Menu

17.01.11

Angelina Jolie In Atelier Versace – 2011 Golden Globe Awards

Most Spectacular/Most Improved Award
THIS is what I live for.

Jaw-dropping moments like this.

I have goosebumps; I just can’t find the words to express or justify how amazing Angelina Jolie looked on the red carpet at the 2011 Golden Globe Awards tonight.

I’m sure your jaws are on the floor like mine is.

I haven’t been this gob-smacked since Gisele Bundchen wore that pink Versace gown at the 2009 Met Gala.

Angelina wore a long sleeved light emerald green Atelier Versace gown which was open at the back.

Her stunning gown was covered entirely in Swarovski crystals.

In one weekend, but Iman and Angelina have given me BDOTY worthy looks.

Who needs diamonds when you can shine so brightly without them?

AMAZE.

Ferragamo heels completed the look.

Credit: Getty

January Jones In Versace - 2011 Golden Globe Awards

January Jones In Versace – 2011 Golden Globe Awards

Anne Hathaway In Armani Privé - 2011 Golden Globe Awards

Anne Hathaway In Armani Privé – 2011 Golden Globe Awards

110 Responses to Angelina Jolie In Atelier Versace – 2011 Golden Globe Awards

1. mochababe73 January 17, 2011 at 07:01 #

I’m not wowed. This is par for the course for Angelina. Bored.
    I would have been surprised if she had worn a big, poufy dress.

2. Danika January 17, 2011 at 06:28 #

The colour is beautiful with her skin tone BUT overall she just makes me think of a skeleton with clothes as she is listlessly guided around by her husband. To me she is lifeless and unhealthy. For example look at the not dissimilar dress – from the front – that Anne Hathaway is wearing it comes alive but on Angelina it is just meh.

3. Katrina January 17, 2011 at 06:24 #

I’m still BEYOND bored with this look. YAWN

4. Sally January 17, 2011 at 04:34 #

She does look very nice, and a huge Yay!!!!, because it’s not black; but, it’s not my favorite dress of the night, therefore, not one of my top 10 of the year.

5. Sarah January 17, 2011 at 04:32 #

Can we just disregard the fact that it’s only January and vote Angie BDOTY for 2011? Please? She looks amazing!!

6. Gloria January 17, 2011 at 04:32 #

P.S. Angelina and Gisele both are wonderful women and should get a little more respect from other females. This is why so many women have given us a reputation for being terrible to each other. I love reading about/seeing photos of these two beauties wherever I can.

7. Gloria January 17, 2011 at 04:28 #

Yes, she looks utterly gorgeous, the best I’ve ever seen her and, yes, she always brings out the catty comments whether here, the Daily Mail, or wherever.
    Green-eyed jealously from those who pan her whenever they have a chance,

8. Laura January 17, 2011 at 04:03 #

Angelina Jolie’s dress must have been one of the most expensive on the red carpet this night. Among the fact that this might create another “Atonement” moment; Keira Knightley’s green dress in that movie made sales in green dresses rise for months. Since green dresses are at a scarce moment right now, with trend colors ranging more in the neutrals, it will definitely increase the sales of green garments. This dress will help the manufacturers of green dye, not to mention the publicity the Versace Company will get for having created the dress. The dress is also an Atelier Versace creation, meaning the dress was purely created by hand, this would have created many job opportunities, among transportation from Italy to L.A., crystals and fabric. This dress will cause a lot of competition in garment manufacturing companies and will likely inspire many prom dresses for next year’s prom season.

9. Elle_gb January 17, 2011 at 02:56 #

Best of the night!!!!!!!

10. Onionviper January 17, 2011 at 02:51 #

Completely boring, if you look Zeta Jones, than you’ll see what is to wear a green dress like a diva.
    And for me the best look of the night is between Catherine and that girl from house

11. mari January 17, 2011 at 02:46 #

so pretty! Shoulder pads are coming back? not for me. She looks pretty and I bet her dress is heavy, love the shade of green.

12. Jackkie January 17, 2011 at 02:41 #

The only thing I like about this look is her hair and makeup. I guess the green is a nice change but Mila wore it MUCH better. And the style is so… predictable? Anne Hathaway wore something similar and I almost want to say she wore it better…

THIS IS NO WHERE NEAR GB AT THE GALA!

• Cristina January 17, 2011 at 04:35 #

Anne Hathaway rocked it!. Angie is a snoozefest.

13. Amanda January 17, 2011 at 02:26 #

Goddess!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

14. Tahj January 17, 2011 at 02:25 #

I don’t get the fuss. It’s probably just because whenever Angelina doesn’t wear black people go “oh my god” The sparkles are too gaudy, the shoulder pads too big, and it looks too 70s and not in a good way. Don’t get the excessive love here.

15. rebecca January 17, 2011 at 02:20 #

her hair is awful though – you can see the extensions!

16. Shaina January 17, 2011 at 02:16 #

I don’t know why she stays away from color so much, it really works for her! She looks absolutely amazing.

17. Jennifer A. January 17, 2011 at 02:07 #

It looks great on her and I love the color, but once again she’s wearing that terrible aging hair. She would have looked so much better with a sleek ponytail.

• Jackkie January 17, 2011 at 02:42 #

Are you just saing that because your name is Jennifer A? (;

18. Tania January 17, 2011 at 02:05 #

In love with her in this dress! Green is one of my favourite colours and she looks divine!

19. paleo January 17, 2011 at 01:47 #

The color is the only redeeming factor here. I think she’s desperately trying to cover up her bones and veins these days. With all the thick covering and the unstyled “I cut it myself” hairdo, she looks like a long lost sparkly member of the Duggar family.

20. Hannah January 17, 2011 at 01:45 #

She isn’t wearing black! I love the colour and the sparkles nad the slightly strogner attitude, but that is all. IMO thisis a borign dress, and it is VERY eighties. I also really dislike th eeffortless hair. I get that you always love Angelina when sh eis not in black, but I just cannto get the infatuation at all, she always seems so wtaered down and boring to me, instead o being unattainable like others. This is one of my lease favourite looks on an amazing night. I just do nto think she hold a cnadle to January and JEnnifer and Diana and Scarlett, as well as others.

21. mol January 17, 2011 at 01:43 #

So simple, so perfect, so easeful, I absolutely love this, I agree completely with you F.C. – a royal treat!

22. Lily January 17, 2011 at 01:41 #

I’m afraid I’m not a fan of this look. Too mumsy and old-fashioned. The hair also looks like an afterthought.

23. Aisha_Iman January 17, 2011 at 01:38 #

OMG LOVE HUH! It’s about time she really brought it on the red carpet!

24. Renata January 17, 2011 at 01:37 #

I don’t see that much!
    For me, it looks a bit old, a bit “80’s”, like someone said up here..

Olivia Wilde is so MUCH MORE breathtaking..

• Carolina January 17, 2011 at 12:23 #

I totally agree with you 🙂 Olivia is my favorite so far of 2011

25. niya January 17, 2011 at 01:33 #

im sorry about earlier but im glad you liked this as well FC! It really doesnt take a lot does it? I just wish she would wear colour more often!

• Cristina January 17, 2011 at 04:34 #

It doesn’t take much to wow us with her because she’s bored us into oblivion.

• manja January 18, 2011 at 17:52 #

ditto that.you so made me laugh Cristina-:)))

26. Hilary January 17, 2011 at 01:32 #

This might be the best I’ve ever seen anyone look EVER…Finally, a dress that is worthy of her beauty and presence.. I am MESMERIZED…

She looks like the epitome of elegance..

Didn’t see the point of Brad’s sunglasses though!

• Jones19 January 17, 2011 at 02:03 #

He looked like a complete idiot in those Bono sunglasses, what was he thinking?

27. june January 17, 2011 at 01:31 #

i think some of the other ladies wore better green dresses than angie (both mila kunis and catherine zeta jones are absolutely stunning in their green dresse), but she does look good

• chryssa January 17, 2011 at 01:45 #

i fully agree!

• Mariana January 17, 2011 at 01:47 #

I agree!

• Jones19 January 17, 2011 at 02:02 #

Yep Mila and Katherine win the green dress award of the night 😀

• Naff January 17, 2011 at 07:31 #

i agree, this just looks ok. catherine and mila’s dresses are like art

28. robbie January 17, 2011 at 01:31 #

she looks AMAZING!

29. HM January 17, 2011 at 01:30 #

AMAZINGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!

I just love how Angie delivers without trying soo hard 😉

30. chryssa January 17, 2011 at 01:30 #

she looks great, amazing colour on her but i really don’t like the shoulder pads-really 80ish…

31. michelle January 17, 2011 at 01:28 #

*gasp* DAMN

32. mm January 17, 2011 at 01:26 #

One of the most memorable looks. Thank goodness it wasnt black. On TV she looked even more beautiful

33. Elaine January 17, 2011 at 01:25 #

FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!! we have been waiting ages to wow us, and how she did…

speechless!

34. pipsqueak January 17, 2011 at 01:24 #

Beauty and perfection without even trying too hard. I love the color of the gown and I love her nude lips. Absolutely gorgeous! Gasp…

35. From Russia With Love January 17, 2011 at 01:24 #

I love it. Best dressed!

36. shap_half January 17, 2011 at 01:23 #

She looks great, for sure. A nice departure from what she’s been seen in lately. But I think Leighton Meester, Jennifer Lawrence and January Jones all look superior.

37. Harrison January 17, 2011 at 01:23 #

Am i the only one who doesn’t like this.. I fell like its a complete 80s flashback.

• Linda January 17, 2011 at 01:39 #

No, you’re not. Same cut and style she favours.

• Raquel January 17, 2011 at 01:53 #

Agreed. And I can’t stop thinking “eat a sandwich!”.

• G January 17, 2011 at 19:30 #

Me too! I saw a picture of her next to Catherine Zeta Jones and I just couldn’t get over how unhealthy Jolie looked in comparison.

Not only is the dress the same thing she always gives us, but so is the hair and the make-up and the expression…

• justme January 17, 2011 at 01:40 #

Nope, I’m not impressed either. I’m happy it’s not black but that’s how far my excitement goes.

• Hannah January 17, 2011 at 02:04 #

absolutely not. I really cannot get on board with the ;goosebumps’, i just think it is so average.

• Tahlia January 17, 2011 at 06:02 #

I agree, apart for the colour, how is this any different to what she usually wears except. I’ll admit she looks great, especially the colour of her hair against the dress but the whole look is in no way something to get “jaw-dropping” excited about.

• Jinni January 17, 2011 at 16:11 #

I agree, but I also thought it’s a Nicole Kidman dress..

• KateS January 17, 2011 at 06:40 #

I’m on team ‘meh’. I guess one of the perks of spending years in a style rut is that when you bother to put on a dress that isn’t black or white you get rapturous applause, but personally this does nothing for me.

• heather January 17, 2011 at 15:57 #

KateS’s just put into words exactly what I was thinking! Big ‘meh’ from me.

38. Incroyable January 17, 2011 at 01:22 #

ABSOLUTELY STUNNING DRESS and FLAWLESS HAIR. But she looks emaciated. Still GLAMOROUS!

39. Bri January 17, 2011 at 01:22 #

Actually for me it’s just ok, good she’s not wearing black though.

• Elena January 17, 2011 at 10:44 #

same… It’s Ok that’s it!

40. Martin January 17, 2011 at 01:22 #

My heart just stopped for a second! Angelina Jolie looks absolutely beautiful!!!! She knows how to work it and everything!! I love it!! I think the best dressed of the night!! I love Versace!

41. Luiselotte January 17, 2011 at 01:21 #

Pure perfection.

42. Marvel January 17, 2011 at 01:21 #

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am not a fan of Jolie but she looks BEYOND amazing. My jaw dropped on the keyboard and Im finding it hard to pick it up.

AMAZING!!!!!

43. Laura January 17, 2011 at 01:21 #

Love that the cut of the dress was still very much Angelina, but she stepped up the color. This is a Golden Globes dress and one that’s deserving of best dressed not just because it was worn by Angelina Jolie but because it is beautiful. This has been a long time coming. I can’t remember a time Angelina looked this good.

44. ValTr January 17, 2011 at 01:20 #

although she is NATURALLY GORGEOUS! i think she could have done something better with hair and make up… and while i really like the dress it seems ill-fitting on her….

• Lils January 17, 2011 at 16:24 #

I second your statement

45. Nikki January 17, 2011 at 01:20 #

OMG. That was my reaction after seeing Angelina on the red carpet. I almost squealed as soon as I saw her wearing this green gown. I knew you’d love it, FC, as much as I do.

46. ude January 17, 2011 at 01:20 #

OMFG!!!!!!!!!!!! did NOT expect this
    she looks ravishing!!!

47. Mario January 17, 2011 at 01:20 #

It’s like so amazing, I chose Versace and I chose green! (the one from Atelier Fall)
    And God, she granted my wish! She wore the exact green color that looks stunning on her. This is seriously amazing, I adore it!

48. summer January 17, 2011 at 01:20 #

QUEEN

49. Amber January 17, 2011 at 01:20 #

Yawn. The only surprising thing about this dress is that it is not gray, black, or beige. Otherwise it is exactly what she always wears. Boring!

• meenakshi January 17, 2011 at 01:40 #

second that!! not too excited!

• nichelle January 17, 2011 at 04:03 #

me either

• Katie January 17, 2011 at 04:32 #

Third.

• Me January 17, 2011 at 05:19 #

Nothing we haven’t seen from her before – I wish she would do something with her hair

• Cristina January 17, 2011 at 04:31 #

EXACTLY. I can too easily picture this on Rose Nyland. Angelina is too beautiful to be dressing like a Golden Girl.

• Leti January 17, 2011 at 04:39 #

Couldn’t have said it better myself.

• anna January 17, 2011 at 15:07 #