Tilda Swinton In Lanvin – 2011 Critics’ Choice Awards

Finally, Lanvin That Actually Looks Good On The Red Carpet Award
Only Tilda Swinton can fearlessly and effectively pull off Lanvin.

We’ve seen so many people try and fail, but Tilda totally rocked this Lanvin Fall 2010 black dress on the red carpet at the 2011 Critics’ Choice Awards.

Her futuristic long-sleeved Lanvin was styled with slicked-back hair and pair of black ankle-strap sandals completes the look.

The pop of colour came from her green eyes.

Credit: Style.com & INFPhoto

16 thoughts on “Tilda Swinton In Lanvin – 2011 Critics’ Choice Awards

1. Naomi

She does have the greenest of eyes, doesn’t she?
    I do wish she’d have worn some statement jewelry like the runway model, to break all that fabric a bit.

1. msd

Yes, I think it’s half a size too big. Comparing her fit to the runway model, it’s definitely baggier on her body. The shoulders are supposed to be wide but some of the sharper definition has been lost because of the sizing.

Having said that… I love Tilda because she’s always original. If anyone can pull off “avant garde linebacker”, it’s her.

2. mari

She looks so fierce ! I love her attitude , and the dress and sandals looks good, more feminine than other times.
    I still miss the red hair.

3. LizLemooooon

I love Tilda, I love that she plays with androgynous looks and keeps her look minimalist and yet still very bold. This is a great look, her legs are awesome. I’ve seen her in the deeply underrated film ‘Julia’ and she could look ‘regular’ if she wants to but I love that she embraces her height and her features.

4. Marvel

I would have liked a belt to define her waist but this is Tilda Swinton we’re talking about not Kim Kardashian.

5. CreoleLady

Terminatrix – a mix of the Terminator and a dominatrix. I’m scared and impressed at the same time, LOL. Shoes are incredible.

1. Martin

Ha! So spot on. She’s terrifyingly amazing in this dress isn’t she? Tilda is my avant garde red carpet queen and there is no one quite like her – no one else could possibly show up to an event in a dress like this and pull it off with such integrity and character and bravery and class and attitude. No-one, and I mean no-one (although a couple have come close), does justice to Lanvin like Tilda. I live for this woman’s red carpet appearances. LOVE.

6. KateS

I wish the sleeves were just a tiny bit more fitted from the elbow down, but she’s still all kinds of androgynous fabulous. I can’t believe how long her legs are!

7. doc

Come on, she looks like a character from Star Trek. Just because you take risks with high end fashion names does not mean it looks good. Some of the things she wears work, most of the time they don’t. This is one that doesn’t translate well on her.

8. D

nice feet :p statement way of wearing anything…. I read it somewhere she has two lovers and both know about each other…….. and are happy that way