Tilda Swinton In Lanvin – 2011 Critics’ Choice Awards

Finally, Lanvin That Actually Looks Good On The Red Carpet Award
Only Tilda Swinton can fearlessly and effectively pull off Lanvin.

We’ve seen so many people try and fail, but Tilda totally rocked this Lanvin Fall 2010 black dress on the red carpet at the 2011 Critics’ Choice Awards.

Her futuristic long-sleeved Lanvin was styled with slicked-back hair and pair of black ankle-strap sandals completes the look.

The pop of colour came from her green eyes.

Credit: Style.com & INFPhoto

Natalie Portman In Gianfranco Ferré - 2011 Critics' Choice Awards

Natalie Portman In Gianfranco Ferré – 2011 Critics’ Choice Awards

Keri Hilson In Aurelio Costarella - 2011 Critics' Choice Awards

Keri Hilson In Aurelio Costarella – 2011 Critics’ Choice Awards

16 Responses to Tilda Swinton In Lanvin – 2011 Critics’ Choice Awards

1. Naomi January 15, 2011 at 19:33 #

She does have the greenest of eyes, doesn’t she?
    I do wish she’d have worn some statement jewelry like the runway model, to break all that fabric a bit.

2. Linda January 15, 2011 at 19:53 #

I do like it, but it makes her shoulders just a tad *too* wide, doesn’t it?

• Rahel January 15, 2011 at 20:36 #

Definitely too wide!

• msd January 16, 2011 at 03:19 #

Yes, I think it’s half a size too big. Comparing her fit to the runway model, it’s definitely baggier on her body. The shoulders are supposed to be wide but some of the sharper definition has been lost because of the sizing.

Having said that… I love Tilda because she’s always original. If anyone can pull off “avant garde linebacker”, it’s her.

3. mari January 15, 2011 at 20:09 #

She looks so fierce ! I love her attitude , and the dress and sandals looks good, more feminine than other times.
    I still miss the red hair.

4. LizLemooooon January 15, 2011 at 20:23 #

I love Tilda, I love that she plays with androgynous looks and keeps her look minimalist and yet still very bold. This is a great look, her legs are awesome. I’ve seen her in the deeply underrated film ‘Julia’ and she could look ‘regular’ if she wants to but I love that she embraces her height and her features.

5. Marvel January 15, 2011 at 21:53 #

I would have liked a belt to define her waist but this is Tilda Swinton we’re talking about not Kim Kardashian.

6. CreoleLady January 15, 2011 at 22:06 #

Terminatrix – a mix of the Terminator and a dominatrix. I’m scared and impressed at the same time, LOL. Shoes are incredible.

• Martin January 16, 2011 at 10:00 #

Ha! So spot on. She’s terrifyingly amazing in this dress isn’t she? Tilda is my avant garde red carpet queen and there is no one quite like her – no one else could possibly show up to an event in a dress like this and pull it off with such integrity and character and bravery and class and attitude. No-one, and I mean no-one (although a couple have come close), does justice to Lanvin like Tilda. I live for this woman’s red carpet appearances. LOVE.

7. Abi January 16, 2011 at 01:19 #

Absolutely LOVE this outfit on her, she looks great !

8. dee January 16, 2011 at 01:42 #

I don’t like this dress on her.

9. KateS January 16, 2011 at 02:28 #

I wish the sleeves were just a tiny bit more fitted from the elbow down, but she’s still all kinds of androgynous fabulous. I can’t believe how long her legs are!

10. doc January 16, 2011 at 05:10 #

Come on, she looks like a character from Star Trek. Just because you take risks with high end fashion names does not mean it looks good. Some of the things she wears work, most of the time they don’t. This is one that doesn’t translate well on her.

11. Ayesha January 17, 2011 at 09:26 #

fabulous!!
    ‘The pop of colour came from her green eyes’-LOVE THIS LINE!!!

12. D January 17, 2011 at 12:12 #

nice feet :p statement way of wearing anything…. I read it somewhere she has two lovers and both know about each other…….. and are happy that way

13. Patricia January 30, 2012 at 15:24 #