Olivia Wilde In Marchesa – 2011 Golden Globe Awards

Best Marchesa Award
What an amazing way to kick start the 2011 Golden Globe Awards.

“House” actress Olivia Wilde looked breath-taking on the red carpet wearing a Marchesa strapless gown.

Her chocolate brown gown was embroidered with gold sequins sparkled as she glided down the red carpet.

Normally I would’ve loved to see a star in this type of gown wear their hair up, but Olivia usually wears her hair up so I like that she switched things up for this occasion.

She set the bar high. I hope others will follow.

Olivia showed off her Christian Louboutin ‘Bridget’s Back’ gold ankle boots on the red carpet.

Credit: Getty

52 thoughts on “Olivia Wilde In Marchesa – 2011 Golden Globe Awards

1. Marvel

OMG!!

First Post! I am so excited. eek

She looks amazing and the ‘Lea Michele’ bangs work with this look. Cant wait!!!

2. Hannah

She looks so beautiful! I am even more excited now abotu what is to follow. Imagine, she isn;t even (I dont tihnk) nominated, or nto at elast fro one fo teh main movei awards, I cannot contain myself.

3. niya

agreed agreed and agreed – she looks stunning! and the fringe is growing on me. I’m also going to pretend that she has a fabulous pair of strappy shoes on underneath.

1. Martin

She’s wearing the most ridiculous pair of Christian Louboutin spiked gold open-toed booties with this dress. Just saw her lifting up her dress and kicking up her heels on the red carpet. Pass.

1. Estranged

I was waiting for someone to point it out. The dress is fabulous and the shoes are spectacular, but together they just don’t work.

4. Raquel

Lovely dress, but I feel like I’ve seen Olivia dresses in this dress – although in different colors – a dozen times.

5. Ashley

The dress is beyond beautiful but her hair kills it for me. I would have liked to see soft curls or a loose bun

6. Denise

Absolutely gorgeous. Breath taking. BDOTW contender for sure. She sure raised that bar high and I hope we get some great looks tonight.

7. df

I REALLY do not like this look.
    This dress reminds me of prom and Taylor Swift. And the hair does not look good at all. :(

1. Linda

I don’t dislike it as much as you do, but as someone else said, it seems like we’ve seen this style of dress on her before…the hair isn’t helping.

8. Erik

So amazing! I really can’t wait for the rest! Sad enough I have to go to bed now but school will start at 11 in the morning so I’ll have loads of time to see all the looks before going to school. Catherine, thank you so much for covering this event (and all the other great events too)! Good luck with staying up, if you’re going to! xx

9. Laura

Amazing. And one of the first on the red carpet. This is going to be a contender for best dressed. With a dress like this, I don’t know how the nominees are going to top it.

10. Elaine

The dress is to die for but i cant get on board with the hair! gonna be a late night – il eagerly await your updates :-)

11. robbie

j lo will be p*ssed, this dress just screams j lo to me not a fan, and her shoe choice *grabs a bucket* hideous garish “ghetto” gold *cringes*

12. LizLemooooon

Her hair really, really ruins it for me but at least she has poise with it.
    I hope she works it more on the red carpet, someone like Camilla Belle would have done this gown justice.
    Anyway best so far but I hope she’s not as good as it gets…

13. justme

I adore Olivia’s style, I do so much that the thought of her in that Reem Acra dress at the 2008 Emmys still makes me smile to this day.
    HOWEVER I’m not loving this look. It’s a beautiful gown but everything else is a let down. The shoes are just tragic and I feel like the bangs are enough of a switch up. She needed to put her hair up.

14. Martin

Her dress is breathtaking!! I absolutely love Marchesa!! Her hair has to go! Its looks so dry. She should have worn it up. Her shoes are beautiful if they were a different color, but does not go with the dress.

1. Alina

Yes,I feel the same.
      She’s worn this type of dress at least two times before + I really really don’t like the hair.

15. Shaina

My heart skipped a beat when I saw her in this gown. I agree that we’ve seen dresses in this silhouette many times before. But it gets better every time, so why not?

16. mochababe73

I like the hair, but it’s not right for the dress.
    The dress looks absolutely beautiful on her. Pretty woman in a beautiful dress.

17. nicky

this dress has been done way too many times. olivia needs to try something different despite looking gorgeous. her hair looks messy =S

18. Andreea

I reallt did not except to see this kind of dress on her,but i must say i love the way she looks in it ! Then again,the hair is just not appropriate for this dress.

19. Carolina

Love it. Love her. She is soo gorgeous. My favorite lady of the night. And her heels? They were to die for.

20. Lils

BDOTW!!! She is stunning and her hair is beautiful. This dress is so princess-like. I love the look from head to toe

21. Laura

Have any of you seen the shoes she wore with this dress? They are positivly the worst shoes she could have picked. Horrible – they ruin the look for me.