06.01.11

Selena Gomez In Paule Ka & Irina Shabayeva – 2011 People’s Choice Awards

Pretty In Pink Award
Selena Gomez not only walked the red carpet at the 2011 People’s Choice Awards last night, but she also performed.

She looked adorable on the red carpet wearing a Paule Ka dress.

The pretty pink dress has a frothy ruffled detail cascading from her shoulder.

She added nude Giuseppe Zanotti heels and a black Kotur clutch to complete her look.

During her performance of “A Year Without Rain” with her band ‘The Scene’, Selena wore a stunning Irina Shabayeva print dress with Isharya jewels.

The rise and fall hem dress revealed her gorgeous nude Christian Louboutin ‘Brandaplato’ sandals.

These are two great looks from Selena. I love how she’s transitioning very slowing and with sophistication from a young star to a confident young lady.

Which do you prefer?

Credit: Getty

Katy Perry In Betsey Johnson - 2011 People's Choice Awards

Katy Perry In Betsey Johnson – 2011 People’s Choice Awards

Jennifer Aniston In Dolce & Gabbana - 2011 People's Choice Awards

Jennifer Aniston In Dolce & Gabbana – 2011 People’s Choice Awards

36 Responses to Selena Gomez In Paule Ka & Irina Shabayeva – 2011 People’s Choice Awards

1. Mario January 6, 2011 at 10:38 #

Omg, that’s Irina’s design? Jeez, she’s gotten rather good lately.
    And I prefer Selena in Irina’s dress, the first look is kinda “too already seen on her” for me.

2. rebecca January 6, 2011 at 10:52 #

are you going to post kristen stewart’s dress? not that im being impatient (becauase i’m totally not i love your blog), i was just wondering because she didn’t walk the red carpet :D

• rebecca January 6, 2011 at 10:53 #

also and what about leighton meester?

3. Matt January 6, 2011 at 11:33 #

She is absolutely beautiful. Unlike her other Disney counterpart, she seems to be gradually taking that step into womanhood. Unfortunately that’s also a rule in her personal life. Really Selena?…Justin Beiber? Really?

• Fashion Critic January 6, 2011 at 11:39 #

Really indeed.

I believe its just a showmance like Jake and Taylor was just in time for his movie release and her new album.

They really think we are stupid

• kelly January 6, 2011 at 12:07 #

I agree. They have the same agent so it’s most likely a showmance.

• Megan January 6, 2011 at 15:11 #

I feel Selena is just another Disney star taught to sing and act at a mediocre level nothing natural.her style I would say is the same the first dress is definetly déjà vu.
          I agree about Justin the photos were a great PR stunt for her album.

• Hannah January 6, 2011 at 16:06 #

Everyone does that, Careyand Shia (I will letthem off because they were apparently together pre-release), gerard and JEnnifer, Jennifer and everyone else really.

• Ethne Blist January 6, 2011 at 20:23 #

Selena Gomez cannot sing. I love her two looks, especially the new designer Irina Shabayeva. Great choice. But seriously. The girl cannot sing.

4. Carolina January 6, 2011 at 11:36 #

Selena is so sweet! I love her.

5. kelly January 6, 2011 at 12:06 #

I think the first dress is really bland, and it’s boringly reminiscent of her previous series of white red carpet looks. Her spray tan is terrible and the makeup makes her face look leathery. The second dress is gorgeous but her performance was boring and badly lip-sung.

• Megan January 6, 2011 at 15:16 #

Totally agree with you:)The tan,the make up,the performance all very poor.

6. Sarah January 6, 2011 at 12:08 #

I love Selena I think although at times she does dress to old for her age she does hit the mark in these two dresses I especially love the Paule Ka dress and how she styled it. It really looks beautiful on her.

7. Marvel January 6, 2011 at 12:18 #

The Paule Ka is so cute its unbelievable.

8. Francesca January 6, 2011 at 12:42 #

She’s looking so beautiful! I don’t think that first dress is in no way related to her other red carpet looks. I know she loves to wear white, but this is quite different than that. And the other one is just gorgeous as well! BDOTW for me.

9. Francesca January 6, 2011 at 12:44 #

And she’s not lip singing. She’s not quite of a singer, but this is live. ;)

10. Klara January 6, 2011 at 12:55 #

paule ka paule ka wins this for me easily :D she looks so damn beautiful…. and her fake-romance with justin bieber could be very hard for her, i think many young girls HATE her now… heh :D

11. sunniee January 6, 2011 at 13:53 #

first dress – lovelovelove
    second one – err….!?!

12. Jones19 January 6, 2011 at 14:22 #

Both gorgeous looks but I’m gonna have to go with her red carpet look, that frothy pink look so good against her bronzed skin. Simply beautiful.

13. Mary January 6, 2011 at 14:41 #

The Irina dress is so stunning! I simply adore it, especially on Selena. However, I don’t think I would like it so much as a choice,if she walked the red carpet in it. It sems more like a performance dress.
    He rfirst dress semms simply ok to me. I admit it is decent enough for people choice red carpet, but there’s something of…

(I won’t comment on her singing since I cannot decide whether she was lip-singing badly or the back-up vocalists covered her voice…)

14. Melissa January 6, 2011 at 14:52 #

Irina Shabayeva.. no kidding! I think this is the first I’ve heard of her since Project Runway. I love the dress.

15. mm January 6, 2011 at 15:08 #

Lovely

16. Giuseppi January 6, 2011 at 15:57 #

I love them both! She looks fantastic!

17. Hannah January 6, 2011 at 16:07 #

I idn’t watch the performance, becaus eI am almost certai I will not like it, but I love the performance dress. gorgeous!

18. Laura January 6, 2011 at 16:43 #

Love the Paule Ka look and the way it was styled. The nude lip and shoes were great choices.

I’m also happy to see Project Runway represented well. It looks lovely and different from what I saw of Irina on the show. It looks nice.

19. mochababe73 January 6, 2011 at 19:34 #

That first dress looks old fashioned. Seams and darts showing. It’s basically a sheath and a ruffle.
    The second dress is very pretty, I don’t really feel that she’s grown-up enough to wear it. I find that it actually ages her.

20. Sonia January 6, 2011 at 22:14 #

The first dress is boring and looks like everything she always wears. And despite me really liking the dress in the second look, she massacred my opinions by her horrible singing and the fact that you can hear the backup singers better than you can hear her. She should just stick to acting and save the singing for people who don’t suck at it.

21. Lala/S-R January 7, 2011 at 02:33 #

I can’t stand the fact that all Disney stars think they can sing. FAILING MISERABLY!
    Any who, on to the outfit, she looks great.

22. Moxie January 7, 2011 at 21:27 #

I love to see dresses from Project Runway designers! And Irina’s dress is beautiful.

23. Lilflowa January 9, 2011 at 18:03 #

I Feel like alot of people like Selena Gomez by default simply because they dont agree with how quickly Miley is growing up.

She is a beautiful girl and wears lovely designer clothes. Thats it. Her own personal style leaves alot to be desired and she’s the most manufacutured of them all. Still a Disney robot.

She is a great actress which is what i think she should stick with.

24. BrownPencil January 19, 2011 at 12:10 #

That Irina Shabayeva dress has got me scanning the internet! Does anyone know where you can buy this dress? Irina’s website’s no good for info

25. Nastia January 29, 2011 at 13:02 #

How much is the first Selena’s dress from Paule Ka?

(I speak ehglish very badly)

26. Cassandra February 13, 2011 at 05:11 #

shes pretty but her voice needs alot of work like ASP i m a huge fan but really i used to think she sounded good but ive never seen her preform live ive only heard her albums bad choice saying she was awsome(still love Selena Gomez though )

27. Maria April 7, 2011 at 04:18 #

She’s the most talented and most beautiful girl ever, also super down to earth. And she hasn’t taken that downward spiral and won’t :) her atyle is amazing and like everything works on her!!

28. Tia January 4, 2012 at 20:27 #

I really want to know where to buy that Irina Shabayeva dress. I love it!

29. Nataliya January 15, 2012 at 18:08 #

Hey I really love the secound dress of selena gomez and I want know where can I buy it please help me because I want to wear in my Graduation Party.