Who Wore Calvin Klein Better? Claire Danes or Selita Ebanks

Calvin Klein Creative Director Francisco Costa hosted an intimate private dinner for key press and celebrities at the exclusive Restaurant Apicius in Paris during Couture Fashion Week back in July 2009.

Claire Danes looked stunning wearing a Calvin Klein Fall 2009 silver embellished dress with a jagged hem.

The elegant actress didn’t over accessorize her dazzling dress as she just added nude strappy sandals and carried a white clutch.

Selita Ebanks wore the same dress grand opening of Marquee Nightclub at The Cosmopolitan in Las Vegas last week.

She looked amazing from the ankles up.

What possessed her to wear black pumps with this dress will forever remain a mystery to me.

Claire wins by a very long mile.

Credit: Style.com, Stephane Feugere & Getty

Marquee Nightclub In The Cosmopolitan VIP Opening

Marquee Nightclub In The Cosmopolitan VIP Opening

Keri Hilson Channels her Inner Diva On The “Late Show with David Letterman”

Keri Hilson Channels her Inner Diva On The “Late Show with David Letterman”

20 Responses to Who Wore Calvin Klein Better? Claire Danes or Selita Ebanks

1. nichelle January 5, 2011 at 12:36 #

the dress looks better on selita’s skin tone. im not mad at the black pumps.

• michelle January 5, 2011 at 13:30 #

I agree. I hate the shoes, but the dress pops against her skin tone and washes claire out for me.

• LizLemooooon January 5, 2011 at 13:56 #

Plus Selita is werqing the hell out of that dress! Claire looks tired and sad for some reason and the dress is too long.
      Selita’s shoes are a bad choice but I can ignore them because she looks so fly.

• Rahel January 5, 2011 at 14:29 #

Selita’s dress is also shorter and you can see her knees. But Claire’s longer version makes her look like an old lady who doesn’t want to show her legs anymore.

• pipsqueak January 6, 2011 at 03:34 #

Agreed. Selita wears it better.

2. Hisadora January 5, 2011 at 13:12 #

Both look REALLY amazing but why would you ruin a dress like that with black pumps? Claire wins for me.

3. Emily January 5, 2011 at 13:14 #

I’m going for Selita (despite disappointment at the shoes) because I think Claire looks a bit stumpy in this? It might just be the angle of the photo but I think it flatters Selita better.

4. asherlev1 January 5, 2011 at 13:15 #

You’re back! I missed this blog. <3

Haha, and I love you for picking Claire Danes over Selita Elbanks. I know plenty of other fashion sites that would have picked Selita cos she looked more "glam". God bless your eye for shoes. :D

I adored Claire.

5. justme January 5, 2011 at 13:29 #

Selita’s black pumps don’t offend me nearly as much as Claire’s unbrushed hair and the fact that the dress is clearly too long on her.

6. june January 5, 2011 at 13:54 #

if only claire’s dress wasn’t such an awkward length on her — the length selita’s got works much better, she would have won for me

7. Matt January 5, 2011 at 14:41 #

If only she didn’t wear those pumps. Despite that Selita still wins for me

8. Anissa January 5, 2011 at 15:17 #

They both look stunning (Selita is truely glowing) but in spite of the shoes (Claire’s are much better), I really prefer the length of Selita’s dress so I’ll have to give her the win.

9. Alfie January 5, 2011 at 16:59 #

I agree that Selite wears it better, it looks good on her skin tone, she’s working it and she has the height to pull it off. I can overlook the heels this time.

10. Kelly January 5, 2011 at 17:14 #

I think this dress would have been better on Claire had she been 4 or 5 inches taller!

11. Brooke January 5, 2011 at 18:25 #

I was tempted to vote for Selita because of how undone Claire’s hair looks here (even thought Claire’s accessories blow Selita’s away), but honestly I think that underdone look is more in line with the cK aesthetic of effortless chic. Selita, had she accessorized better, would have taken it based on skin tone and frock length suitability.

12. Ethne Blist January 5, 2011 at 20:43 #

I don’t like Claire Danes style at all, but I am totally digging this dress on Claire. I love her minimalist approach. True Calvin Klein girl.

13. mochababe73 January 5, 2011 at 23:24 #

Forget the shoes.
    That dress looks fabulous on Selita. There is no competition. The color, the length, and the fit are superb. Sure her footwear choice could have been better, but there was no way that I could vote for Claire just based on a pair of shoes.

14. Idealist January 6, 2011 at 03:59 #

LMAO @ looking good from the ankles up! lol If she would hv changed the shoes she would have beat out miss claire- the dress looks too long on her…

15. Louisa January 6, 2011 at 10:15 #

Happy New Year FC & good to see you back blogging after the break!

I voted for Selita because she gives this dress so much more oomph! The black pumps aren’t perfect but I don’t think they take away from the dress as a whole. I love Selita’s make up, pose and confidence too!

• Fashion Critic January 6, 2011 at 10:34 #

happy new year to you too.

thanks x