Queen Latifah In Edition by Georges Chakra – 2011 People’s Choice Awards

Joint Best Dressed & The Hostess with the Mostest Award
Queen Latifah was the host for 2011 People’s Choice Awards last night.

Both her stunning looks were custom made Edition by Georges Chakra Spring 2011 gowns.

In both cases her look was preferred over the runway.

This turquoise ombre chiffon halter gown with Lucite beaded necklace neckline is heavenly against her smooth skin.

It’s like looking out into the Caribbean sea.

This was my favourite of the night.

Her second Edition by Georges Chakra Spring 2011 gown was a vibrant fuchsia crepe one shoulder gown with crystal beading and satin strap detail.

All the detail is lost in white on the runway, so I’m glad Queen Latifah brought it to life for us.

She totally works both looks.

Which is your favourite?

Credit: Style.com & Getty

32 thoughts on “Queen Latifah In Edition by Georges Chakra – 2011 People’s Choice Awards

1. Klara

the first one is suuuupadupa :D and she looks so much better in it with her curves than the superthin model, and it suits her skin tone ver well, i love her in it :)

2. Hannah

I adore both looks not her. I think the colours are easily much tackier, but they look gorgeous on these dressa on her. The first is my favourite of the two, I love how she commands a stage!

3. Ciara

The first, that turquoise is just so beautiful on her! Not to say the second isn’t stunning, the first just slightly pips it for me. She looks amazing!!

4. Moxie

Both are gorgeous and worthy of inclusion in a BDOTW poll, but the turquoise is the BEST. Not only my favorite People’s Choice look, but my BDOTW pick.

5. mochababe73

Absolutely, positively stunning. The Queen definitely deserves her name on the evening’s gowns.
    Since pink is my favorite color, I would have to go with it. But…her legs also look amazing in the dress.

6. melina

I love the first dress but not the second. Maybe because I absolutely hate that fuschia/hot pink colour.

7. molly

You are so right about the Caribbean sea. These are the exact colors. I found myself pulling up this picture repeatedly today when I needed a dose of calm and wonder! Love it.

8. Sharon

I love the Queen and think she looks gorgeous in almost everything. But this turquoise ombre gown is absolutely amazing on her. Definitely my BDOTW choice.

9. Danika

Definitely the turquoise, she looks stunning in it. I am sorry to say I am not a fan of the pink, I love the colour but it looks a tad to tight around the hips/stomach area giving it a bit of a lumpy look in my opinion.

10. hally

the first look is AMAZING!!!!! the second is just ok, i think that if the trim were also pink instead of the white/silver it would have looked better.

11. Emi

I like the first one, maybe she would have looked good also with the runway color. I totally dislike the second gown, you have to be thin to wear it.

12. Cristina

Hail to the Queen for showing us that style comes in all sizes! She knows what works for her and totally rocks it!