17.01.11

2011 Golden Globes Red Carpet Round-Up

Here is a round up of the rest of the looks from the 2011 Golden Globe Awards.

“Modern Family” actress Julie Bowen looked breath-taking wearing a Tadashi Shoji Spring 2011 dove grey antique crinkled silk chiffon beaded floral detail gown, which she teamed with a Judith Leiber ‘Katarina’ grey satin clutch.

Christina Hendricks looked stunning wearing a red hot Romona Keveza elegant silk crepe one shoulder gown with ruffled strap which she teamed with a Judith Leiber Fleurs minaudière.

I just wish she pulled her hair back so it wasn’t competing with the ruffled detail on her shoulder.

Vanessa Williams gave me old school glamour wearing a vintage pink sequined one shoulder Roberto Cavalli gown.

Her body is to die for and those earrings are divine.

Julianna Margulies wore in vintage Yves Saint Laurent Haute Couture from Decades.

As much as I applaud her for not wearing head-to-toe black, I can’t help look at this dress and feel like she has a bath towel around her waist.

I expected so much more from Carrie Underwood, so I find myself looking at her Badgley Mischka gown wishing it was more dramatic.

A Swarovski blush metallic leather ‘Frivolity’ clutch completed her look.

Christina Aguilera wore a Zuhair Murad Fall 2009 Couture gown.

The black lace and jet beaded strapless gown with nude lining is amazing, but I just wish she would do something different with her hair.

Lorraine Schwartz jewels completed her look.

Milla Jovovich was one of the presenters on the night wearing a soft pewter Armani Privé gown.

Her sweetheart neckline gown which flows into an off-the-shoulder silhouette is decorated with Swarovski crystals and silver beading.

I love the layers on the skirt which create a spiraling mermaid effect.

A wavy old-school hairdo and sparkling earrings completes this vintage look.

Tina Fey wore a midnight blue velvet L’Wren Scott Spring 2011 dress which she teamed with a Swarovski velvet ‘Bird’ clutch.

I wasn’t crazy about Sofia Vergara red strapless Vera Wang dress mostly because of the corseted finish at the back.

Chopard jewels completed the look.

Piper Perabo wore an Oscar de la Renta Spring 2011 gown.

Her black silk faille column gown with bow detail and train was paired with a Judith Leiber clutch.

Kyra Sedgwick was glowing wearing an Emilio Pucci Spring 2011 mustard gown with a matching clutch and stunning turquoise and gold earrings.

Mandy Moore looks spectacular wearing a blue Monique Lhuilier tulle dress. The color is amazing on her.

Chopard jewels completed her look.

Despite Amy Adams wearing yet another dark coloured dress, she looked amazing wearing a teal Marchesa sculpted laser cut one-shouldered gown.

She totally works the look I love her modern up-do and flawless make-up.

Whilst I love Julianne Hough’s Marchesa gown with a sensational black and gold embellished neckline, I don’t feel like this is the right look for her.

Something more sugary would’ve been preferred.

Sara Hyland looked sweet wearing a beige Max Azria Atelier strapless gown with a sweetheart neckline and an embellished detailed bodice. She added a statement necklace and wore her hair up.

Julia Stiles wore a black one shouldered Ramona Keveza gown. The pop of colour came via her a red lippie.

Credit: Fame Pictures

Ellen Page In Saint Laurent - Vanity Fair Oscar Party 2014

Ellen Page In Saint Laurent – Vanity Fair Oscar Party 2014

Who Was Your Best Dressed At The 2011 Golden Globe Awards?

Who Was Your Best Dressed At The 2011 Golden Globe Awards?

43 Responses to 2011 Golden Globes Red Carpet Round-Up

1. Marvel January 17, 2011 at 12:44 #

Julie – I love the riffles on the dress and the fact that she wasnt swamped by the dress

Christina – Her hair should have been pulled back and I cant help but feel a deja-vu from last year’s SAG award Carolina Herrera look with a floor on the shoulder

Vanessa – Her body is amazing and she knows it. A great look

Julianna – Reminds me of Marissa Tomeie’s vintage dress we saw last year. Not a fan of the dress but kudos for in not being boring

Carroe – OMG. Its 2007 when Carrie wore a sparkle gown. Oh wait she still wears it

Xtina – The dress is nice but her hair/make-up RUINS the look

Mila – AMAZING. Love this look and her hair

Tina – Safe but thats to be expected from her

Sofia – In all the interviews she said she was so comfortable and it shows. I like it but wish her hair was pulled back

Piper – A nice look and I feel like its been ages since we saw her on the red carpet

Kyra – Nice to see a bit of colour on her for once

Mandy – SPECTACULAR. for those who said she looked dull previously, she showed them. My fav on this post

Amy – A nice look but she is an A-List star, she can demand better dresses than this

Julinna – How boring and stale

• Marvel January 17, 2011 at 12:45 #

Ooops forgot Sara and Julia

Sara – A nice cute look (are bangs the new redcarpet hair statement)

Julia – a lovely dark look from her

2. Mahima January 17, 2011 at 12:50 #

carrie looks stunning but its the same old same old.

3. Anita January 17, 2011 at 12:53 #

Christina H – she should have had an updo but she still looks gorge

Piper Parabo – its too much of January Jones 2010

Xtina – shes my girl and I know that it could have been 100 times worse lol. She hasnt looked this put together in a while. Dont get me started on the hair but even thats improved a bit so. Just wish she would have stuck to the short hair look she had at last years GG.

4. mm January 17, 2011 at 13:00 #

Christina A hair looked damaged, dry and over colored on TV. New hairstylist ASAP.

My favorites are Julia S and Mandy M

5. rebecca January 17, 2011 at 13:01 #

who was best dressed in your opinion?

• Fashion Critic January 17, 2011 at 13:21 #

anne hathaway

6. Carolina January 17, 2011 at 13:03 #

Looks like Christina has made some plastic surgery to her face again. Her nose, chin and cheeks looks odd. She resembles Snooki.

• Camille January 17, 2011 at 20:20 #

OMG you’re right! I knew she looked like she’d had work. It makes me sad just to look at her. The dress looks like a saloon girls and her hair & makeup are AWFUL! So sad because she is too young and too naturally pretty to look this cheap and plastic. She so needs a good hairdresser & makeup artist.

• noo January 17, 2011 at 21:44 #

never mind her hair and makeup and the miserable state of her face, she altered the dress by removing the sleeves and the original dress is much better

• Juliana January 17, 2011 at 23:22 #

You are so right Carolina. I coudn’t pay attention to her gown because her strange face was distracting me. She made the gown look so cheap. Blonde Snooki.

7. noo January 17, 2011 at 13:08 #

one person who completely stepped it up was kelly osbourne who looked stunning in zac posen and i loved gobourey sidibe and respected jane krakowski’s maternity style. helen mirren delivered as usual in he r badgley mischka but i don’t like her hair.

the looks i hated were julia stiles and helena bonham carter and i expected more from rita wilson and annette benning

shaun robinson wore the dress that jennifer carpenter wore to the emmys, and edie falco wore the red version of a valentino that jennifer aniston wore before

• Kim January 17, 2011 at 20:21 #

YES! I thought Kelly O’s gown was so interesting!

• noo January 17, 2011 at 21:03 #

i also loved jane fonda’s dress, it was fun for a black dress.
        FC do u knw who designed it? thx :D

• Fashion Critic January 17, 2011 at 21:10 #

Georges Hobeika

• noo January 17, 2011 at 21:38 #

and thank you so much for this amazing work, i know how hard it must be and you stayed up to blog as the dresses walked the red carpet, you’re the best :D

• Fashion Critic January 17, 2011 at 21:55 #

and I loved every second of it :D

8. From Russia With Love January 17, 2011 at 13:12 #

Wow u didn’t miss anybody, FC, did u? Great job!

• Fashion Critic January 17, 2011 at 13:14 #

9. Raquel January 17, 2011 at 13:22 #

Julianne Hough’s my favorite of all them.

Awesome work, FC!

• Fashion Critic January 17, 2011 at 13:44 #

phew…thanks…still have the parties to blog…but will do later

10. Linda January 17, 2011 at 13:23 #

Sara Highland looks really, really lovely. She may be one of my favourites of the night for this soft and romantic look. Julie Styles also looks really good. Other than that, I really like Piper, Kira and Mandy. Amy Adams looks nice but we’ve seen this dress, hair and colour countless times, it seems.

11. Laura January 17, 2011 at 13:27 #

My fave on this page was Julianna. So stunning.

12. Cybill January 17, 2011 at 13:32 #

Tina Fey looks amazing! I think that colour on Amy Adams is so flattering to her hair and skin tone, it is just perfect.

13. Chloe January 17, 2011 at 13:38 #

I loved Mandy Moore’s Monique Lhuillier gown on the runway but I was rather dissapointed when I saw it on the red carpet.
    It could’ve been styled soooo much better.
    Most importantly : She should’ve worn her hair back, then this look would’ve worked better for me

14. zoe January 17, 2011 at 13:54 #

i can’t take my eyes off of mandy moore in that blue! one of my faves now that i am seeing her, i also think sara hyland looks so cute, love the necklace…and julie bowen was one of my faves! she looked so beautiful on stage.

15. Jones19 January 17, 2011 at 14:00 #

Mandy Moore and Vanessa Williams look smashing.

16. Ethne Blist January 17, 2011 at 14:41 #

My favorites are:
    Julie Bowen was incredible- she never looked better!
    Milla Jovovich because she didn’t go all kaftan on us and she always looks stunning in Armani Prive.
    Kira Sedwick looks stunning. The mustard color and sexiness is perfect for her.

17. pipsqueak January 17, 2011 at 14:48 #

I really like Julianne Hough’s look. She appeared much more sophisticated and less country-barbie-sweet here. A nice change! I also like Christina Hendricks. A bit deja vu, but she looked hot. She’s grown on me. I don’t watch much TV, let alone Mad Men, and I usually identify with flat-chested skinny girls like myself, but Christina completely changed me. She exudes beauty and warmth and radiance.

18. Mia January 17, 2011 at 14:57 #

mandy moore’s gown is very nice, but where is the big bling to make the look pop? I didn’t see this dress until now on the site, E! should have interviewed her….

Loved Julia S.’s dress and look- completely forgot about her. I want that dress!

Piper’s dress is also a nice piece but she should have gone with a different hair style to make it more memorable.

Julian Hough’s dress was not the best choice for her- she would have killed it in the blue dress that mandy moore wore. Vanessa Williams would have killed it in the black marchesa that Julian wore. Mandy moore would have looked awesome in the sequins numbers that was given to anne hathaway.

i feel like playing musical dresses with these celebs on the red carpet….

19. Moxie January 17, 2011 at 15:01 #

Thank you for the amazing coverage! Did you see Helen Mirren, FC? She looked gorgeous.

20. Kaylie January 17, 2011 at 15:24 #

Julianna Margulies looks too “plane jane.” Not just the dress, but the hair and the makeup too. She looks like a pilgrim.

LOVE that color on Mandy Moore :)
    Julie Bowen looks amazing too.

21. M January 17, 2011 at 15:45 #

love julia stiles… she looks fab

22. Incroyable January 17, 2011 at 15:50 #

Christina’s face is a MESS!!

23. Suz January 17, 2011 at 16:24 #

Really like this look on Julianne. Prefer her in a more sophisticated look instead of sugary sweet.

24. Dani January 17, 2011 at 17:07 #

TIna Fey looks amazing!

25. Lily January 17, 2011 at 17:18 #

I always love to see Kyra on the red carpet. She always manages to pull off a flattering, glamorous look so effortlessly. Love the color!

26. Jemma January 17, 2011 at 17:40 #

OMG they all look amazeballs!!
    buuut dont you think christinas dress is very reminiscant of her perfume bottle?

27. Shaina January 17, 2011 at 18:33 #

Julie Bowen, Milla Jovovich, and Sara Hyland were my favorite of this post. They all look so beautiful.
    And I want Kyra Sedgwick’s gown. It’s oh-so-gorgeous.

28. karen January 17, 2011 at 19:17 #

i love christinas dress I just wish she chose lighter lipstick. I am so over that red.

29. ashley January 18, 2011 at 02:40 #

carrie’s dress is very similar to my prom dress…awkward. it’s pretty but she wears things like this ALL the time!!
    ugh i would kill to be on the red carpet..i would mix it up and have fun with my looks.

30. Sandra January 19, 2011 at 20:27 #

Personally, Christina Hendricks was one of my very worst of the evening. Just too much of everything except forethought.

Piper Perabo was another letdown. The look was just too melodramatic for her from head to toe, and she was unable to carry it.

Mandy Moore was one of the big positive surprises of the evening, though. I loved her entire look, and especially the bodice of that amazing dress. Julia Stiles looked rather lovely, too; I generally don’t approve of black on the red carpet, but her hair and make-up saves the look for me.

I’m not sure what to think of Julianne Hough’s Marchesa, though. The embellished neckline is a definite eye-catcher, but I feel this dress would’ve been much more complete if it hadn’t been matte black. As it is now, the neckline just looks very out of place.

31. ondam January 31, 2011 at 10:58 #

Good god!I thought Tina Fey was Wynona Rider!
    Actually still do..i would never expect the two of themto be so striking alike!i know, i know, maybe is just the way the picture is shot,but still..
    she looks amazing though, really really elegant!