Annette Bening In Georges Hobeika – 2011 Critics’ Choice Awards

Most Improved Award
Following her previous red carpet appearance, this is a much improved look for Annette Bening.

She glowed on the red carpet wearing a Georges Hobeika Spring 2011 gown.

Her pastel yellow gown with sequin embroidered details is so refreshing. It’s good to see her in a colour other than black.

A Judith Leiber clutch and Chopard jewels complete her look.

Credit: Fashion Windows & Getty

Hailee Steinfeld In Marchesa - 2011 Critics' Choice Awards

Hailee Steinfeld In Marchesa – 2011 Critics’ Choice Awards

Michelle Williams In Balenciaga - 2011 Critics' Choice Awards

Michelle Williams In Balenciaga – 2011 Critics’ Choice Awards

24 Responses to Annette Bening In Georges Hobeika – 2011 Critics’ Choice Awards

1. nichelle January 15, 2011 at 17:18 #

she looks pretty

2. Terry January 15, 2011 at 17:28 #

Beautiful dress. She looked radiant. But…was she wearing glasses? Peculiar choice on a red carpet…

3. asherlev1 January 15, 2011 at 17:29 #

I sw this and freaked out. She looked so gorgeous.

4. Lils January 15, 2011 at 17:30 #

Amazing!!! I want that dress. She looks great but she could have gotten rid of those glasses!

• Ethne Blist January 15, 2011 at 18:14 #

She looks stunning but the glasses are as awful as Diane Keaton!

• Tahj January 16, 2011 at 00:16 #

Hey enough with hating on the glasses. And Diane Keaton’s glasses are fabulous. They are perfect for her. Some people have to wear them like James Spader. Hell, Diane Lane even wears glasses on the red carpet sometimes.

5. Laura January 15, 2011 at 17:40 #

I agree on the “Most Improved” award, but I don’t love this look. It’s a little prom dress to me with the sparkles on the neckline, but I still like the color and silhouette. Like but not love.

• Tahj January 16, 2011 at 00:14 #

Prom dress? When I think prom dress I think poofy. This is simple and elegant. The sequi straps make the dress seem Black Swan-like. Hmmm..could the movie be sparking fashion trends?

6. Naomi January 15, 2011 at 17:55 #

What a great look, I love that embroidment.
    I also like that she’s wearing glasses, they can also be a great accessory, you know.

7. Holly Snyder January 15, 2011 at 18:05 #

I actually quite like that she wore glasses… as a bespectacled woman myself, I find it incredibly frustrating that so many designer labels offer glasses frames for sale, yet you so rarely see anyone photographed out and about wearing them. So many people require some form of vision correction, including many of the celebrities photographed every day, and no one is humble enough to sport specs once in awhile? *getting off soapbox* That said, I think Annette looks quite lovely. Huge improvement over her previous efforts.

• msd January 15, 2011 at 23:36 #

Agree. It’s refreshing to see her wearing glasses and I think these ones really suit her. No-one seems to have a problem with men wearing glasses on the red carpet but for some reason women are expected to pretend they don’t wear them.

She looks really lovely here.

• Tahj January 16, 2011 at 00:17 #

agreed. Sick of the bias against glasses on the red carpet. Glasses can make an attractive woman look sexy and smart. What’s wrong with them when they are the right pair? I say bring on more.

• Jones19 January 16, 2011 at 12:07 #

Hooray for glasses! Love this dress on her and the glasses suit her very well.

8. mol January 15, 2011 at 19:09 #

I don’t mind the glasses, but wish her hair was somehow different – color and style. Nevertheless, I think she looks very lovely and quietly sophisticated here.

9. mari January 15, 2011 at 20:20 #

her dress looks fantastic, she’s always had a great figure.
    And yes, one never knows what condition people have that makes them need glasses, sometimes contact lenses or a surgery is not an option.

10. Marvel January 15, 2011 at 22:01 #

Very Marchesa like. The dress is nice and she looks nothing short of fabolous

11. dee January 16, 2011 at 00:13 #

She looks great. This is the best I’ve seen her look. So refreshing.

12. Tahj January 16, 2011 at 00:13 #

BDOTW and of the night! Beautiful dress. Love the sequins combined with the white. This dress is the kind I would expect someone to wear at the Golden Globes though. Her Globes gown will have to be fab to top this one. She’s pulling a Helen Mirren, being an older woman who dresses better than the young starlets.

13. Abi January 16, 2011 at 01:23 #

LOVE HER! but her hair looks kinda strange and is distracting me from the whole look.

14. pipsqueak January 16, 2011 at 03:17 #

Stunning! Indeed most improved. I don’t mind the glasses. Counterintuitive to the red carpet dress code, but so what?! Not a disaster. I like this quirky little individualistic touch to the whole look.

15. Alina January 16, 2011 at 10:31 #

I love the dress.

16. D January 17, 2011 at 12:14 #

stunning!!! but please lose those glasses :p xx

17. Jinni January 17, 2011 at 15:15 #

Refreshing & lovely..that smile says it all!

18. koki January 18, 2011 at 08:15 #