24.12.10

Shoe Designer Of 2010 – Brian Atwood

It took nearly two years, but we finally found a footwear designer to take over from YSL and Christian Louboutin.

Brian Atwood heels dominated the red carpet in 2010.

I truly believe that every red carpet event was graced with the designers popular heels.

The all had their own identifiable names: The Marlo, the Balleto, the Katie Lee, the Dante, the Drama, the Harrison and of course the most popular…

…the Maniac.

The comfortable heels with a hidden platform are a favourite of Katy Perry, Demi Moore and Victoria Beckham.

I wouldn’t be surprise if next season the designer names heels after his famous clients.

Credit: Getty

Brand Ambassador 2010 – Salma Hayek

Brand Ambassador 2010 – Salma Hayek

Sidewalk Style 2010 - Kylie Minogue

Sidewalk Style 2010 – Kylie Minogue

6 Responses to Shoe Designer Of 2010 – Brian Atwood

1. Marvel December 24, 2010 at 13:03 #

I suppose we should be happy that Trib Too’s have gone but I think these are just as bad

2. Hisadora December 24, 2010 at 14:09 #

My favorites are the Marlo and the Balleto, they’re amazing!!! :)

3. Laura December 24, 2010 at 16:54 #

Love the Balleto, and I see why the Maniac is so popular. Such a good type of shoe that every woman would want in their closet. Posh works the Dante better than anyone I can think of.

4. mochababe73 December 24, 2010 at 17:20 #

Brian definitely deserved it.

5. Ev December 24, 2010 at 17:20 #

I shouldn’t be allowed to comment on a post mentioning Maniac pumps, lol.
    Other than Maniac and Dante, the rest of them look pretty good, but I still wish celebrities were more creative about their footwear. Look at Leighton Meester! ;)

6. _danny (aka the modman) December 26, 2010 at 04:01 #

Cant wait to see his B Brian Atwood line for 2011.. hopefully a lower price point wont affect the designs!