05.01.11

Video: Tom Ford Spring 2011

Many of us aren’t that crazy about Tom Ford’s Spring 2011 collection, but maybe seeing the full collection in motion will change your minds.

The 3 minute film features Daria Werbowy, Lauren Hutton, Julianne Moore, Beyonce and Rinko Kikuchi working the runway.

In Halle Berry's Closet - Wildfox Tiger Sweater

In Halle Berry’s Closet – Wildfox Tiger Sweater

Christian Milian For Latina Magazine February 2011

Christian Milian For Latina Magazine February 2011

23 Responses to Video: Tom Ford Spring 2011

1. Marvel January 5, 2011 at 15:20 #

Having seen it in a video, perhaps the collection isnt as bad as I initially thought. But I still think the collection is seriously over-hyped. Most of the dresses were either fringed or showcased a lot cleavage.
    The sequinned jacket looked amazing but I think Ford needs to get his head out of his ass. I read that that he is going pick one oscar nominated actress to wear one of his dresses to the Oscar. None of the dresses are oscar befitting and plus the actress is most likely going to Julianne Moore

• Fashion Critic January 5, 2011 at 15:22 #

I agree

NONE are oscar worthy and it will most likely be Julianne Moore

• michelle January 5, 2011 at 17:03 #

poor julianne as if she hasn’t been badly dressed enough times.

• pipsqueak January 6, 2011 at 03:28 #

“Over-hyped” for sure! Frankly, I was busy looking at the celebrities and models rather than paying attention to the blah clothes. It’s also quite lame that French Vogue allowed Tom Ford to be all over the Dec/Jan issue. Seems more ridiculous than a few “controversial” cover girls (read: TV stars and that girl banging Justin Timberlake) on American Vogue. I don’t care for this collection.

2. Sergio Hudson January 5, 2011 at 15:23 #

I love the collection I think it is a return to glamour! the same as Galiano in the mid 90’s I love it!

3. Spanish lover January 5, 2011 at 15:25 #

Just amazing!! Great collection, great show. I love Tom Ford!!

4. Kaylie January 5, 2011 at 15:47 #

I wish there was a better long-shot of the dress Rita Wilson is wearing… but I agree that none of these dresses scream “Oscar” to me.

5. Alexandra January 5, 2011 at 16:02 #

i love it as well, it’s so very chic! maybe not Oscar-worthy but lust-worthy for sure. the sequined pieces are amazing. plus I love the choice of music for the video ;)

6. mm January 5, 2011 at 16:35 #

Love the video, but i still dont like the collection, i was more interested in who was in the video. Maybe seeing the collection out and about will help. I agree no oscar worthy dresses.

• Clover January 5, 2011 at 23:00 #

I totally agree. I think the video focussed more on the people and their faces than the clothes though, so I think it was leading us that way.

7. LizLemooooon January 5, 2011 at 16:36 #

Oh I adore this video! I saw it a few days ago and it was wonderful. It was too glamourous for me on first viewing tho, I had to lie down.
    On second looks…it is a great collection, really fun and campy but it also proved to me that Tom doesn’t really know how to dress women…well he could dress the cast of Dallas I guess but these clothes aren’t really up to standard of his mens line. They don’t have any lasting appeal I think that’s the problem.
    Clothes can be edgy but still classic and I don’t think Tom has managed that quite yet.
    We’ll see what his Oscar gown is like but I’m not seeing anything Oscar worthy.
    Queen B looks great tho doesn’t she?!

8. Alfie January 5, 2011 at 16:55 #

I love it, but as far as the Oscars go, none of the gowns really do it. Maybe if he altered one, like Beyonce’s dress and made it longer and changed the sleeves.

9. CB January 5, 2011 at 17:04 #

I thought this was a fresh, intimate yet fun way of presenting a collection. Little details really stood out to me- like the black sequin cloche. I love the first white dress and found some of the others interesting, but would love to have a better look.

10. Hannah January 5, 2011 at 17:58 #

I have really warmed ot the collection, although I still thinkit is overhyped. It does however leave me very excited for the next collection.

11. Mel January 5, 2011 at 18:31 #

Maybe instead of the Oscar ceremony one of this dresses will be seen in the after parties. I think they have more potencial for a party. Nowadays I really like this collection, for me is crazy, sexy and sphisticated and I can’t wait to see it in the red carpet ,but I have the feeling this is going to be seen more in magazines than in events :-(

12. Yaas January 5, 2011 at 18:50 #

I’ve been waiting for Mr. Ford comeback a long time, because I think some of Nicole Kidman’s golden era dresses were designed by him (the Black tiered dress at Cannes, ivory/grey at Globes, …) or some Julianne moore’s. I liked this video more than the photos, still I’m waiting for a red carpet moment to see them in the real life, before that, people with supermodel bodies can do justice to almost anything (say plunging neckline). I’m just not crazy about those massive bling bling specially the Beyonce ones.

13. Laura January 5, 2011 at 19:00 #

For me half of the collection is Yves saint laurent and the rest is 90’s emanuel ungaro. Nothing new, but still the pieces look nice and the video was really good.

• mol January 5, 2011 at 19:37 #

Your observation re YSL, seems spot on to me – thanks!

I too liked the video, but have to admit that I was put off by parts of it – mainly by the ‘oh so thrilled’ faces in the audience, the over the top fakeness of their reaction, but I guess that was part of the show. I did like the music and the fun, intimate way the models did the runway though, liked that alot.

14. Arthur January 5, 2011 at 19:34 #

I haven’t seen anything new. At all.

And I hate the celebrities-models’ attitudes. It’s all about their own egos and not about the clothes. It looked like a celeb party instead of a fashion show, with just the celebrities getting the attention and being photographed.
    And regarding the collection, I was expecting more from Tom Ford. MUCH MORE.

15. Lee Ann January 5, 2011 at 20:10 #

Wow tough audience. Given some of the nightmares that I have seen at past Oscars I think there are a few Oscar worthy dresses especially the black and white feathery dress that the black estee lauder model wore-sorry can’t remember how to spell her name or the blue sequinned dress that Marisa Berenson wore. What I liked about this show was that it was very intimate and proper -almost like from a time gone buy. However from what I could see there was no cohesion in the collection. It just looked like played dress up using human dolls.

• Lee Ann January 5, 2011 at 20:11 #

Apologies for spelling but iPad locked and I couldn’t correct

16. Jimmy January 5, 2011 at 21:25 #

It is a sleek, sexy, grown up collection. It is a refreshing change and I think it is quite brilliant and can’t wait to see more from Mr. Ford.

17. roxana January 6, 2011 at 08:33 #

nothing spectacular! i like the dress worn by liya kebede. beyonce is very hot!