10.01.11

Predict A Gown With People.com

Awards Season kicked off last week with the 2011 People’s Choice Awards and I’m sure you are just as excited as I am about the 2011 Golden Globes on Sunday.

People.com has already put together their predictions for the big event and I’m really impressed with their picks.

I hope their picks for Michelle Williams, Anne Hathaway, Carrie Underwood and especially Lea Michelle come true.

Click here to see all their picks.

Credit: People.com

Constance Jablonski In Alberta Ferretti - ‘Birdman’ Venice Film Festival Premiere & Opening Ceremony

Constance Jablonski In Alberta Ferretti – ‘Birdman’ Venice Film Festival Premiere & Opening Ceremony

Up To 75% Off Twenty8Twelve by Sienna Miller @ theOutnet.com

Up To 75% Off Twenty8Twelve by Sienna Miller @ theOutnet.com

27 Responses to Predict A Gown With People.com

1. Jones19 January 10, 2011 at 17:38 #

Ooo cool I’ll go look now!

• Jones19 January 10, 2011 at 17:45 #

OMG the red Monique Lhuillier would be heavenly on Lea.

• Fashion Critic January 10, 2011 at 17:50 #

I love them both I can’t pick.

How do they do it in real life?

• Jones19 January 10, 2011 at 18:11 #

I bet they close their eyes and grab one :D

• Moxie January 10, 2011 at 18:05 #

That was my favorite! I hope someone wears it.

• Jones19 January 10, 2011 at 18:11 #

Mine too, I would give my left arm for that dress.

2. Hannah January 10, 2011 at 18:05 #

I LOVE the predict a gown, Th only one I ever remember actually happening was Anne Hathaway in the white paillette Armani at the oscars. I hope celebrities look at it, some of the options are gorgeous!

• Fashion Critic January 10, 2011 at 18:08 #

Style.com once got a Marion Cotillard Dior dress right, but that wasn’t really a hard one to get right.

3. Alice January 10, 2011 at 19:29 #

LOVE Carrie Underwoods dresses!

• mm January 10, 2011 at 19:40 #

Me too, the violet would be gorgeous.

• Mahima January 10, 2011 at 21:49 #

i love both those dresses. god if she wore one of them. *dies*

• Ella January 10, 2011 at 23:46 #

Totally agree with you–though I give the edge to the purple

• molly January 10, 2011 at 22:29 #

I know!
        I hope she doesnt wear anything like the Jenny Packham dress though. Its too young for someone whos almost 30. The purple with some kick ass diamonds would be awesome!

4. Lara January 10, 2011 at 19:49 #

Hope to see Angelina in Versace, Anne Hathaway not in a princess gown and Lea in something other than Oscar de la Renta – then i’ll be pleased

Bet no matter what designer she’ll wear Carrie Underwood will be prom queen of the event

• Fashion Critic January 10, 2011 at 20:07 #

And I would have Carrie any other way ;)

5. Mahima January 10, 2011 at 21:53 #

oh and one of the dresses they picked for angelina jolie was worn by rachel mcadams last night.

6. Amber January 10, 2011 at 22:06 #

Too many of these gowns have already been worn on the red carpet for them to be worn again at the Globes. Someone at People didn’t do their fashion homework!

7. joe January 10, 2011 at 22:13 #

i was a little disappointed by people.com…
    both of angelina’s choices have been worn (by helen mirren and rachel mcadams), altho to be fair rachel wore hers after the selections were made…
    some of the choices do not fit at all such as julianne moore (she clearly prefers clean lines and halters or deep-v’s for the oscars) and jennifer lopez who tends towards more demure or princess at the oscars rather than sexy or blingy…
    BUT i do agree with everyone that carrie in the purple and lea in the red would be AMAZING.
    also very excited to see natalie and victoria’s choices sporting baby bumps. I personally LOVE posh pregnant because as FC pointed out she tends to smile and glow more :)

8. Laura January 10, 2011 at 23:33 #

LOVE the Valentino for Michelle Williams. I also like the predictions for Carrie Underwood and the Armani for Claire Danes.

I doubt Angelina Jolie will wear either of those dresses because Helen Mirren wore the Elie Saab to Cannes and Rachel McAdams just wore the Michael Kors. This is what I’d put Angelina Jolie in.

I also would put Lea Michele in something different than what they said. Here are my picks for her.

9. Ella January 10, 2011 at 23:44 #

OMG–I could just picture Carrie in that purple ML dress! Isn’t it gorgeous?

And as soon as I saw the red, I knew it was Lea ;-)

10. mikeijames January 11, 2011 at 04:03 #

they should’ve given you a call first :) some of these dresses just wouldn’t work because they’ve already been worn on the red carpet.

something they would’ve known if they followed your blog :)

• Fashion Critic January 11, 2011 at 09:52 #

cute :D

11. Megan January 11, 2011 at 04:24 #

The green Oscar dress looks like it was made for Lea… I know she does a lot of Oscar but wow does she pull it off! Fingers crossed that we see the dress on the red carpet real soon!

12. Anita January 11, 2011 at 04:44 #

Anne Hathaway’s picks were so on point especially the Oscar. I think I’m more excited to see what Natalie will be wearing – her choices in 2010 were uneventful so I hope she goes all out or maybe shes saving it for the oscars.

13. Shaina January 11, 2011 at 15:43 #

The Carrie Underwood dresses are breathtaking! I will cry if she doesn’t wear one of them!

14. Jen January 12, 2011 at 01:35 #

ha! thanks to your site, I could spot some of the gowns as having already been worn on the red carpet! ;)

• Fashion Critic January 12, 2011 at 08:45 #

:D then I’m doing my job well