Lee Ann January 17, 2011 at 13:24 #

Couldn’t say it better. A resounding No. Ms Moore step away from Lanvin.

26. Alina January 17, 2011 at 13:57 #

Could have been so beautiful….

27. Lils January 17, 2011 at 16:36 #

I love Julianne but not in this occasion. The dress is overwhelming her

28. Camille January 17, 2011 at 16:41 #

Julian please dump Lanvin. You can do better. I adore this color on her…at least they got that right. But hate the akward puffy sleeve that looks like a Project Runway reject. And the wrinkles..tragic. But still, the color was luscious on her.

29. Deborah January 17, 2011 at 21:12 #

Ugh, wrinkled mess.This dress has an identity crisis, one sleeve, part of a large puffy collar, the belt! Oh my! Maybe in a different fabric. Looks like a Project Runway reject.

• manja January 18, 2011 at 15:04 #

hahaha ditto that.she sholud have chosen another dress.