January Jones In Versace – 2011 Golden Globe Awards

Should’ve Worn The Blue/Worst Shoes Award
January Jones was of course wearing Versace on the red carpet at the 2011 Golden Globe Awards.

She wore a Versace Spring 2011 gown of red fringes with a deep V cut out neckline.

The ‘Mad Men’ actress accessorized the look with black Versace patent leather pumps and a black satin Versace clutch.

I really wish she’d worn the blue version, because we’ve seen her wearing a Versace red fringed number when she was front row at the Versace Spring 2011 show.

On TV this dress looked breath-taking, but in these pictures she looks a tad too busty for the dress.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Sandra Bullock In Jenny Packham – 2011 Golden Globe Awards

Sandra Bullock In Jenny Packham – 2011 Golden Globe Awards

Angelina Jolie In Atelier Versace - 2011 Golden Globe Awards

Angelina Jolie In Atelier Versace – 2011 Golden Globe Awards

44 Responses to January Jones In Versace – 2011 Golden Globe Awards

1. Jones19 January 17, 2011 at 01:06 #

January “tries too hard” Jones is at it again. Don’t like it at all.

2. Incroyable January 17, 2011 at 01:08 #

Gorgeous

3. Raquel January 17, 2011 at 01:09 #

What a tacky dress and the black pumps don’t work. I really dislike this.

• Ethne Blist January 17, 2011 at 03:59 #

Don’t show boobs much at the Golden Globes. You’re not Blake Lively.

4. robbie January 17, 2011 at 01:12 #

HOOKER! thats the only thing i can thing when i look at her in this dress.

• Lils January 17, 2011 at 16:25 #

exactly! she ruined this dress

5. Hannah January 17, 2011 at 01:12 #

I cannot fault this look at al. I lvoe the colour, I don’t think it would have had half the appeal it does in blue, as much as I adore that blue colour. I also d like the black pumps, because they needed to be strong, but subtle, and not red for overkill. I think this is the perfect way to show that she deserves to be the face of Versace, whilst incorporating the mad men side of her we all love. THis look really seriosuly floats my boat. divine.

6. Linda January 17, 2011 at 01:12 #

I’ll take your word for it that it looked better on TV. That is often the case.

7. Mario January 17, 2011 at 01:13 #

I saved this dress for Christina Aguilera so she could get back to her old hot days, but January stole it from her. And made it red and sluttier.
    And GOD with those shoes!

8. mikeijames January 17, 2011 at 01:13 #

she looks super-fantastic in this. versace is made for her.

9. Laura January 17, 2011 at 01:13 #

It definitely looked better on TV. But I do like red on her. Much improved from the Emmy’s.

10. Hermione Weasley January 17, 2011 at 01:14 #

Apparently, she asked Versace if they could make her a red version… not sorry, though, I prefer the red. She looks smoking hot!

11. summer January 17, 2011 at 01:15 #

ı adore her but she must stop wearing varsace

• mm January 17, 2011 at 01:27 #

LOL

• Alina January 17, 2011 at 16:56 #

I agree. She’s a beautiful woman but she’s not sexy.

12. Martin January 17, 2011 at 01:19 #

She looks beautiful!! One of my favorite dresses at the Golden Globes!!! She know how to work it! I love it! The hair and everything!!!!!

13. Marvel January 17, 2011 at 01:22 #

How tacky. The shoes let her down (yet again)
    The hair is nice but this gown is so tacky for her. She is seriously loosing her spark. I havent liked a look from her for quite a while

14. From Russia With Love January 17, 2011 at 01:23 #

Black shoes kill it.

15. Improper-bostonian January 17, 2011 at 01:24 #

I am never impressed when you see a starlet fixing herself in her dress so many times. If the dress doesn’t fit your body, get a tailor or another dress.

• Fiona January 17, 2011 at 01:54 #

Agree – I saw her adjusting herself a few times and it makes me uncomfortable if she is obviously uncomfortable.

16. The Dame January 17, 2011 at 01:24 #

She ruined a gorgeous dress with black closed pumps. I would have liked to have seen her in those red and gold strappy Louboutins.

17. mm January 17, 2011 at 01:28 #

I agree on TV she looked gorgeous.

18. michelle January 17, 2011 at 01:30 #

next!!!

19. Kaylie January 17, 2011 at 01:32 #

Compared to the rest of the ladies, this is a really tacky look.

20. Hilary January 17, 2011 at 01:37 #

Remind anyone of Victoria Beckham’s Roberto Cavalli, circa 2005, at the height of her WAG phase…?? She wore it to Elton’s wedding think..

WHAT possessed her not to wear the blue? Her skin tone was made for it…

21. justme January 17, 2011 at 01:39 #

Tacky, tacky, tacky.
    And it’s even funnier to me because she tried to class it up with the retro hairdo and make-up.

22. que esq January 17, 2011 at 01:43 #

so obscene for the Globes! n she looks like a cheap hula dancer!

23. Talita January 17, 2011 at 01:57 #

I’m not seeing the same January Jones as most of you. She looks gorgeous and not tacky at all.

• rebecca January 17, 2011 at 02:26 #

people really hate her here, unfortunately. :(

24. rebecca January 17, 2011 at 02:23 #

love this except for the black shoes. Her hair and makeup is the best of the night.

I think she went for the red because the blue version is too similar a colour to the versace she wore in 2009.

25. Elle_gb January 17, 2011 at 02:58 #

The dress on the model looked fantastic, but on January i’m not sure maybe cos the make up she looks so old.

26. E January 17, 2011 at 03:07 #

I love her hair and makeup. And I think despite her curves she manages to pull off the dress. I mean, she has a gorgeous body, why hide it? The only disappointment is the black pumps…

27. Sharon January 17, 2011 at 03:32 #

I think I must be a slut at heart because I love this dress with all its fringes. I would kill to wear it and look as good as January. I’d go for the blue color and seriously strappy shoes, though, as I wish she had.

• LizLemooooon January 17, 2011 at 18:38 #

Hahahaha we’re both slutty at heart then becauase she was my best dressed. Her boobs were less obvious (if that makes sense) in screen and the dress moved beautifully, the colour was sensational on her and her hair and make up were just breathtaking. I think she looked sexy, a little edgy and still chic.
      People will love this dress…maybe not today but one day!

28. Lara J January 17, 2011 at 03:46 #

I’ve clearly been spending too much time with you FC, my first thought looking at January Jones was “Black shoes?! Really?”

You have managed to embed yourself into my fashion subconscious (and I am not complaining in the slightest!!)

29. mol January 17, 2011 at 06:09 #

She looked quite glamorous when being interviewed on the RC, and again as a presenter, but she does somehow look tacky in this picture…..

30. mochababe73 January 17, 2011 at 07:06 #

The dress looks better on the runway model than her.
    It looks like she should have gone up a size. The cups on the dress don’t even cover up the girls.
    To top the look off, she wears clunky, black pumps. Not good.

31. Alicat January 17, 2011 at 07:12 #

This is a brave choice as it could border on tacky as some have said. Even so, she wears it well. Her makeup and hair are flawless. Shame about the shoes, though…

• Alicat January 17, 2011 at 07:23 #

PS Christina Hendricks also wore red and dressed to accentuate those amazing curves of hers. She looked amazing. Va Va Voom!!

32. Andreea January 17, 2011 at 10:42 #

I don’t like the fact that she is showing too much skin.I like the contrast betwen her hair,her skin and the color of the dress though.

33. D January 17, 2011 at 11:36 #

wow… but looks like a dancer or something…. prefer the blue… or if they have a dark purple colour?

34. Carolina January 17, 2011 at 12:18 #

Stunning, but I have to confess the first thing I thought when I saw her on tv was that I would love this dress for Blake Lively.

35. Dorian Gray January 17, 2011 at 15:18 #

She deserves her job as testimonial ’cause she’s a very beautiful woman in red hot Versace (shame for the shoes)

36. Pete January 19, 2011 at 02:56 #

While I agree witht the balck pumops critisim; howover, overall best look of the night. Stars should take risks.

Pefect hair and makeup, and the ivory complexion works with the red. Perfect body for this dress. Christina Hendrickson should take a cue from January’s hair choice, Christina’s huge ruffle would have been less abnoxious with better hair….