07.01.11

After winning the award for ‘Favourite Country Artist’ at the People’s Choice Awards, Taylor Swift headed over to Boa Steakhouse to celebrate CoverGirl’s 50th Anniversary party.

The country singer changed into a black Mark & James by Badgley Mischka dress.

Her black strapless sequined dress with a sheer overlay was paired with sparkling D&G sandals.

I guess she can’t stay away from sequins for too long.

Her party look complete with a wavy updo, signature ruby lips and Neil Lane jewels.

I’m not fond of this dress on Taylor at all.

I much preferred her J. Mendel dress. I love it when Taylor opts for colourful dresses. This is very dull even with the sequins.

Credit: Getty

Lake Bell In Dolce & Gabbana - American Comedy Awards 2014

Lake Bell In Dolce & Gabbana – American Comedy Awards 2014

In Milla Jovovich's Closet - Matthew Williamson Printed Kaftan

In Milla Jovovich’s Closet – Matthew Williamson Printed Kaftan

21 Responses to Taylor Swift In Mark & James by Badgley Mischka – CoverGirl Cosmetic’s 50th Anniversary Party

1. Marvel January 7, 2011 at 12:42 #

How boring. All her looks are starting to become stale and predictable.

• Ethne Blist January 7, 2011 at 13:20 #

Yep. But she does have her tween audience to dress for. Never expect anything sexy like Versace or Julien MacDonald!

• Marvel January 7, 2011 at 23:30 #

I dont necessarily want her to do something sexy. Something more sophisticated like Lanvin or RM

2. asherlev1 January 7, 2011 at 12:43 #

I would love to see her wear something diametrically opposed to what she normally does. I know this dress might not be the best example of the types of dresses she normally favors, but I will say that she knows what works for her. Given that, I’d still love to see her wear something edgier or more constructed from time to time.

3. Mahima January 7, 2011 at 12:53 #

this dress reminds me of the naeem khan dress she wore to the hannah montana premiere.

4. Lils January 7, 2011 at 13:17 #

moan, my first impression is one of deja-vu and I don’t like the dress

5. summer January 7, 2011 at 13:21 #

she is too boring and she always wears similar dresses

6. Nadia January 7, 2011 at 13:21 #

I like this look and all taylors looks are usually likeable . it is true tho it would be nice for her to change it up but edgier is just not her i am not too sure if she could pull it off ?

7. Alina January 7, 2011 at 13:33 #

I think she should wear something sexy.At least once.She’s 21 years old.She can do it.

This dress maybe http://www.style.com/fashionshows/complete/slideshow/S2011RTW-ESAAB?event=show2182&designer=design_house183&trend=&iphoto=12#slide=12 with a pair of stunning earrings,killer heels and a simple,yet chic clutch + the necessary attitude – she would rock the red carpet.

• manja January 7, 2011 at 15:32 #

I like it,but not sure she colud pull it off

• Pen Pen January 7, 2011 at 16:51 #

This dress is more suitable to Kirsten Steward then Taylor Swift, can not see Taylor in this dress at all.

• Alina January 7, 2011 at 17:55 #

I want her to wear something less predictable. With the accessories I’ve mentioned in the first post and her hair in a ponytail…maybe I’m dreaming .

8. Brooke January 7, 2011 at 17:50 #

Am I the only one who is curious as to why this is the first Mark and James dress I’ve seen and it’s NOT being worn by Rumer Willis? Especially after all that press about her being the new face of the brand? Hmmmm…

• Fashion Critic January 7, 2011 at 18:17 #

you make an excellent point

9. Laura January 7, 2011 at 19:02 #

Ehh what is there to say about this look? I’ve seen this kind of dress on Taylor a million times. I’ve seen Taylor’s hair worn that way a million times. And I’ve seen her lip that shade a million times. In other words, I’ve seen this whole look a million times. Yawn.

• Idealist January 7, 2011 at 20:36 #

Its so funny I scrolled down to type my comment then I looked up and read yours! lol Our comments are almost identical in thought! Give us something NEW taylor! lol

10. Idealist January 7, 2011 at 20:34 #

it doesn’t matter what dress she wears it ALWAYS looks like she’s wearing the same dress. Whether its a gown or shortened, its always the same with the same hair (ugh those spirals) , same kind of makeup. She’s a pretty girl just a one noter. Give us something NEW taylor!

11. molly January 7, 2011 at 22:21 #

At least she doesnt ever look bad….I think her hair works much better with this look than the JMendel dress. And she looks really great in black…the dress itself is boring, but like i said, can we ever say that she looks bad? Im just happy that she dresses her age.

12. mochababe73 January 7, 2011 at 22:40 #

This is the same old, same old from Taylor, but I still thinks that she looks great. However, she’s too young to be in this rut. Experiment a little!

13. Emi January 8, 2011 at 08:11 #

It’s a kinda deja-vu…without praise or blame, like most of the times. She’s so cute and very young but, in my opinion, she has no attitude on the red carpet, she looks lifeless most of the times.

14. X. Crespo January 9, 2011 at 02:19 #

I actually love Badgley Mischka, but there’s something about pairing a black dress with black shoes that I despise…

Regarding her obviously boring look, I think she’s being headed towards a wrong direction. She wants to look more mature, but still keeping a part of her young tweeny self through the sequins; there are only so much dark sequined dresses you can wear before you move on to sequined pants, a-la-Lively.

In fact, I would like to see Taylor Swift with radically different make up without bordering Leighton Meester during her fleet music career, and pants. Maybe a suit with some feminine touches, I don’t know, but you have enough money to hire stylists for this entire web community, Taylor! Surprise us!