Who Wore Marchesa Better? Anne Hathaway or Katharine McPhee

Anne Hathaway looked stunning wearing a sapphire Marchesa feathered cocktail dress to the “Valentine’s Day” LA Premiere back in February.

The actress accessorized her dress with Garrard by Georgina Chapman diamond feather earrings and a Roger Viver black jewel encrusted clutch.

Katharine McPhee wore the same dress this month when she performed on ‘The CBS ‘Early Show’ in New York City.

I love how Katharine’s version is less tame than Anne’s dress and I also prefer Katharine’s strappy nude sandals, so she wins for me.

Credit: Startraks Photo/Rex Features & Getty

Karolina Kurkova In Preen - Lucky FABB: Fashion and Beauty Blog Conference

Karolina Kurkova In Preen – Lucky FABB: Fashion and Beauty Blog Conference

Exclusive Paul & Joe Collection For theOutnet.com

Exclusive Paul & Joe Collection For theOutnet.com

11 Responses to Who Wore Marchesa Better? Anne Hathaway or Katharine McPhee

1. Naomi December 21, 2010 at 11:02 #

This is a no-brainer for me.
    The bright lipstick, the ruffled feathers, the pretty sandals, the rings and gold bracelets – McPhee’s look is lighter and much more alive.

• Linda December 21, 2010 at 14:11 #

Yes, it’s amazing comparing them together, the contrast. Anne looks sort of staid and boring and McPhee looks vital and alive. That dress looks amazing one her.

• Ethne Blist December 21, 2010 at 18:38 #

I totally agree. At first glance I knew Katherine was the winner. She looks perfect. If she had been noticed in this she would have been nominated for BDOTW!

2. Alicat December 21, 2010 at 13:20 #

Totally agree. Katharine McPhee is glowing with sassy confidence in her wilder version of the dress. Anne Hathaway looks uncomfortable in the dress. Is it slightly too small, too short ? It’s hard to put your finger on but it’s not quite right.

3. mochababe73 December 21, 2010 at 13:24 #

As much as I don’t like Anne Hathaway’s style, I liked her in this dress better.
    For me, Katherine’s accessories and shoes are distracting.

4. Giuseppi Giraffe December 21, 2010 at 15:46 #

I thought this was a pretty tough choice- the dress looks quite different on both of them (and I think they both wore it well), but in the end I went with Anne Hathaway. I liked Katherine McPhee’s shoes a lot better, but that gold bangle is bothering me and I think the coloring works better for Anne.

5. Gaber December 21, 2010 at 18:56 #

As much as I prefer the dress on McPhee, I just can’t get over those shoes.
    I am not really impressed by either look.

6. aswa December 22, 2010 at 00:35 #

it’s lovely dress , i think Anne is better for me than katherine( too much accessories)

7. Ariel December 22, 2010 at 02:18 #

Katharine should really be up for BDOTW. She’s glowing. Love the lipstick shade & her gold accessories.

8. Taylor March 3, 2011 at 01:52 #

actually, it turns out tht katherine’s dress is a knockoff by Mandalay-no sure on the name but I know it’s not Marchesa. haha but she does look cute!! i would so wear this dress

9. kristin January 19, 2013 at 03:53 #

only hathaway has on a marchesa mcphee’s is mandelay and it is a hotter dress