Natalie Portman In Michael Kors – 2011 AFI Awards

Natalie Portman continued to wear loose-fitting clothes at the 2011 AFI Awards which were held at the Four Seasons in Beverly Hills yesterday.

On this occasion she wore a Michael Kors Pre-Fall 2011 dress.

The cobalt satin pleated crewneck shift dress has been shortened from the original dress which I think works wonderfully for Natalie.

Black accessories included bow front pumps and a satin clutch completed her look.

As Natalie’s bump becomes more prominent, it will be interesting to see how her style will change.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Mila Kunis In Victoria Beckham - 2011 AFI Awards

Mila Kunis In Victoria Beckham – 2011 AFI Awards

Jennifer Lawrence In Prabal Gurung - 2011 AFI Awards

Jennifer Lawrence In Prabal Gurung – 2011 AFI Awards

13 Responses to Natalie Portman In Michael Kors – 2011 AFI Awards

1. Alina January 15, 2011 at 11:54 #

Love the colour of the dress,the lack of make-up and the way she styled her hair.

2. Marvel January 15, 2011 at 11:56 #

The dress is cute but the accessories are not. I hope she blows me away on Sunday

3. Martin January 15, 2011 at 12:47 #

As much as it kills me to say this, I have been unimpressed by Natalie’s recent showings on the red carpet and this dress does little to give me hope about the prospects for a dynamite awards season for Portman. This is boring and bland and forgettable – a blue shift dress and black pumps do not cut it when it comes to an awards show in a season in which you are the favourite to pick up the Best Actress Oscar. I love Natalie, but her choices very recently look quite uninspired and lacking in character and personality. When I think back to her wearing the magenta Lanvin gown at the Governor’s Awards last November, I sigh and hope she can regain a little of that magic over the next two months leading up to the Oscars.

• Linda January 15, 2011 at 16:03 #

Ditto – my thoughts of late exactly.

• Michelle January 15, 2011 at 18:43 #

I agree.

And — those shoes are horribly dowdy.

4. msd January 15, 2011 at 13:34 #

I’m going to give her a pass because I think it’s hard to dress during that in-between stage when you’re pregnant but not actually showing much.

I sometimes think satin should be banned from big events. It *always” creases.

• Jones19 January 15, 2011 at 13:54 #

Me too, I usually love Nat on the red carpet but her choices lately have been unflattering and boring. I’m willing to give her a pass because she’s in that awkward stage of her pregnancy.

5. nichelle January 15, 2011 at 15:09 #

yawn…a nice quirky statement necklace and shoes would have given this dress more character.

6. Shaina January 15, 2011 at 17:11 #

She looks amazing, but does the dress look wrinkled to anyone else?

7. Naomi January 15, 2011 at 17:50 #

Yawn-o-rama

8. Mary January 15, 2011 at 18:05 #

I always gets this feeling from Natalie that she picks her own outfits. I know she is probably has a stylist, but she backs up all of his/her choices so well.

9. Ethne Blist January 15, 2011 at 18:19 #

Meh. She looks bland and boring. This is nothing. She looks bad here. Shame shame shame.

10. Chloe September 26, 2011 at 05:15 #

The creases make this dress look cheap, and there is nothing about this outfit that stands out… disappointing…