23.12.10 Best Of

Most Outrageous Of 2010 – Lady GaGa

With Katy Perry and Rihanna opting for demure red carpet looks, the only real competition Lady GaGa had this year was Nicki Minaj.

Nicki gave GaGa a run for her money, but Lady GaGa was light years ahead serving up a meat dress by Franc Fernandez plus custom looks by Giorgio Armani and Francesco Scognamiglio.

One has to wonder how Lady GaGa will outdo herself in 2011 as the shock factor is already starting to wear thin on some of you.

Personally I admire her creativity on the red carpet. Her day-to-day looks on the other hand are ridiculous.

Runner up: Nicki Minaj

Most Commented In 2010 - Blake Lively

Most Commented In 2010 – Blake Lively

Most Worn In 2010 - J Brand “Houlihan” Skinny Cargo Pants

Most Worn In 2010 – J Brand “Houlihan” Skinny Cargo Pants

14 Responses to Most Outrageous Of 2010 – Lady GaGa

1. The Clothes Whisperer December 23, 2010 at 11:02 #

WERK it ladies!!!

2. Mary December 23, 2010 at 11:59 #

This Armani outfit for the Grammy’s definatelly belongs to my best dressed of the year list. It’s so beautiful, like my old Barbie dolls came to life (in a good way) ;)

3. Martin December 23, 2010 at 12:04 #

Interesting final point Fashion Critic. But I don’t think Lady Gaga herself actually draws a distinction between red carpet and real life, day-to-day wear. Given the celebrity construct that is Lady Gaga, real life is the red carpet and the red carpet is real life. She truly is one-of-a-kind.

• Alina December 23, 2010 at 12:22 #

This is exactly what I wanted to say. I don’t think she knows what the notion “day-to-day wear” means.

4. Terry December 23, 2010 at 12:52 #

I’ve never been a fan of Lady GaGa (and never will), but I must admit some of her red carpet outfits (meat dress excluded) are actually impressive and dramatic enough to please me. What she wears in her daily life, on the other hand, is most of the time utterly tasteless, especially when she wears bra and thongs with fishnets and a leather jacket.

5. Marvel December 23, 2010 at 13:40 #

I just think that she is always going for the shock factor but to me its just seems so desperate

6. anna December 23, 2010 at 13:42 #

Fashion, i’m not a native english speaker… what does ‘runner up’ means exactly?

• Fashion Critic December 23, 2010 at 13:58 #

Second place :)

• Jessie K January 8, 2011 at 16:21 #

Runner-up is a term used to denote a participant which finishes in second place in any of a variety of competitive endeavors, most notably sporting events and beauty pageants; in the latter instance, the term is applied to more than one of the highest-ranked non-winning contestants, the second-place finisher being designated “first runner-up”, the third-place finisher “second runner-up”, and so on.

7. Laura December 23, 2010 at 15:08 #

I got to be honest I’m not in love with Lady Gaga. If you’re going to dress wacky on the rc you should have a theme and/or message like Katy Perry. But Lady Gaga just seems to dress wacky to be wacky. Got to give it up for the Armani look though. That’s fab.

8. Thomas Monks December 23, 2010 at 15:34 #

I think that if Gaga wanted to outdo her 2010 shock factor she needs to dress down and wear a regular dress and normal hair and make up

9. Audrey December 24, 2010 at 00:20 #

I enjoy looking forward to seeing what Lady Gaga wears to each event. I really liked the dress she wore to the Grammys.

10. Anita December 24, 2010 at 00:49 #

Although I cant stand gaga (do not get me started) I have to say that McQueen dress she wore to the MTV VMAs (?) was great – it photographed beautifully. Aside from that – I think shes way too overrated, but each to his own.

11. gabs January 7, 2011 at 21:17 #

I LOVE gaga. Dont understand the hate. I wish all entertainers would work harder and be more crazy. I cant wait to see wait she wears for the grammys this year.