Victoria Beckham In Alexander McQueen – BBC Sports Personality Awards

The Beckhams are back in the UK to celebrate Christmas at home.

Last night they had a family night out at the BBC Sports Personality Awards, where David was honoured with a ‘Lifetime Achievement Award’.

It was quite an emotional occasion. Even the normally stern-faced Victoria couldn’t hide her emotions as she cried when David collected his award.

On the red carpet before the event we saw the Victoria Beckham we are used to seeing.

Pout, trademark pose and Brian Atwood Dante pumps, but on this occasion she didn’t use the red carpet to show off her own designs.

As Victoria doesn’t design coats she wore a luxe camel Alexander McQueen wool-crepe strong-shouldered coat.

The coat shows that VB can do pared-down chic whilst still giving us a strong style statement.

She looked ultra elegant despite the sub-zero temperatures.

Inside the venue a tearful Victoria revealed a gorgeous black one-shouldered dress from her own collection.

Credit: Style.com, BBC & Getty

Which Was Your Favourite Natalie Portman “Black Swan” Promotional Tour Look?

Which Was Your Favourite Natalie Portman “Black Swan” Promotional Tour Look?

In Victoria Beckham's Closet - Alexander McQueen Strong-Shouldered Coat & Brian Atwood Dante Pumps

In Victoria Beckham’s Closet – Alexander McQueen Strong-Shouldered Coat & Brian Atwood Dante Pumps

24 Responses to Victoria Beckham In Alexander McQueen – BBC Sports Personality Awards

1. Terry December 20, 2010 at 11:06 #

I would have liked to see her wearing the original belt on the coat. Btw, she looked gorgeous, even if her longer hair still hasn’t grown on me.

2. Z FASHION BLOG December 20, 2010 at 11:36 #

It looks completely anonymous on her..

This outfit’s most interesting part is the belt.
    That justifies the simplicity of the ensemble itself..

• lici_u December 20, 2010 at 14:14 #

Yeah, that’s right, but David and the kids look great!

• Rebecca December 20, 2010 at 15:00 #

Ditto–without the belt the coat is a snooze.

3. Lee Ann December 20, 2010 at 11:50 #

I have been eying this coat at Harvey Nichols as it is quite chic. Having said that I have never seen the belt with it so maybe it is sold separately. Her hair looks like rat tails.

• Lee Ann December 20, 2010 at 13:00 #

Actually maybe the belt is hanging from the hanger and hidden, I will look more carefully next time I am at HN but for now have been trying to keep a safe distance away from it so that my family doesn’t eat cat food this Christmas.

4. Alicat December 20, 2010 at 12:02 #

I love the coat, especially on the model and with the belt. VB looks very severe in the photo. Perhaps she could try and look a little softer in a family photo. The three kids look gorgeous.

5. Vidhya December 20, 2010 at 12:07 #

was it a spring 2011 that she was wearing inside?

• Fashion Critic December 20, 2010 at 12:11 #

I don’t know. I didn’t watch the show and I can only see the top of the dress from the picture

6. Marvel December 20, 2010 at 12:07 #

It looks completely useless on her. She should have added the belt for the pure fact that it makes the look intresting

7. Hannah December 20, 2010 at 17:26 #

She could have maybe changed her pose for one night to look like she wasn’t repulsed by her husband and children.

• Emi December 21, 2010 at 10:05 #

LOL!!! You’re so right, she seems bothered by her own family. Very funny comment.

• Clover December 26, 2010 at 09:08 #

STAND UP STRAIGHT VICKY FOR HEAVENS SAKE!

8. mochababe73 December 21, 2010 at 05:23 #

I actually like the coat without the belt.
    I am glad that she showed some emotion other than “I don’t want to be bothered”.

9. Emi December 21, 2010 at 10:11 #

The coat is beautiful but the beautiful belt was necessary. I don’t know…there’s something about this woman I really dislike, she always seem “basted” to use a word we use in my hometown to describe something that I can’t write here because it’s too vulgar, and FC would censor my comment… But I consider her so lucky for her super sexy hubby, soooo lucky.

• Alicat December 21, 2010 at 13:32 #

lol I tried to look up what “basted” might mean but only found the sewing term. I have a difficult time liking her too. Everything about her seems so staged and forced. Even in the family photo she has taken on a ridiculous pose. Does she ever relax and look like she’s enjoying her life?

• Emi December 21, 2010 at 18:18 #

It’s right, it’s the sewing term, which we use to describe a person who is stiff and never spontaneous because when something is basted it’s easy to rip it, so you cannot move freely. I hope I explained it well. Let me just say that “basted” also means that you have a stick in a certain place… understand? FC, sorry for being not a lady…

• Fashion Critic December 21, 2010 at 18:48 #

say what you feel x

• Clover December 26, 2010 at 09:17 #

Too cute Emi!

10. Awdah December 21, 2010 at 11:22 #

That night was for David. I assume she didn’t want to over shine him by wearing that chunky belt. I think what she wore was appropriate. A little bit of color wouldn’t hurt though.

11. Jones19 December 21, 2010 at 17:04 #

I cried too, mainly because of that beautiful Take That song being played when he walked up on stage. Vicky looks flawless as usual but David’s hair looks atrocious, parted down the middle is a big no no Sir David.

12. LINDA December 21, 2010 at 18:43 #

I dont get everyones fascination with her, as far as I am concerned her look is generic and too contrived. Now all of a sudden she is trying to convince us that she is chic and sophisticated yet go back a little and she looked like a cheap hooker. Her makeup is always caked on and unnatural never does she look soft.