Who Wore Winter Kate Better? Nicole Richie or Ellen Pompeo

Nicole Richie was decked out in a gold sequin Winter Kate ‘Nicole’ long sleeved dress with a cowl back to ring in 2010 at Tao in Las Vegas.

The star added black tights and YSL pumps to her self designed look to celebrate the New Year with Christina Aguilera and Eva Longoria in Sin City.

A year later in Las Vegas, Ellen Pompeo wore the same dress also with black tights and black pumps to attend the grand opening of the Marquee Nightclub In The Cosmopolitan.

It’s uncanny how they style the look in exactly the same way.

Nicole wins for me as I prefer her hairstyle.

Also the dress suits her better and doesn’t come off looking like a potato sack. The same can not be said for Ellen.

You can purchase Nicole and Ellen’s long sleeve gold sequin Winter Kate dress from Shopbop.com.

Credit: Getty

11 thoughts on “Who Wore Winter Kate Better? Nicole Richie or Ellen Pompeo

1. Jennifer L

It’s because Nicole has smaller boobs! Can’t have big boobs in a dress like that, unless you use a waist belt to give you shape, but there’s too many sequins for that..! Ellen still looks very cute though :-)

2. Laura

Wow, the same exact styling? Still kudos to Nicole because getting your dress on a star like Ellen is a big deal, even if she didn’t wear it right. For me, the hair is what wins it for Nicole. This dress is more suited for a dark brunette with her hair down.

3. ber

Funny how two people can wear the same dress, styled the same way, but still look completely different in it.

4. Brooke

Can I just say that I am proud of Nicole for wearing her own collection? It is a pity that so many ‘celebrities’ never wear their eponymous lines – it’s sort of a tacit admission that their designs are crap (here’s looking at you, Whitney Port).

5. lee

“The same can not be said for Ellen” -Lol! Not sure if you were being sarcastic or just straight up, but I laughed out loud. ;)

6. mochababe73

I voted for Nicole for the simple fact that I like her more. But, I find the dress to be completely shapeless and not flattering on either lady.