Who Wore Dolce & Gabbana Better? Alessandra Ambrosio or Winona Ryder

During Milan Spring 2011 Fashion Week, Alessandra Ambrosio attended the amfAR Milano 2010 event.

She opted for a loose, wavy chignon to complement her beautiful Dolce & Gabbana lace strapless dress with a full skirt.

Black satin pumps with a lace overlay and a simple necklace completed her look.

Winona Ryder wore the same dress on the red carpet at the 2010 Gotham Independent Film Awards which was held in New York City last month.

Winona made this look very 80s prom plus I really dislike her shoe choice.

Easy win for Alessandra.

Credit: Getty

Paz Vega In Fitriani Couture - amfAR Cinema Against Aids Gala

Paz Vega In Fitriani Couture – amfAR Cinema Against Aids Gala

Alexa Chung In Marc Jacobs - 2010 Trophee Des Arts Gala

Alexa Chung In Marc Jacobs – 2010 Trophee Des Arts Gala

11 Responses to Who Wore Dolce & Gabbana Better? Alessandra Ambrosio or Winona Ryder

1. Ayesha December 22, 2010 at 10:07 #

definitely Alessandra!

2. Dee December 22, 2010 at 10:15 #

I think what it came down to was the length of the dress. Alessandra has the height to pull off the dress while it gives Winona awkward proportions. Plus, Winona just doesn’t have the fierceness to create any interest in the dress. Just look at Alessandra’s pose!

3. happydaiz December 22, 2010 at 10:44 #

Winona’s expression makes it difficult to make an objective decision… :)

• Linda December 22, 2010 at 13:52 #

LOL – I had to put in an effort to get past that too as I wanted to be fair. Still, she definitley makes this look 80s prom, as fc said, and Alessandra looks a whole lot better.

• Gaber December 22, 2010 at 20:27 #

I thought I made fun of her facial expression, but it seems I was laughing too hard and I forgot and now you beat me to it!
      Poo!

It’s like looking at a younger Tina Fey.

4. T. December 22, 2010 at 10:57 #

Indeed, defenietly Alessandra!
    xx.

5. Lee Ann December 22, 2010 at 12:58 #

Alessandra looks better and would have aced it had she left the necklace at home. Winona’s arms look large-her pose doesn’t help and the shoes whilst probably perfect with a straight knee length skirt do not work with the dress. I think Winona shows why these dresses are difficult to wear if one isn’t stick thin. The length is also too long. More I look the more I think where was her full length mirror?

6. manja December 22, 2010 at 15:08 #

OMG W looks like she’s on something,totaly plastered

7. Jones19 December 22, 2010 at 19:16 #

LOL @ Winona’s buggy eyes. An easy win for Alessandra, this dress doesn’t look right on Winona…she’s too short for it.

8. Ethne Blist December 22, 2010 at 19:48 #

Winona obviously doesn’t have a stylist, if she does, that stylist needs to be fired. Black always looks awful on Winona. Can;’t she wear those designer clothes she stole?

9. karen December 22, 2010 at 22:44 #

Why does Winona have that startled look on her face. Obvious win for Alessandra. Dress doesn’t look right on Winona. She used to be so cute. What happened?