Drew Barrymore In Jil Sander – Covergirl Cosmetic’s 50th Anniversary Party

As the face of CoverGirl, Drew Barrymore was on hand to help celebrate their 50th Anniversary at party held in West Hollywood.

I pray that she become the face of L’Oreal to force her to dye those roots.

As much as I love the Jil Sander Sprig 2011 collection, I didn’t love this look on Drew.

I really tried to force myself to like it, but my head had a word with my head and said, “No.”

I assumed that this was one of the easier pieces to pull off, but – may the fashion gods forgive me – she looks like she got caught up in a sleeping bag unable to unzip it so she hobbled down the red carpet.

This look doesn’t flatter her at all.

I prefer the elasticated detail higher up like on the model as it sits at an awkward height on Drew.

In short, me no likey.

Jack Vartanian white agate leaf earrings and a black Hunting Season clutch completes her look.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

The Rest Of The Looks From People's Choice Awards Red Carpet

The Rest Of The Looks From People’s Choice Awards Red Carpet

Emmy Rossum In J. Mendel - "Late Night with Jimmy Fallon"

Emmy Rossum In J. Mendel – “Late Night with Jimmy Fallon”

27 Responses to Drew Barrymore In Jil Sander – Covergirl Cosmetic’s 50th Anniversary Party

1. Jones19 January 6, 2011 at 17:02 #

Ahhh it’s so close to being a hit but yet so far away. Love her hair and makeup though :/

2. Melissa January 6, 2011 at 17:09 #

I think Drew pulls this off just perfectly. Obviously it had to be modified for height so the gathered bit isn’t going to sit in the same place. Her make up and styling is spot on as well. I think she proved that a beanpole didn’t have to wear this dress to make it work.

3. Mario January 6, 2011 at 17:11 #

Jaoo I hate myself for loving this on her. Am I an idiot? Have I lost my mind?
    I guess I’ll never know.

• Vidhya January 6, 2011 at 17:13 #

lol.. she looks good elastic upwards :P

4. LL January 6, 2011 at 17:24 #

I like the look on Drew, but I agree that for functionality’s sake, shortening of the dress should have come from the top and not the bottom. It looks like the elastic below the knee would make it difficult to walk, as opposed to the original construction of the dress, with the elastic above the knee, allowing for more movement. I do applaud Drew for making more interesting choices, and I like the dress on her, however I agree about the height adjustment for flattering proportions.

5. Giuseppi January 6, 2011 at 17:24 #

I don’t care for this, but then there isn’t much that Jil Sander puts out that I really like. Nothing calls to me here. Sorry Drew.

6. noo January 6, 2011 at 17:34 #

Is it just me or is her make up horrible?

• Gigi January 6, 2011 at 17:55 #

Horrible, and every product in the Covergirl line is displayed on her face!!

• Naomi January 6, 2011 at 18:07 #

I think the problem was either her foundation is too light, or in some pics it looks like she has that awful powder that reflects light (like the one with Nicole Kidman).
      It just makes everything else look bad.

• Saara January 7, 2011 at 06:48 #

It is not You. It is horrible.

7. Klara January 6, 2011 at 17:36 #

actually i like it too, and its also because i see first the photos of the “party” where everyone was dressing in black and the little drew shines everone away in her vibrant orange dress. and it doesnt overwhelm her, i think its the problem that she is too little to get the shape of the dress as the model did. you have to be big to look good in such a cut… but i love her for wearing a orange dress :D
    maybe someone whos bigger than 1,75 will wear it and everyone will be happy :D

8. Hannah January 6, 2011 at 17:57 #

Heigt is an absolute prerequisite for this dress. I wan o see zoe saldana or joy bryant or smeone else like that wear it. The colour look awful on her, and for a makeup party, the makeup is not looking gret by any means.
    Also regarding the hair, yes I do want her to dye her roots, but rememebr what happened to Cheryl Cole’s hair a few eeks ago, that hideous red, and Beyoncés hair is yellow, not blonde, yellow. I want garnier to sign her up, Davina’s hair is a lovely, human, colour.

9. Amber January 6, 2011 at 18:09 #

i think it’s a great color on her. but the dress just doesn’t fit well on her.

10. mol January 6, 2011 at 18:29 #

I have to agree 100% with F.C. here – the whole slouch and flow of the dress is lost on Drew, she’s way too short, the gather is at the wrong place. It would look good on someone much taller, like you F. C.!

• Fashion Critic January 6, 2011 at 18:29 #

I would love to try it on

11. mochababe73 January 6, 2011 at 20:54 #

She definitely has too much Covergirl on her face.
    The dress doesn’t look good because it’s too big. Something with that much volume needs to be sized correctly. Drew looks as though she’s in an orange sack.

12. LizLemooooon January 6, 2011 at 21:04 #

I’m feeling it! I don’t know why but I like it. Her make up and that tan could be…less but it’s a pretty good look. It would have looked better on a tall woman tho.

13. Kathryn January 6, 2011 at 21:09 #

I actually like Drew’s hair, but the makeup and the dress, combined with the orange background scream Oompa-Loompa

14. Marvel January 6, 2011 at 22:24 #

Hair – Check
    Make-Up – Check
    Unflattering Dress – Check

All ingredients for a red carpet disaster

15. Ariel January 6, 2011 at 23:33 #

I don’t like anything here except for the color.

16. Carolina January 7, 2011 at 01:12 #

Very ugly. The reflexion makes her look on fire.

17. Julianne January 7, 2011 at 01:46 #

I htated it on the model, but in her it was ok.
    I didn’t like the make up.

18. mikeijames January 7, 2011 at 01:51 #

i think drew barrymore needed some of the styling tricks this dress provides for to pull this off for a “full glamour” event like this. maybe a brooch, a belt, a bracelet, or SOMETHING could’ve helped her out here.

19. Emi January 7, 2011 at 09:56 #

The dress is beautiful and difficult to wear, I don’t think that height is tha main requisite to wear it, maybe on Kylie would be nice, the position of the elastic is wrong, it shorten her figure. I don’t consider it a disaster, maybe more a “wasted opportunity”, I also dislike the clutch. To me, the ugliest part of this look is the hair.

20. D January 7, 2011 at 10:07 #

shouldn’t have shortern the dress from the bottom!!! this makes her legs look short. otherwise it could have been an interesting look.
    wrong colour of the purse

21. D January 7, 2011 at 10:08 #

oh and make up a bit over too

22. Jazz February 12, 2011 at 18:04 #

i think one should be pretty thin and tall to pull off something like this. drew’s body type as well as the akward elastic gathering does nothing for this dress