Taylor Swift In J. Mendel – 2011 People’s Choice Awards

Unpredictable Award
Country singer Taylor Swift looked adorable as she graced the red carpet at the 2011 People’s Choice Awards last night.

She was up for two music awards at this event, but my award goes to her for not being predictable.

Taylor starts her 2011 red carpet campaign wearing a J. Mendel Spring 2011 dress.

Her stunning peach pleated cocktail dress was accented with a beaded belt and paired with Neil Lane jewels and Prada suede heels.

Her look is 50% sweet, 50% Rodarte-inspired but 100% refreshing.

American Vogue readers will recognise this dress as Natalie Portman wears it on the January 2011 cover.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Ashley Tisdale In Farah Angsana - 2011 Peoples' Choice Awards

Ashley Tisdale In Farah Angsana – 2011 Peoples’ Choice Awards

Kim Kardashian In Malandrino - 2011 People's Choice Awards

Kim Kardashian In Malandrino – 2011 People’s Choice Awards

21 Responses to Taylor Swift In J. Mendel – 2011 People’s Choice Awards

1. Mahima January 6, 2011 at 13:10 #

it washes her out, and she’s worn similar dresses in the same style.
    i dont know. i kinda hate it.

• Ethne Blist January 6, 2011 at 13:26 #

I agree, but I don’t hate it. This look isn’t unpredictable because she has worn J. Mendel before and wears breezy dresses. I like the color change to peach.

2. Rahel January 6, 2011 at 13:12 #

It looked very lovely on her.

3. Nikki January 6, 2011 at 13:17 #

I would say that she’s still a bit predictable. Same hairstyle and same red lipstick. Lovely dress though.

4. Kaja January 6, 2011 at 13:30 #

She looks beautiful, i love how she’s begun to change up her style. She’s not covered in sparkles :) . And it does not wash her out. At all.

5. Smilla January 6, 2011 at 13:38 #

Cute dress but it is a predictable choice,isn’t it?
    Happy new year!I wish you the best of everything!You don’t how much I missed your blog.
    xx

6. Alina January 6, 2011 at 13:40 #

I’m glad she opted for the peachy colour.

7. Lara January 6, 2011 at 14:06 #

not sparkles, but still very predictable and typical Swift

8. sunniee January 6, 2011 at 14:06 #

the dress is nice and i would like to wear it but it doesn’t fit to taylor … did u understand my english is not very krhm.. good XD

• molly January 6, 2011 at 22:33 #

I understood:D
      Your english is actually very good. As far as the dress goes, i like it, but I would love it if she wore her hair down and mostly straight with some curls on the end. This is a bit too casual for my liking.

9. Jones19 January 6, 2011 at 14:15 #

It’s not that unpredictable…it’s the same style of dress she always wears but it has no sparkles.

10. Mary January 6, 2011 at 14:23 #

This doesn’t look unpredictable to me (although I thank God it is not sparkly…) She has worn a similar dress by J Mendel before.
    The real unpredictable move would be if she had actually worn Rodarte ;)

11. JJovana3 January 6, 2011 at 14:37 #

I like Taylors style. She’s very feminine and soft. It works well for her image and the type of music she makes. Most young starlets need T&A to grab attention, but Taylor does it THE RIGHT WAY. Good for her. I like the dress and blush coral color. Hair is lovely too.

12. Marvel January 6, 2011 at 14:38 #

a nice dress but so blah on her. Yes it doesnt sparkle and shimmer but its still quite boring on her

• Klara January 6, 2011 at 15:47 #

yeah i agree with you. even the red lips doesnt help. and it is really too much rodarte-inspired but i know its not her fault :D

13. Victor January 6, 2011 at 16:06 #

I’m bored…………….

14. mochababe73 January 6, 2011 at 16:33 #

It is very Taylor Swift to me. I find it very predictable. Now, what would have been unpredictable if she had worn the sheer version that the model is wearing.
    It’s Taylor Swift in another pretty dress.

15. mol January 6, 2011 at 16:43 #

I thought she looked really pretty – a gangly, slightly awkward but beautiful girl. I’ve never really watched her before but she was so sweet and grownup on the stage so I guess that added to her appeal and made me like her.

16. Laura January 6, 2011 at 16:52 #

Like the dress and the lip, but the way the one shoulder was done bugs me. It looks way too pointy. Also, I wish the dress covered her sides more. Leaving the back open was fine, but the sides is just too much.

17. gossip_bangkok January 7, 2011 at 05:21 #

Cute.

18. X. Crespo January 9, 2011 at 03:12 #

This dress is the main reason I bought Vogue—and I hated it on Natalie Portman. Go figure.

Taylor Swift did no justice to it either, but on their defense, the dress is hard to pull off. Her heels, hair, and make up are her downfall, as they are so uninspiring.