Despite Kristen Stewart taking an early lead, Emmy Rossum was your eventual winner this week.

She caught you attention wearing a gorgeous J. Mendel Spring 2011 two tone orange ensemble which she wore for her appearance on the “Late Night with Jimmy Fallon” show.

I knew Queen Latifah would be my favourite the second I saw her in her breath-taking Edition by Georges Chakra gown, which she wore whilst presenting the 2011 People’s Choice Awards.

It may be the first BDOTW poll of the year, but I know come December 2011 I will still remember this gorgeous look whilst putting together my BDOTY list.

Whether she actually makes the list only time will tell.

Thanks for all your comments this week. It’s so good to be back x

Credit: Albert Michel/Rex & Getty

Shop Her Closet

Shop Her Closet

In Salma Hayek's Closet - YSL White Strapless Dress

In Salma Hayek’s Closet – YSL White Strapless Dress

23 Responses to Best Dressed Of The Week – Emmy Rossum In J. Mendel & Queen Latifah In Edition by Georges Chakra

1. msd January 9, 2011 at 13:05 #

These two were my faves. Kristen looked good (she really has fabulous legs ) butI think a win for her would have been a win for Twilight. ;)

Welcome back. I’m looking forward to the Globes, BAFTAs, Oscars etc. Not long now!

• Fashion Critic January 9, 2011 at 13:09 #

yes….no long…yet I still can’t wait :)

2. frommdq January 9, 2011 at 13:08 #

I love your choice, was mine too! Her body is not an easy one to dress up and she do it great (as always!) Love the color, the neck line and the hair/make up.

• Alina January 9, 2011 at 13:20 #

I agree. I really admire women who aren’t a size 0 and dress their bodies properly . Kudos for Queen Latifah.

• meenakshi January 10, 2011 at 06:28 #

absolutely..and she looks so confident in wat she wears you cant but help loving it..

3. rebecca January 9, 2011 at 13:48 #

i’m a k-stew fan but i’m kinda glad she didn’t win bdotw because i was kinda really let down by the shoes:( that being said, she looked so amazing and happy and she was glowing, and emmy rossum deserved the win!
    queen latifah looks PHENOMENAL here, seriously that georges chakra dress is amazing on her. in my opinion she actually should’ve won both bdotw’s but im glad that at least you think she was worthy of the win. amazing start to 2011 here in my opinion! so excited to see what the celebrities will bring on the carpet next!! :)

4. Grace January 9, 2011 at 16:06 #

I loved Emmy’s look!
    I love Queen Latifah, but I just can’t help but feeling that I saw a million dresses similar to this when I was prom dress shopping at the Deb. I wish she had kept the purple. The cut is great on her, though.

5. Hannah January 9, 2011 at 16:11 #

How delightful to have super beautiful colourful looks on the first week. I love both, Especially Emmy, I am really looking forward to her in 2011, it is such a beautiful shade of orange! Thanks for all your wonderful coverage this week FC, it is so great to have you back!

• Fashion Critic January 9, 2011 at 16:45 #

thanks Hannah xx

6. a January 9, 2011 at 16:57 #

Hi FC, this is totally unrelated but i just read that VB is pregnant :P

• Fashion Critic January 9, 2011 at 18:45 #

yes, I’m so happy for her. I hope it’s a girl

• Emi January 10, 2011 at 08:36 #

She wants a girl so much because she wants to create a mini-her, I think she would create a “monster”, putting the baby platform shoes when she’s is the cradle, and a Birkin in her hand when she’s 6 months old. I know someone will totally disapprove this comment but she said that her 8 years old son is addict to fashion, which is totally creepy. I’m glad you came back, too, FC!

7. Ariel January 9, 2011 at 17:01 #

Both Emma & Queen were my 2 choices this week. Queen got my vote though. The color and gown looks stunning on her. Have a great Sunday FC!

8. Laura January 9, 2011 at 17:21 #

Like both of these choices. The gradient Queen Latifah is wearing is hard to pull off but she does it well. And I wouldn’t wear the two colors Emmy’s wearing together, but she totally makes it work.

Just found out about Posh’s pregnancy and I have to say I’m interested to see what her maternity style will be like given that it’s been a while since she was last pregnant.

9. adrien January 9, 2011 at 17:39 #

Hey F.C.

Firstly Happy New Year!! Did you enjoy your hollidays?
    I went for Queen Latifah as well… the colour was gorgeous against her skin! (even if Florence Welch and Leighton Meester were looking amazing this week)
    Now I m back from hollidays and ready for this new year of fashion adventures!
    xx

• Fashion Critic January 9, 2011 at 20:35 #

welcome back and happy new year to you too.

Lets pray for an amazing awards season

xx

• adrien January 10, 2011 at 16:36 #

Thank you very much!

I have a good feeling about awards season, I don’t know why… maybe because I want an amazing one so bad!

10. Jones19 January 9, 2011 at 17:42 #

I’m glad Kristen didn’t win, she looked amazing but it was her same old personal style. Emmy and the Queen are deserving winners.

11. molly January 9, 2011 at 17:56 #

I love both looks!
    The colors are so vibrant in a sea of dark. But I am suprised to see that Florence Welch didnt win…oh well. Queen has a difficult size to dress but she always does it so perfectly.

12. Rahel January 9, 2011 at 19:04 #

I loved Queen Latifah’s dress at the PCA. It was really beautiful.

13. LizLemooooon January 9, 2011 at 19:30 #

Hahahaha I’m just glad that Kristen Stewart didn’t win. Even if she looked good for her it was still nothing special. Reality TV stars and C-Listers wear those kind of outfits all the time. She has no style.
    Emmy looks great, not sure about the shoes but she does look great.
    The Queen looks FABULOUS. That dress is gorgeous.

14. Allywan January 9, 2011 at 21:05 #

The Queen’s look was PERFECTION!!!!

15. Elena January 10, 2011 at 08:50 #

Victoria Beckham is offically pregnant………… 2011 is going to be a very very very exciting year!!!! Can’t wait