23.12.10 Best Of

Most Consistent 2010 – Fan Bing Bing

Fan Bing Bing was a star I wrote about possibly twice a year, but in 2010 she ruled the red carpet – especially at Cannes Film Festival.

She took Cannes by storm wearing a selection of stunning gowns from a traditional dress by Laurence Hsu to Elie Saab Couture.

Fan Bing Bing went from being anonymous to one of your favourite red carpet stars of 2010.

I admire her attention to detail, her ability to make looks her own, her beauty, her style and elegance.

For some this type of perfection seems too contrived, but as long as she keeps this up and doesn’t wear a bandage dress or Trib Too’s she will always be on my Best Dressed List.

Runner up: Rebecca Hall

Credit: Getty

Best Newcomer & Breakout Star 2013 - Lupita Nyong’o

Best Newcomer & Breakout Star 2013 – Lupita Nyong’o

2010 Best Dressed Of The Year Readers' Choice

2010 Best Dressed Of The Year Readers’ Choice

18 Responses to Most Consistent 2010 – Fan Bing Bing

1. LizLemooooon December 23, 2010 at 17:05 #

YES! I love Fan. She’s very stylish and she has all the elegance and mystique of a 1920s movie star. Her style is classic but bold and she’s so interesting. I’m going to make it my mission to start watching some of her films in 2011.

• Kingco March 5, 2011 at 06:05 #

Buddha mountain. its the latest moivie, she is excellent!

2. LizLemooooon December 23, 2010 at 17:06 #

Just wanted to add that she should win best dressed based on that dazzling take on traditional dress she wore to Cannes alone.

3. Alina December 23, 2010 at 17:14 #

LOVE HER!

Loved all her looks during Cannes,loved her in the pink Bottega Veneta look,in the white Marchesa dress.

I really hope she will win one of the BDOTY contests.

4. Laura December 23, 2010 at 17:15 #

She is pure class and elegance. She doesn’t wear an edgy dress to be edgy. She does it to make a specific statement that’s relevant to her. I applaud Fan Bing Bing for her fabulous style.

5. Sumeeral December 23, 2010 at 17:57 #

i so adore her ..hats off..mind you..this being an understatement !

6. Ev December 23, 2010 at 18:04 #

I so hope that she will be named BDOTY for the Laurence Hsu gown!! I love her red carpet style.

7. Hannah December 23, 2010 at 18:09 #

I love Fan BingBing, I havent not liked any of her look, she is always so beautiful and graceful! Simply impeccable, I am so glad she has adorned your incredible site this year, she really is an attribute to your incredible work.

• Fashion Critic December 23, 2010 at 18:10 #

wow…that is very high praise. Thank you so much c

8. Ally December 23, 2010 at 19:36 #

Excellent choice. She always looks amazing. My runner up would be Aishwarya Rai. I developed such a girl crush on her this year!

9. Megan December 23, 2010 at 20:40 #

YES!!!could not agree more about her I just love everything she brings to the red carpet.One of if not the best dressed of the year.I absolutely loved the pink Valentino from the moment I saw it,just stunning:)

10. SW December 23, 2010 at 20:58 #

I think Zoe should be a runner up as well. I love Fan too but I feel like we ALWAYS see her in a gown. I love Zoe because she can do a Givenchy gown, AND jeans and a great blazer.

11. mochababe73 December 24, 2010 at 01:03 #

I chose the pink dress as my Best Dressed of the Year. But, she was the most consistent this year. LOVE!

12. June December 25, 2010 at 12:30 #

I love her red carpet style!

13. 高晨 December 25, 2010 at 16:56 #

我是来自中国的范冰冰的粉丝。我当然知道你们看不明白我写了什么。特别的开心看到你们这么的喜欢范冰冰。她是一个很努力,很坚强的中国女孩,谢谢你们对她的支持和喜爱。

• Fashion Critic December 26, 2010 at 10:32 #

thank you. I translated your message. Happy to learn people love Fan Bing Bing as much as I do :)

14. marian December 27, 2010 at 17:35 #

perfect. absolutely most consistent. can’t think of a misstep. such a treat every time she hits the red carpet.

15. Jasper Lee May 20, 2011 at 08:24 #

Wow !She is really a very beautiful,but actually she is really working hard! At first she just a anonymous small star but she really did much and now she is really a great star!