24.12.10 Best Of

Brand Ambassador 2010 – Salma Hayek

Mrs Pinault aka Salma Hayek was given a great responsibility this year to represent the Gucci Group.

Whilst many of the brands didn’t exactly fit her sense of style, she didn’t take the challenge lightly by favouring for the most difficult to pull off brand within the group – Alexander McQueen.

Some pieces worked, others failed quite drastically, but I think as Salma feels her way around the collections a bit more she will find looks which will suit her style rather than wearing looks because she feels she has to.

Personally I think she looked best in Gucci Premiere and YSL.

Credit: London Features & Getty

2010 Best Dressed Of The Year Readers' Choice

2010 Best Dressed Of The Year Readers’ Choice

Shoe Designer Of 2010 – Brian Atwood

Shoe Designer Of 2010 – Brian Atwood

9 Responses to Brand Ambassador 2010 – Salma Hayek

1. Alina December 24, 2010 at 09:11 #

I loved her during Cannes – I think she was a good brand ambassador for Gucci Premiere.

2. lifeisdolce December 24, 2010 at 10:32 #

though i never would’ve thought she’d have suited mcqueen, i loved salma’s courage this year. she was great at cannes and her mcqueen resort ensemble above was so elegant (:

3. Martin December 24, 2010 at 10:56 #

Honestly, I find Salma one of the least interesting red carpet celebrities, even though many of her choices are quite adventurous. Without wanting to sound harsh, she should steer WAY clear of Alexander McQueen. When I think of the stars who pulled off McQueen so beautifully this year – Cate Blanchett, Noomi Rapace, Sarah Jessica Parker – Salma just can’t compete. I’m dreading what she’ll wear to the MET Ball next year given that the Gala will commemorate the late Lee McQueen. Salma, cut your losses and run. Please.

• Fashion Critic December 24, 2010 at 11:08 #

OMG…the Met Ball. I share your concerns.

• Mel December 24, 2010 at 11:33 #

Well Salma in McQueen is not my favorite fashion choice, but just thinking that with a bit of luck we’ll have Cate Blanchett, Sarah Jessica Parker and Anna Paquin in the same event wearing McQueen makes me jump of joy. Can’t wait!!

Nowadays, hands down, for me the real McQueen embassador this year was Anna Paquin… OMG the Emmys!!!

4. Marvel December 24, 2010 at 13:04 #

I think she fits better for Gucci not McQueen. Her best looks this year was at Cannes when she wore Gucci. Stick to what you know Salma

5. Hannah December 24, 2010 at 13:33 #

I sincerely hope that she chooses Gucci or YSL,vespecially the former, she really looked beautiful in their clothes and suits that style much better than McQueen. I honestly wish that Anna paquin becomes brand ambassador for Alexander McQueen because she suits the style so beautifully.

6. Laura December 24, 2010 at 16:52 #

I love that YSL look and all her Gucci looks from Cannes.

On the McQueen thing, I hope her stylist will tell her that McQueen isn’t for everyone and not for her. McQueen dresses are hard to wear, and Salma just doesn’t pull it off.

7. mochababe73 December 24, 2010 at 17:24 #

Although I thought that she should have stayed far, far away from Balmain and McQueen, I thought that she totally rocked Gucci and YSL. Those designers seem to fit her style.