Michelle Obama In Marc Jacobs – White House Reception Room

President Barack Obama and First Lady Michelle Obama pretend to sing with an a cappella group in the Diplomatic Reception Room of the White House during a holiday reception recently.

The First Lady looked radiant as always.

I’m sure you’re just as surprised as I am to see her wearing her first Marc Jacobs dress from the Fall 2010 collection.

She added customary kitten heels to her chocolate brown sheath dress which is decorated with paillettes down the front but it’s plain on the back.

Despite Marc Jacobs being one of ‘the’ American designers, I wouldn’t have thought Michelle wear his designs but she picked a lady-like piece that suits her sense of style.

Would she be so bold as to pick a look from the Spring 2011 collection?

Credit: Style.com & Official White House Photo by Samantha Appleton

Bellamy Young In Alice + Olivia - 'Scandal' Monte Carlo Television Festival Photocall

Bellamy Young In Alice + Olivia – ‘Scandal’ Monte Carlo Television Festival Photocall

Alexa Chung In Marc Jacobs - 2010 Trophee Des Arts Gala

Alexa Chung In Marc Jacobs – 2010 Trophee Des Arts Gala

17 Responses to Michelle Obama In Marc Jacobs – White House Reception Room

1. molly December 21, 2010 at 17:53 #

I really like this. She makes it very fun yet sophisticated. She has a wonderful body and she looks really great whenever she highlights it.

• Ethne Blist December 21, 2010 at 18:25 #

This may sound crazy, but part of me would love to see her wear Herve Leger in a statement that not only skinny twenty-somethings can look beautiful with curves. But it would have to be a demure Herve Leger dress.

• molly December 21, 2010 at 22:32 #

I would love that!
        Maybe a black or creme scoop neck Herve Leger and paired with some Brian Atwood pumps and a black blazer! Or a bandage skirt with a pretty blouse…damn, if only i was her stylist….(:

2. Ethne Blist December 21, 2010 at 17:58 #

Good look for Mrs. O. She’s got her bling on, and every lady needs that. I am surprised as anyone about her wearing Marc, but I don’t think it’s a good. fit. Occasionally some pieces might work like this one, but he’s too…’wacky’ for her lady-like style.

3. mm December 21, 2010 at 18:03 #

She looks fantastic. Great choice for the event.

4. Jarrold December 21, 2010 at 18:05 #

WORK! This was my favorite piece from that collection and Im glad she made it shine

5. LEGA December 21, 2010 at 18:30 #

i like your look

6. justme December 21, 2010 at 18:36 #

I don’t know why but I love the fact that she’s so tall.
    Anyway, she looks very nice. But I’m not sure her wearing Marc Jacobs should become a recurrent thing unless she finds lady-like pieces like this dress.

7. dee December 21, 2010 at 19:07 #

She looks great in this dress. It’s very flattering and shows off her nice figure.

8. anne December 21, 2010 at 19:38 #

Wow! unexpected but i really like it. In fact i like everything she wears. I would add Michelle Obama and princess Letizia of Spain to my list of perfectly dressed in every occasion.

9. Donna December 21, 2010 at 19:42 #

She looks great-as usual.

10. Lee Ann December 21, 2010 at 21:53 #

She looks fabulous.

11. Hannah December 22, 2010 at 01:48 #

I mak no secret of my love of michelle obama. She is ever-chic. This is a perfectly chosen dress, it suits her beautifully and it is good to see that despite teh heavy embellishment on the dress, she has not lost ehr ability to accessorize, those earrings are incredible.

12. Jones19 December 22, 2010 at 02:37 #

Wow didn’t think she would go for something so sparkly. Love it!

13. mochababe73 December 22, 2010 at 02:45 #

Perfect dress for the season. Christmas is the time of sparkle.
    The only thing that I don’t like about the dress is the fact that the sequins were not all over. It looks unfinished.
    But, the woman looks amazing.

14. Jamie December 22, 2010 at 05:50 #

She looks fantastic as usual. Too bad her husband can’t govern as well she dresses. She looks lovely as always.

15. mikeijames December 24, 2010 at 22:13 #

mrs. o really is fashion’s top diplomat: not only did she choose a quintessential michelle obama dress — sleeveless, photographs well, body conscious — but she chose from one of the most classic marc jacobs collections we’ve seen in years.