Jennifer Lawrence In L’Wren Scott – 2011 Critics’ Choice Awards

Best Newcomer Award
Jennifer Lawrence continues to shine on the red carpet.

Last night at the 2011 Critics’ Choice Awards she wore L’Wren Scott peach and gold ombre sequin dress from the Spring 2011 collection.

Her body-conscious sequin dress was accessorized with a gold box clutch and nude Jimmy Choo ‘Lance’ strappy heels.

Many of you weren’t happy with her hairstyle for her previous look, but on this occasion she opted for a sexy updo.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Reese Witherspoon's Saint Laurent 'Classic Duffel 6' Bag And Valentino 'Rockstud' Ballet Flats

Reese Witherspoon’s Saint Laurent ‘Classic Duffel 6′ Bag And Valentino ‘Rockstud’ Ballet Flats

Natalie Portman In Gianfranco Ferré - 2011 Critics' Choice Awards

Natalie Portman In Gianfranco Ferré – 2011 Critics’ Choice Awards

22 Responses to Jennifer Lawrence In L’Wren Scott – 2011 Critics’ Choice Awards

1. Laura January 15, 2011 at 18:12 #

I like the look, but the length is bothering me again. It either needed to be knee length or a gown. I like the ombre though.

2. Ethne Blist January 15, 2011 at 18:12 #

Jennifer really likes lady-like, simple looks and matronly heels, so her wearing a tight (sparkly!) dress showing off the twins is a new step for her. Love this look, but I wish she had shortened it. I was kind of hoping Kira Sedwick would wear this and work the hell out of it, but it looks sizzling on Jennifer.

3. Lee Ann January 15, 2011 at 18:15 #

I am supposed to be getting ready to go out but your posts are too tempting. I love this dress ,she has the figure but I can’t help think it is too old for her . But at least it isn’t a short waisted shiny mini dress. Don’t work too hard.

4. TT January 15, 2011 at 18:23 #

I love the look, just think the dress is too long for her height.

5. Rebecca January 15, 2011 at 18:23 #

Stunning. she has a lot of confidence for a newcomer. BDOTW in my opinion.

• Linda January 15, 2011 at 19:57 #

Yes, she does. And boy, does the colouring ever make her skin glow.

• Tahj January 16, 2011 at 00:11 #

Yeah she seemed so confident onstage too.

6. Emmeline January 15, 2011 at 18:25 #

She looks gorgeous and really stepped it up with her hair and makeup. But in some ways it feels like she keeps wearing a variation of the same dress – extremely fitted to the body, hem falling below the knee. It will be exciting to see what she wears tomorrow as I’m not sure I’ve ever seen in a gown.

7. Liz January 15, 2011 at 18:36 #

It’s a weird length, but it works. She looked really beautiful presenting with Jon Hamm.

8. GirlOne January 15, 2011 at 18:42 #

I really like L’Wren Scott’s designs but they never quite cut it for me on the red carpet. I feel they need to be modified more since the models that present the looks on the catwalk are much taller and skinnier than your average celebrity.
    L’Wren, I think, really designs clothes that flatter people like herself: very tall and slim. So for women with different body types they should at least be shortened.

• KateS January 16, 2011 at 02:31 #

I agree that L’Wren Scott designs generally only work for the very long and thin (Nicole Kidman), but I’m glad she didn’t modify this one to cut off the pretty ombre detail.

9. Ariel January 15, 2011 at 18:47 #

Jennifer Lawrence is becoming a favorite of mine on the red carpet. She looks stunning here. Love how the dress sparkles.

10. Hannah January 15, 2011 at 19:22 #

I am really beggingint o lov eher. She is always so elegant, and as I said I am happy she always wears longer things, which is so refreshing, given her age. She also NEVER, (I think) wears black pumps, and her makeup is so gorgeous! I am so excited for her to start wearing gowns!

11. asherlev1 January 15, 2011 at 20:35 #

I agree, the length is a bit off, but I don’t really care, lol. I adore Jennifer Lawrence. She looks fantastic.

I’m dying to see what she wears to the Globes.I hope she can knock it out of the park. *bites nails*

• Emma January 15, 2011 at 22:57 #

I hope she knocks it out of the park too,after all her stylist is cate blancett’ stylist ;),hopefully she’s just warming up for the bigger events.

12. Marvel January 15, 2011 at 21:57 #

OMG!
    She looks beyond amazing and I am just taken aback as to how a new kid is getting some major threads and how friggen outstanding she is.
    I think I have a new girl crush

13. Michelle January 15, 2011 at 22:42 #

I don’t even know who this girl is …. should I ? …. but this gown is sooooo pretty. I’ve seen a few photos it today and it’s just lovely. The colours and beading are are so soft and feminine. I agree with those that said it’s an awkward length, but because it’s soooo pretty, I’m willing to forgive.

Off to google the name Jennifer Lawrence now …

14. Tahj January 16, 2011 at 00:11 #

I liked it until I saw it was two tone. Two tone makes it tacky. It should have been straight pink. And the dress is much too tight. Trying too hard to create curves, I see.

15. Abi January 16, 2011 at 01:20 #

Her top half looks kinda weird..
    i don’t know, i just don’t love it.

16. dee January 16, 2011 at 01:45 #

She looks gorgeous and sexy.

17. Jones19 January 16, 2011 at 11:50 #

I still have no clue who this woman is but I adore this dress on her. She’s owning it.

18. Emma January 16, 2011 at 22:35 #

she’s wearing louis vuitton,but it’s black,hopefully its not just boring black.if your wondering where i got this from,its from e,her stylist called and etc.