21.12.10

Who Had The Best Red Carpet Promotional Tour Looks Of 2010?

Many of our favourite actresses went on amazing runs during their promo tours.

Jennifer Aniston for “The Bounty Hunter”

Jennifer Lopez for “The Back Up Plan”

Kristin Davis for “Sex And The City 2″

Hilary Swank for “Conviction”

Sarah Jessica Parker for “Sex And The City 2″

Emma Watson for “Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows: Part 1″

Kristen Stewart for “The Twilight Saga: Eclipse”

Natalie Portman for “Black Swan”

Who was your favourite?

Credit: ex, Zuma Press, INFEvents & Getty

Emmy Awards 2014 Fashion Critics’ Roundup

Emmy Awards 2014 Fashion Critics’ Roundup

Net-A-Porter US Sale - Further Reductions

Net-A-Porter US Sale – Further Reductions

29 Responses to Who Had The Best Red Carpet Promotional Tour Looks Of 2010?

1. anne December 21, 2010 at 13:37 #

I narrowed it down to Jennifer Lopez and Kristin Davis, as i loved every single look from their promotion tour, but in the end i voted for Jennifer as she had more looks and she gave us a little bit of everything.

• Brooke December 21, 2010 at 16:31 #

Agreed; I had the same hard choice but went with Lopez (despite my dislike for her personally) even though a couple of her ensembles weren’t my taste. I do think Kristin Davis deserves a lot of credit for doing an almost exclusively vintage tour, though!

2. Matt December 21, 2010 at 13:49 #

This was tough for me. I was either between Kristin Davis and HIlary Swank, but I think Hilary took more risks that paid off, so my vote went to her.

FC, speaking of Kristen Stewart, I think she should get some type of “Best Red Carpet Transformation” or something of that nature. She went from this grunge look (due to her Runaways movie) to sleek Prabal Gurung, Marchesa and Versace during the Eclipse promotional tour, to her Valentino. She has really evolved pretty well, in my opinion

3. The Dame December 21, 2010 at 13:54 #

Emma Watson for this and for best dressed of the year.

• Rahel December 21, 2010 at 21:09 #

Emma looks always very well made. It always look good. She has a fashion gene in her DNA. ;)

Personally I also like Ashley Greene’s style.

4. Alina December 21, 2010 at 14:08 #

I was torn between Kristin Davis and Jennifer Lopez but I picked Kristin because I loved every single look from that tour and because they are more my style.

5. Hisadora December 21, 2010 at 14:26 #

I liked Hilary’s promotional looks so she wins for me :)

6. mochababe73 December 21, 2010 at 14:34 #

Jennifer Lopez. She is a diva and is not afraid to take risks. Besides she did everything from casual to full-on glamour.

7. Moxie December 21, 2010 at 15:09 #

Emma and Natalie are tops. Emma’s is one of my picks for BDOTY, although I didn’t get to submit it. :(

8. fashion-mommy December 21, 2010 at 15:34 #

got to be SJP for the sheer drama of her sex and the city looks, and for being a McQueen muse!

9. yaz December 21, 2010 at 15:38 #

i like kristen stewart,because this year she wears beautiful dresses and her attitude is more relaxed and comfortable in the red carpet ,my vote goes for her.

10. Mille December 21, 2010 at 17:02 #

I picked Kristin, I loved that yellow dress and all the other looks was great too.

11. Hannah December 21, 2010 at 17:36 #

Can we vote for someone outside of those mentioned in this post (if there are any), because frankly I was not at all blown away by any of them?

• Fashion Critic December 21, 2010 at 17:52 #

yes if you want

12. Ethne Blist December 21, 2010 at 18:07 #

Not Kristen Stewart. She has had bad looks such as that awkward Oscar de la Renta look, BORING J. Mendel, awful Seoul Press Conference http://www.redcarpet-fashionawards.com/page/7/?s=%22kristen+stewart%22&x=0&y=0,

Just don’t care Jenny Kayne look at the Sydney Fan Event.

This award deserves consistency!

• Rahel December 21, 2010 at 21:08 #

The shirt which she wore in Sydney is the same she wore in Seoul. The only change is that it looks like she slept in it. Very elegant.

• Brooke December 21, 2010 at 23:00 #

Well, to be fair, the Balenciaga was quite a standout, as was the Proenza Schouler. Otherwise I’m in agreement – not impressive.

• molly December 22, 2010 at 07:07 #

Yea, but she still didnt sell it as well as other women could have. So many of those looks could have been stunning if she knew (or cared) how to carry herself. A new hair style couldnt hurt either.

13. Ethne Blist December 21, 2010 at 18:22 #

I vote for Ashley Greene because she tends to get criticized and tends to not be given enough credit.

She looked looked fabulous and spot on in her L’Wren Scott Fall 2010 mini dress.
    She went sophisticated lady-like chic in her Azzaro Pre-Fall 2010 dress.
    Ashley looked glamorous wearing a Donna Karan Resort 2011 dress.
    Her Michael Kors looks was obviously a risk, and I think she pulled it off, even with the cowboy belt.
    She glowed wearing a nude vintage Bill Blass dress.

• Brooke December 21, 2010 at 23:15 #

I think she gets plenty of credit – for being the champion of the far-too-tight bust (including that L’Wren, which was almost so great), for desecrating Antonio Berardi by unzipping it too far, not knowing how to wear her Behnaz Sarafpour, and seemingly sleeping in her Giorgio Armani before front row. Plus, the Bottega Veneta red suit had so much potential that will never be realized. The Michael Kors look you mention is literally laugh-out-loud bad. Her styling is just the pits.

Admittedly she is a very pretty girl who makes a decent hanger for a minidress and heels, but best dressed? Not so much.

14. justme December 21, 2010 at 18:38 #

I picked Kristin Davis because she was flawless and all kinds of amazingly consistent during the SATC 2 promo tour.

15. Lianna December 21, 2010 at 20:08 #

Emma Watson!

16. Elaine December 21, 2010 at 23:15 #

While Emma completely floored me in the rafael lopez lace and feather dress & is one of my hopefuls for BDOTY, the rest of her promo tour was not as exciting. Jennifer Lopez for wins this for me as she had an amazing run during this promo tour with many varied looks,

17. Rebel December 22, 2010 at 01:15 #

Jennifer Lopez hands down

18. crazyme47 December 22, 2010 at 05:32 #

Definitely Kristin Davis in Vintage Jean Desses from Decades.Inc.
    I love how that gown gave a such a freshness to her but don’t killed the classic look of Kristin.

19. shilpi December 22, 2010 at 06:47 #

Emma

20. Ayesha December 22, 2010 at 07:06 #

Hilary and SJP win here.

21. noo December 22, 2010 at 09:59 #

i voted for elle fanning, she wears edgy and couture with confidence and i continue to be dazzled by her

22. Ingrid December 23, 2010 at 14:44 #