15.01.11

Emma Stone In Balenciaga – 2011 Critics’ Choice Awards

Most Unrecognizable Award
It was a case of who’s that girl? when I came across Emma Stone at the 2011 Critics’ Choice Awards which took place in LA last night.

I had forgotten that she recently dyed her hair blonde for her ‘Spider man’ movie. It was strange at first, but she’s totally owning the look now.

She’s like a new person. I’ve never seen her look so graceful.

The actress blew me away on the red carpet wearing a shimmering Balenciaga silver dress with a gold halter chain around her neck.

A Bvlgari ring and Neil Lane earrings completed her stunning look.

Credit: Getty

Julia Ormond In Tadashi Shoji - 2011 Critics' Choice Awards

Julia Ormond In Tadashi Shoji – 2011 Critics’ Choice Awards

Khloe Kardashian In Blumarine - 2011 Critics' Choice Awards

Khloe Kardashian In Blumarine – 2011 Critics’ Choice Awards

39 Responses to Emma Stone In Balenciaga – 2011 Critics’ Choice Awards

1. alex January 15, 2011 at 12:23 #

she looks absolutely stunning!!!

BDOTW worthy for certain.

hope she does go back to her red hair after spiderman though because she rocks it.

2. Alina January 15, 2011 at 12:26 #

I love this. She carries the dress so gracefully. One of the best of the night.

3. Elaine January 15, 2011 at 12:37 #

Wow I am totally loving this look, she looks so confident In this dress too

4. Martin January 15, 2011 at 12:57 #

WOW. I wasn’t really a fan of Emma’s reinvention as a tanned blonde because I thought she looked spectacular with red hair and pale skin (Tilda Swinton and Julianne Moore being two of my favourite red carpet stars) and the blonde seemed a little too LA-common for my liking.

Although I still hold those reservations, I can’t fault her look here. The dress caresses her body beautifully and looks like liquid silver. This lacks the usual edge that Balenciaga usually brings to the red carpet but that is more than made up for by how well Emma wears it and how elegantly she is holding herself. Such a pleasant surprise and it gives me great hope for what she’ll pull out on Sunday for the Golden Globes.

• AnanKay January 21, 2011 at 13:05 #

That’s my problem exactly – by going blonde, she’s lost her uniqueness… she looks like just another LA wannabe! I cannot get over that enough to like her look. :(

5. Cezara January 15, 2011 at 13:07 #

Am I the only one who thinks she looks EXACTLY like Khaterine Heigl in this picture?

• Ethne Blist January 15, 2011 at 15:55 #

I was thinking the same thing! Silver doesn’t looks good with blonde hair. NOT digging this look. I think she doesn’t look good. Wear did my dear Emma go?

6. Hermione Weasley January 15, 2011 at 13:08 #

I like the dress, but that fake tan is really putting me off.

• msd January 15, 2011 at 13:29 #

I think the fake tan is why I was convinced at first that this was someone else. I hope when she returns to red hair she goes back to her natural skin shade. It’s not that she doesn’t look pretty here, she does, it’s more that blonde hair and fake tans seem generic Hollywood. I liked the fact that Emma wasn’t so generic.

• Hermione Weasley January 15, 2011 at 13:36 #

I agree. I didn’t even recognise her, because she doesn’t look that tanned on the set of Spiderman :/

7. june January 15, 2011 at 13:15 #

i prefer the colour of her skin as it used to be — it was so lovely with the red hair, but she does look great here, even if she looks nothing like herself

8. nicky January 15, 2011 at 13:30 #

i really dislike her tan which makes it hard for me to like her dress. her blonde hair also looks dirty =S

9. Jones19 January 15, 2011 at 13:50 #

WOW awesome dress! I also hope she goes back to red once Spiderman wraps, I’m not worried…I think she will. The tan is probably because the blonde hair washes her out a bit.

10. Arabian Fashionista January 15, 2011 at 13:53 #

I did a double take when I saw her !! I couldn’t believe it was Emma she looks absolutely STUNNING !! She’s really rocking the blonde hair !! BDOTW contender for sure

11. Ana January 15, 2011 at 14:01 #

For me she was the best dressed and yes she looks a totally diferent person. I love this look!

12. asherlev1 January 15, 2011 at 14:08 #

Yeah, I can’t stand the tan either. Which is a shame, cos I was really getting into the blonde hair after seeing on-set pictures of her from Spiderman 4.

13. LizLemooooon January 15, 2011 at 14:47 #

She looks great, the dress is great and I know she’s a natual blonde and this is for a film but I can’t get on board with this tan, skinny, cliche Hollywood look I am not feeling this.

14. nichelle January 15, 2011 at 15:12 #

she looks great…are we on spiderman 4 (really?). i really like the links on the neckline of the dress. her tan doesnt bother me perfect head to toe

15. anne January 15, 2011 at 15:30 #

Wow! She looks very glam and confident! My favourite so far next to Mila Kunis.

16. Ariel January 15, 2011 at 15:45 #

I would’ve thought this was Katherine Heigl. Emma looks stunning. The gown looks good on her.

17. Gamine January 15, 2011 at 16:23 #

Don’t know Emma Stone so don’t know what she looked like before, but wow, she looks stunning here!

18. Emi January 15, 2011 at 17:18 #

She looks incredibly chic, I don’t like her usually, she’s a bit tacky but here she seems to be another person.

19. Shaina January 15, 2011 at 17:29 #

She looks beautiful! The blond hair really works with this dress and the gown is just made for her. BDOTW worthy for sure!

20. Naomi January 15, 2011 at 17:47 #

Took me FOREVER to recognize her.
    She looks amazing in this dress, but I do not like the tan at all – It added 5 years to her age.
    The blond hair took away all her uniqueness and now she seems like any other generic Hollywood blond.
    Bummer.

21. Matt R January 15, 2011 at 17:48 #

I agree with a lot of others. When I first saw this pic, I was like who is that, and then I saw it was Emma and did a double-take. Last time her blonde hair made a red-carpet appearance, it didn’t go so well but she looks absolutely stunning here. My best of the night.

22. Laura January 15, 2011 at 17:59 #

Gorgeous. Angelina, this is how you do a blousson gown. Fabulous. The only thing I don’t like is the fake tan.

23. Luiza January 15, 2011 at 18:16 #

If I had been invited to this, I would have loved to look exactly like her!

24. Lee Ann January 15, 2011 at 18:32 #

I want this dress

25. Liz January 15, 2011 at 18:43 #

She looks great. I love the whole look.

I hope she goes back to red though, because the blond hair makes her look like every other blond actress in Hollywood. At first, I thought she was Katherine Heigl. Then she looked like Kate Hudson.

26. Sasha January 15, 2011 at 19:41 #

She looks like a mix of blonde Lindsay Logan and Kate Bosworth now

I like it

27. Hannah January 15, 2011 at 20:13 #

I actualyl like the blonde tanned emma, I still miss her red hair, but I can barely even compare them because they are so different as looks. She looks like KAtherine heigl here, or even Kate Bosworth circa that film about a wave or something, which I have clearly not seen.

28. slashdot January 15, 2011 at 20:48 #

I thought she was absolutely unrecognizable. It’s good to change your style, to bring something new and fresh to your look, but I’s really off putting to not be able to facially recognize an otherwise quite strikingly beautiful actress. I personally find the whole blond-tanned-shiny-halter dress look awful.
    Bring back the red hair!

29. Marvel January 15, 2011 at 22:12 #

AMAZING. Love her hair like this, surprisingly.

30. Tahj January 16, 2011 at 00:34 #

It’s the fact that the fabric is SHIMMERING that makes it amazing to me. Great material for that dress.

31. mandy January 16, 2011 at 04:33 #

I thought she was Lindsay Lohan for a moment. Didn’t Lindsay wore something similar in the past?

32. Caitlin January 16, 2011 at 10:54 #

She is totally evoking old school Nicole Kidman.

33. D January 17, 2011 at 12:21 #

love this dress!!

34. Jinni January 17, 2011 at 15:00 #

Lovely…

35. Eva March 4, 2011 at 06:23 #

woah! Totally unrecognizable -but she looks amazing!!
    Your site is THE best! Love it!