23.12.10 Best Of

Cover Star Of 2010 – Miu Miu Appliqué Dresses

Natasha Poly may have appeared on more international Vogue covers than any other model this year, but the real cover star for 2010 were the Miu Miu Fall 2010 appliqué dresses.

It seems that fashion editors all over the world fell in love with both the sunshine yellow and lilac Miu Miu dress as they appeared on covers simultaneously in the UK, US, Mexico, Australia and Sweden.

The rush happened in August with other publications following in September, October and November.

Whoever loaned out these dresses at Miu Miu got a big fat raise.

It was a PR masterstroke.

Runner up: Balmain gold dress

Credit: Vogue, Elle, W Magazine & ONTD

Best Newcomer & Breakout Star 2013 - Lupita Nyong’o

Best Newcomer & Breakout Star 2013 – Lupita Nyong’o

Ones To Watch In 2011

Ones To Watch In 2011

13 Responses to Cover Star Of 2010 – Miu Miu Appliqué Dresses

1. Erik December 23, 2010 at 12:46 #

Amazing how so many magazines have featured this on the cover, but then yes, it’s a beautiful dress and it works really well

2. Terry December 23, 2010 at 12:47 #

Yes, this dress may have been over-exposed, but it’s really beautiful. The yellow version is to die for.

3. Alina December 23, 2010 at 12:51 #

I still love this dress.:)

4. Lara December 23, 2010 at 12:59 #

I actually like most of these covers

and runner up that golden Balmain dress, so tired of it

• Fashion Critic December 23, 2010 at 13:06 #

yes, thank you x

5. Martin December 23, 2010 at 13:39 #

Pretty dress, but just that – pretty. There were other pieces in this collection that we stronger for my mind, but you could almost tell from the moment this appeared on the runway that stylists would flock to it. It was cheery and sweet and novel at a time when people wanted frivolity and escape.

6. Marvel December 23, 2010 at 13:41 #

Its certainly a quirky dress but I only like some of the covers

7. Laura December 23, 2010 at 15:16 #

Great from a or standpoint for Miu Miu but I can’t imagine all these mags would be too happy. They don’t distinguish themselves very well if they all have the same cover dress.

8. Hannah December 23, 2010 at 18:16 #

I (my boyfriend) almost bought this dress, for some unknown reason. I never really liked it and I like it even less now. Yes, definitely a raise was in order!

9. Karen December 24, 2010 at 00:35 #

God, this dress really was overexposed. It was even featured on the mall directory for South Coast Plaza. UGH

10. mikeijames December 24, 2010 at 22:15 #

i’m glad you said that gold balmain dress stood as a runner up as it had so many international covers as well!

11. Clover December 26, 2010 at 08:52 #

I don’t even like the dress. There are so many other lovelier ones.

Great collage FC, I love seeing them all together! Is this *level* of repeats extremely unusual? I wouldn’t have thought they would keep using it after someone else already has.

12. STYLEQUOTE January 3, 2011 at 04:52 #

dear fashion critic: bubbly 2011
    i totally agree, and re-view there is a bow trend in the purple pics… good to see stylists had some fun with the black bow.
    definitely a pr masterstroke and thanks to u, we can re-view the year in fashion. kudos to your hard work :)