Who Wore Issa Better? Ashanti or Katy Perry

Ashanti attended the 2010 Princess Grace Awards Gala in New York City back in November looking sassy wearing an Issa Fall 2010 one shoulder dress with a selection of rings and dark nail polish.

I really like the dress on her, but I’m not crazy about her blonde highlights.

Katy Perry wore the same embellished print dress to the 2nd Annual “Change Begins Within” benefit which was also held in New York City.

The singer swept her hair to one side and only added a silver bracelet to her look.

Ashanti wins for me as I loved the copper and silver print against her skin-tone.

Unfortunately I’ve never liked this dress on Katy and it still hasn’t grown on me.

Credit: Style.com, Fame Pictures & Getty

Brittany Snow In French Connection & Sophia Bush In Oliver Tolentino - Audi And J. Mendel Celebrate The 2011 Golden Globe Awards

Brittany Snow In French Connection & Sophia Bush In Oliver Tolentino – Audi And J. Mendel Celebrate The 2011 Golden Globe Awards

Annette Bening In Stella McCartney - 2011 New York Film Critics Circle Awards

Annette Bening In Stella McCartney – 2011 New York Film Critics Circle Awards

8 Responses to Who Wore Issa Better? Ashanti or Katy Perry

1. Leo January 11, 2011 at 11:53 #

Both look tragic on this dress.

2. Lils January 11, 2011 at 14:21 #

Even if I don’t like th dress, I have to give it to Katy

3. ~**juDee**~ January 11, 2011 at 14:57 #

This is a hard one because I don’t like this dress….at all. Plus neither hair-dos do it for me. Yeaaa, I think I’m gonna sit this one out lol

4. Taylor January 11, 2011 at 15:31 #

Wanted to say Kerry but the fit is better on Ashanti. So despite the tragic hair, she gets the vote.

5. Laura January 11, 2011 at 16:29 #

Who wore it worse? That’s the question we should be asking because I don’t like it on either of them. Ashanti’s dress is better, Katy’s hair is better. I’ll give it to Ashanti, if I have to, I guess.

6. Linda January 11, 2011 at 16:42 #

Looks a lot better on Ashanti. Looks heavy and constricting on Katie. Looks best on the model. Seems to lose its movement off the runway.

7. Clancy from dallas January 11, 2011 at 18:03 #

If you’re wearing a one shoulder dress I just really feel like your hair needs to be up with some amazing earrings… Kudos to ashanti for at least rockin a poof

8. greenblue January 11, 2011 at 21:14 #

I agree – I never liked this dress on Katie. She looks very unsupported by it if you know what I mean. Having said that, I don’t really like it on Ashanti either.

I agree 100% with Clancy from dallas, both women should have pulled their hair up.