11.01.11

Annette Bening In Stella McCartney – 2011 New York Film Critics Circle Awards

Annette Bening and Warren Beatty arrived at the 2011 New York Film Critics Circle Awards together last night.

The legendary actress doesn’t usually make bold choices on the red carpet, but she did last night wearing a Stella McCartney jumpsuit.

She teamed her jumpsuit which has a floral embroidery bodice and oversized pants with a cropped faux fur jacket and H.Stern aqua and diamond earrings.

Whilst I like the idea of this look the pants are overwhelming her.

I love that she stepped out of her comfort-zone of ‘Hillary Clinton-esqe’ pant suits and black dresses, but the pants don’t work for me.

What do you think?

Credit: Getty

Glee Girls @ The 2011 SAG Awards

Glee Girls @ The 2011 SAG Awards

Cameron Diaz In Azzaro - "The Green Hornet" LA Premiere

Cameron Diaz In Azzaro – “The Green Hornet” LA Premiere

24 Responses to Annette Bening In Stella McCartney – 2011 New York Film Critics Circle Awards

1. Tahj January 11, 2011 at 11:59 #

I wouldn’t call her legendary. I don’t know of anyone who would call Annette Bening a legend. More like she maried a legend.

And I prefer her in understated black dresses. She used to look so nice and classy in black armani gowns at the Oscars. This is just not fitting for her. Too much.

• LizLemooooon January 11, 2011 at 12:46 #

She is legendary or at least going towards that status.
      What has Warren Beaty done lately? Annette works consistently, is practically always nominated for prestigious awards for the work she does, is critically acclaimed and she looks great figure wise. She’s a classy, respected actress.

• Fashion Critic January 11, 2011 at 12:50 #

• dressaddict January 11, 2011 at 12:59 #

Yeap, Warren is a legend because he always brags about how many women he had… But Annette is quite an actress, not to mention that she had 3 Oscar nominations and many important awards won.
          And about this outfit I actually like it, it’s different and also bold, I think she’s in a playful mood :)

• Tahj January 12, 2011 at 02:10 #

actually dressaddict, Warren Beatty never brags about all the women he’s had. In fact he never talks about it. Everyone else does. lol. But he’s also legendary for Bonnie and Clyde which changed hollywood forever and also his iconic roles in the 70s and his films Reds which he acted, directed and produced in. No one would deny he is a legend, but Bening would not have even been considered hollywood royalty had she not married him. Being a good actress and getting a few award nominations doesnt’ make you a legend.

• Tahj January 12, 2011 at 02:07 #

Warren Beatty doesn’t have to do anything lately. He’s already on legendary status permanently because of his work in the 60s and 70s. Working consistently doesn’t make you legend (tell that to Audrey Hepburn and Greta Garbo). And I fail to see what is legendary about Annette Bening other than getting a few award nominations and marrying a legend. No one refers to her as a legend really.

• Fashion Critic January 12, 2011 at 08:43 #

Sorry but you keep going on about one word in this whole post that has nothing to do with fashion. Can we keep it about fashion please.

• pipsqueak January 12, 2011 at 03:43 #

Ditto! I love Benning and she’s so incredibly talented. She is legendary. In fact, I’d count taming the famous Hollywood playboy – her husband – as one of her greatest achievements. Besides that, she’s managed to have an admirable career and be a mother of four. Anyway … about the outfit, I don’t like it. She looked like drowning in those pants. I hope she wears more dresses/skirts on the red carpet, as her legs are among the best in the business.

2. Jones19 January 11, 2011 at 12:50 #

Good lord those pants…there are no words.

3. Carol January 11, 2011 at 12:59 #

The pants are swallowing her but the bodice is nice. Not really a good look for her.

4. Lisa January 11, 2011 at 13:00 #

I like it. Although she normally dresses quite conservatively, she has quite a quirky personality and I think this reflects that.

5. Joy January 11, 2011 at 13:31 #

Comparing her style to Hillary Clinton pantsuits is a little harsh. I love and respect them both but Hillary is not so fashionable. Annette’s outfit sort of personifies who she is. I’m definately not crazy about this lookt, but she basically can do what she wants. Yes, because she is married to a legend and because of the roles she has chosen and the way she carries herself. She doesn’t care what we think, and her confidence shows it. I wish she was around more!

• mol January 11, 2011 at 16:18 #

Me too, wish she was around more……have to admit though that I’m not crazy about this outfit at all.

6. Alicat January 11, 2011 at 13:32 #

Love the top half, especially the smile! The pants are strange and not very flattering. Regardless, I love her acting.

7. Lils January 11, 2011 at 14:20 #

I don’t like the pants but the top half of her look is cute and nice.

8. Taylor January 11, 2011 at 15:34 #

Nice to see a different look and she’s making it work.

9. asherlev1 January 11, 2011 at 16:21 #

I think it’s nice that she’s done something interesting. I wouldn’t say she quite pulled it off, but I’ll take this over a generic black dress any day.

10. Laura January 11, 2011 at 16:28 #

I love the top part of the look because it’s different and stylish. The pants are way too much though. A slimmer pant would’ve completed this look and made me love it.

11. Maria Claudia January 11, 2011 at 16:49 #

she might have changed but I don’t like her face in this picture.. could she smile less? And also make a good make up..
    I guess the t-shirt doesn’t look good with that white face and red lips..

12. Ethne Blist January 11, 2011 at 18:06 #

I think many older women find fashion difficult and don’t know how to go about it. Their bodies are changing and the normal dress doesn’t always work, so it is great that Annette was trying a different silhouette. The black shrug has got to go.

13. mochababe73 January 12, 2011 at 00:04 #

I don’t buy the whole age thing. Helen Mirren happens to be older and is flawless on the red carpet. Annette may need to enlist in a stylist that can help her find garments that will flatter her “changing” figure. My figure changed after having two children, and I did this myself.
    The entire outfit is a miss. I see where she was going, and it could have been amazing. However, it has about a yard too much of fabric.

14. Emi January 12, 2011 at 08:43 #

I agree with you, FC, about the pants. The look would be perfect if the pants were less big, I also don’t like when I can’t even see the points of the shoes. This pants would be beautiful but the this big size make them look like clown’s pants.

15. Arya January 12, 2011 at 11:27 #

well, i have always loved annette, she may not be around most of the time but perhaps thats how she has this enigma in her, i think she is halfway to becoming a legend on her own right, with both praises from hollywood and broadway, i remember she has a tony award way before she married warren not to mention, she sits in the board of Academy of MOtion picture arts and sciences …. she is a class of her own… perhaps we are not use to seeing her with quite bold choices in her wardrobe, like this one.. although she did pull it off…. but i think i would prefer the old annette wardrobe over this, but a good try nonetheless

16. Annatjie Steyn July 28, 2011 at 14:50 #

Love the embroidery on the bodice and the cropped faux fur jacket, takes the eye off the too wide jumpsuit!