Blake Lively In Prabal Gurung – “The Town” Luncheon

Earlier today Blake Lively attended a private luncheon for the cast of “The Town” in New York City.

Despite the gorgeous Ben Affleck and Jon Hamm in attendance, I only had eyes for Blake.

To those who think Blake can’t do event appropriate, this should be a refreshing surprise.

The ‘Gossip Girl’ actress wore a Prabal Gurung Spring 2011 dress with a crushed satin taupe Matthew Willamson Spring 2011 blazer.

Her sand jersey dress with a sand skinny buckle belt was shortened from the runway to show off her enviable legs.

I think the look has been modified perfectly to suit her style.

It’s not often that Blake wears anything below the knee unless it’s a gown, so no one should be surprised at the modifications.

Christian Louboutin ‘Bibi’ ostrich leather platform pumps and diamond drop earrings completed her look.

Credit: Style.com & Dave Allocca/Startraks

Lake Bell In Basil Soda – “No Strings Attached” LA Premiere

Lake Bell In Basil Soda – “No Strings Attached” LA Premiere

Leighton Meester In Carven - Live With Regis & Kelly

Leighton Meester In Carven – Live With Regis & Kelly

38 Responses to Blake Lively In Prabal Gurung – “The Town” Luncheon

1. Pablo January 12, 2011 at 21:32 #

I’m so happy for Prabal. This is aweome exposure. Blake looks fantastic as always! :)

2. mm January 12, 2011 at 21:35 #

Not loving the modification. The dress makes more of statement as present on the runway

• Linda January 12, 2011 at 22:47 #

I agree, but she still looks great.

• NLFashion January 13, 2011 at 03:27 #

The look is good but does the dress injustice. The unmodified dress is way too sofisticated to be covered up and modified. Someone else has to wear this dress and do justice to it.

3. adrien January 12, 2011 at 21:43 #

Now That’s a BDOTW!!

• Methedrine January 12, 2011 at 22:36 #

for sure!

4. Lou January 12, 2011 at 21:44 #

The blazer ruins it for me as it covers up the beautiful dress. As does the overly matchy make-up and hair. But I might take back the statement about her hair if it looks better from another angle.

5. sonia January 12, 2011 at 22:06 #

I guess it’s time fot blake to find an stylist,she is loosing impact and freshness

• Gigi January 12, 2011 at 22:50 #

Sonia, I agree totally. I think our beloved FC is blinded by her love for Blake.. and cannot see what we do.. the hair is a wreck, and just don’t care for the jacket with that dress. Stylist time.

• Sisi January 12, 2011 at 23:38 #

ITA.
        I think she uses stylists, but not a 24 hours one.
        She is a gorgeous and stylish girl but also overrated.

6. mol January 12, 2011 at 22:14 #

I do love the dress in it’s runway presentation, but I also really like Blake’s outfit as a whole – it looks very polished and well put together for me so I can’t really fault her.

7. Carolina January 12, 2011 at 22:26 #

I prefer the runway version. But she looks gorgeous anyway.

8. Mackentiff January 12, 2011 at 22:29 #

I love this look, like you said it is event appropriate but still gorgeous, Blake is hit and miss with me but this is definitely a hit.

9. Sharon January 12, 2011 at 22:41 #

I agree that she looks good, but why would you pick such an interesting dress if you’re going to cover the top with a blazer and cut off the bottom design? Seems to me she could have achieved the same effect without ruining this dress.

• b January 13, 2011 at 02:25 #

I agree. She could have chosen just a simple nude mini dress.

The original is so beautiful. Why cut the interesting part off?

She does look great though.

• mari January 13, 2011 at 04:58 #

I so agree with you!
      the blazer is pretty, and maybe, just maybe she took it off, but not for the photographers, but the dress’ skirt is so pretty that it is a shame that she cut it. The dress may not have shown the skin of her legs, but for sure it would have delineated them in those delicate fabrics…
      I see Blake’s photo and the bottom of the dress is blah, it even looks weird, just like the dress was not created to be cut like that. I feel sad for the dress :P

• Jones19 January 13, 2011 at 13:41 #

Agreed. She ruined the interesting part of the dress by cutting off the skirt. Love the blazer though.

10. Dorian Gray January 12, 2011 at 22:49 #

Double Blake in one day. Double WOW!

11. Hannah January 12, 2011 at 22:58 #

I do not lov ethe look, it jsut isn’t my style and isn’t anything wow, IMO, but she does look nice. I understand what you are sayign about the below the knee thing, bu tI love it when her dresses are longer, I do not know if it is the dresses themselves or the dresses on blake, but one of my fondest blake memories was that fuschia michael kors. I think I am just beggining to find her a little predictable now, that’s all.

12. Marvel January 12, 2011 at 23:20 #

The modification is fine I just wish she would get rid of the jacket. Looking stunning as always

13. Leti January 12, 2011 at 23:27 #

I think the modifications are entirely event appropriate and that Blake looks great. I really like the pairing of the blazer and the shoes (again, for this event).

14. misschatty January 13, 2011 at 00:05 #

I love it. She’s come a long way since last year Remember the gorgeous, but totally inappropriate D&G dress she wore to the Sherlock Holmes premiere? Yeah….

While there are questionable choices here and there, it is not all T&A with Blake nowadays. I like pieces like this and the Marchesa one.

Always stay lovely girl

15. KateS January 13, 2011 at 00:45 #

I think she ruined the dress with the modification – it really needed the extra colours banded around the bottom of the longer length, and it looks like it needs a press around the hem. I also think the blazer is a bit of an ugly garment.
    On the plus side, the soft metallic colours are nice on her and I do like her shoes.

16. mochababe73 January 13, 2011 at 01:34 #

I really, really, really dislike the modification. In true Blake style, I still think that it’s too short for a luncheon.
    The dress looks better on the model than on Blake. She took the dress from pretty and interesting to ho-hum. This probably the reason why she wore the shiny blazer.

17. Julianne January 13, 2011 at 03:22 #

I liked this one. She surprised me. And she’s decent too. Finally.

18. Anita January 13, 2011 at 07:05 #

She looks great as always – and I think the way she wore it was event appropriate. One of the BDOTW

19. hally January 13, 2011 at 07:26 #

i think this is a pretty good look from blake. i agree that the original intent of the dress is gone with the modifications and the blazer, but cest la vie! clothes are meant to be worn.

20. kimi January 13, 2011 at 07:34 #

I like the modifications for her, I don’t ever see Blake wearing that hem ever. I just wish she didn’t wear the blazer. The blazer kind of ruin the look.

• kimi January 13, 2011 at 07:35 #

The hem I’m referring to is the runway version.

• Sasha January 13, 2011 at 17:18 #

it’s because the stylist of Gossip Girl styled it, she went straight from the set

I like it more than her own style to be honest, it’s refreshing

21. Emi January 13, 2011 at 08:38 #

First of all, her hair is a mess and the modifications are absurd because it’s a completely different dress and it lost its beauty. Since she always wants to show her legs she could choose another dress instead of ruining this. Also, the dress is too short if worn with a jacket. I don’t believe she doesn’t have a stylist, I think she does, maybe not full-time.

22. annie January 13, 2011 at 14:36 #

she wore this exact look with a green burberry pre fall 2011 trench coat, earlier in the day for gossip girl.
    i guess t looks good because eric styled it!!!!!

• carine January 13, 2011 at 23:57 #

perfect comment is perfect!

23. Sasha January 13, 2011 at 17:17 #

She took this look straight from the Gossip Girl set, you can see her as ‘Serena’ wearing it underneath the Burberry Trench. She also wore the trench to the luncheon over this.

• LizLemooooon January 13, 2011 at 17:38 #

Hahaha really? I was actually impressed for a minute there.
      She has no originality.

24. LizLemooooon January 13, 2011 at 17:37 #

This is the best I’ve seen her look. I don’t even mind the modifications I think it’s more appropriate for her age and it would be a shame to hide those legs hahaha! Her hair and make up are nice, this is a good look for her. On anyone else I’d say they need jewel tone shoes and to lose the blazer.

• carine January 13, 2011 at 23:59 #

styled by eric daman for gossip girl!