10.01.11

Carey Mulligan In Prada – 2011 Palm Springs Film Festival Awards

There was a time when Carey Mulligan wore Prada religiously, but she kicked her Prada habit to explore other designers towards the end of last year.

This weekend she returned to her favourite brand when she received the ‘Breakthrough Performance Award’ at the 2011 Palm Springs Film Festival Awards Gala.

Sporting platinum blonde hair she teamed her eggplant textured metallic Prada belted dress with black patent YSL heels, and a Cartier white gold and diamond ring.

Carey had often been quoted as saying that she loves Prada because the cut flatters her pear shaped figure.

This dress is the perfect example of that as the bodice is fitted with a belt to cinch in the waist and the loose skirt skims her hips.

I think this is the perfect look for Carey, but let’s hope she steps out of her comfort zone during Awards Season and gives us some jaw-dropping moments.

Credit: Getty

Who Wore Christian Dior Better...Sun Li or Pixie Lott?

Who Wore Christian Dior Better…Sun Li or Pixie Lott?

In Leighton Meester's Closet - Marc Jacobs Floral Appliqué Dress

In Leighton Meester’s Closet – Marc Jacobs Floral Appliqué Dress

24 Responses to Carey Mulligan In Prada – 2011 Palm Springs Film Festival Awards

1. Laura January 10, 2011 at 16:05 #

Love the color of the dress. It’s exactly right for Carey. I like her hair here. The only thing I’m not such a fan of is the shoe choice.

2. Ethne Blist January 10, 2011 at 16:05 #

I am bored by this look. The dress is nothing special but it does flatter her shape.

3. Dorian Gray January 10, 2011 at 16:19 #

I love her in Prada more than in other designs.
    Let’s hope she will attend Prada fashion show in Milan.

4. mol January 10, 2011 at 16:27 #

This is the first time i”ve liked the too platinum color, she looks very Carey cute!

5. lee January 10, 2011 at 16:34 #

you didn’t mention anything about the black heavy shoes, so i will: NO.

6. molly January 10, 2011 at 16:50 #

This just suits her so well. Yes, the dress shape complements her figure perfectly. Bad hair color doesn’t even bug me here. (Why won’t she and Michelle Williams go back to “regular” blonde??)

7. LL January 10, 2011 at 17:28 #

like the dress, it’s pretty. but i never understand her facial expression. is she terrified? is she upset? to me, she looks like she’s about to burst into tears. i can understand not wanting to put on a fake smile, but tears?

8. asherlev1 January 10, 2011 at 17:50 #

She looks really cute, but…her hair is growing out! I’m going to miss her short hiar.

9. samaira January 10, 2011 at 18:38 #

I really love the dress <3
    I m noticing a lot of eggplant color on these celebrities. Is Eggplant the color of the season?

• Lee Ann January 10, 2011 at 19:54 #

The dress is actually not eggplant although it does photograph that way- it’s kind of a soft gray black

10. Lee Ann January 10, 2011 at 18:45 #

I love the dress and tried it on Saturday on Sloane Street. The only 2 things I do not like are the belt and shoes. Prada has a very thin patent belt with a bow that works so much better . With all the great Prada shoes out there she chose those?

• Fashion Critic January 10, 2011 at 19:07 #

I can so picture you in this dress.

• Lee Ann January 10, 2011 at 19:14 #

Sadly no-this style is not for me-too long waisted. I look like Grayson Perry

• Lee Ann January 10, 2011 at 19:32 #

By the way Marion Coittard is pregnant

• Fashion Critic January 10, 2011 at 19:35 #

I just read that on twitter…. Have another baby boom

11. Emmeline January 10, 2011 at 20:06 #

I like this dress on her, the length is great. Her hair’s been looking really cute, too.

And even though she’s doing her normal “just about to cry” face in this picture, I saw a lot of her where she was actually really smiley. She always looks better when she smiles.

12. perfumeorpoison January 10, 2011 at 21:23 #

Don’t you all think the make-up looks weird? She looks like a raccoon.. other than that, I love the dress on her.

13. msd January 10, 2011 at 23:15 #

Congratulations to Marion. Maybe we should cut her some slack for some of her recent looks? It often takes people time to adjust to dressing their bodies when they’re pregnant. Once she settles into it I’m sure we’ll see some great looks again because she’s someone who is naturally stylish.

• Fashion Critic January 11, 2011 at 09:56 #

I still don’t think we should cut her some slack. Natalie has maintained her style

14. MinervaMedica January 11, 2011 at 00:07 #

I think the dress is absolutely lovely. The eggplant color and the print is wonderful. The black shoes are a bit boring–they could have been eggplant, nude, or some other color.

15. mochababe73 January 11, 2011 at 03:44 #

Although I’m not crazy about the color, I love the dress on Carey. This is the first time I think that I have ever liked something that she has worn. It doesn’t make her look like a little old woman.

16. vVidhya Venkat January 11, 2011 at 04:21 #

Im so tired of this dress style, length, expression, posture and hairstyle… snnooooozzze fest..

17. nicky January 11, 2011 at 09:49 #

love carey as she always exudes class and sophistication on the red carpet. her hair is adorable here…her whole ensemble definitely makes her look her age. lovee!

18. Alicat January 11, 2011 at 13:47 #

Everthing about this is boring and predicatable. I find her strangely irritating – the air of nonchalance is overdone.