17.12.10 Premiere

Angelina Jolie In Atelier Versace – “The Tourist” Madrid Premiere

The second picture revealed the full story and my heart sank a little, then it took me about 30 secs to fall in love with this look.

She’s glowing in her Atelier Versace ensemble.

It would’ve been amazing had her Swarovski encrusted top been a dress.

Instead she paired her stunning top with a black velvet skirt and then added a matching shawl.

She looks so very elegant and despite the inclusion of black, this feels refreshing.

Credit: PiccApp/Getty

Menswear Midweek Red Carpet Roundup

Menswear Midweek Red Carpet Roundup

Christina Aguilera In Alberta Ferretti - "Burlesque" Berlin Premiere

Christina Aguilera In Alberta Ferretti – “Burlesque” Berlin Premiere

65 Responses to Angelina Jolie In Atelier Versace – “The Tourist” Madrid Premiere

1. Vidhya December 17, 2010 at 10:01 #

oh god.. i thot she looked terrible.. the skirt is already a bit too voluminous and the added shawl just makes her get lost.. its creepy infact.. a thin torso on top of all that fabric..

2. wilwarin December 17, 2010 at 10:07 #

love the top the rest is horror show… i really don’t like her attitude anymore… she gives that vibe i’m way better than the others, i’m so original so she wears lots of awful things on red carpet… and her hair is other horror of its own…

• LizLemooooon December 17, 2010 at 14:17 #

So because she wears things that you don’t expect on the red carpet she thinks she’s better than people. This sounds a bit delusional…

3. manja December 17, 2010 at 10:20 #

i like it,to me she looks beautiful,elegant and true to herself

4. Katie December 17, 2010 at 10:21 #

Her stylist is on TEAM ANISTON

• Lee Ann December 17, 2010 at 10:57 #

That made me laugh

• justme December 17, 2010 at 13:58 #

LOL yes, you are so right.

• Kaz December 17, 2010 at 13:59 #

LOL – touche!

• Rachel December 17, 2010 at 14:50 #

Genius!! LOL
        The top is great, but the rest is horror show…

• Ethne Blist December 17, 2010 at 16:51 #

FC, you said my reaction: “I got super excited when I saw Angelina Jolie at “The Tourist” Madrid Premiere, but that was because the first picture I saw was a cropped picture.” But my joy stopped there. The top is nice, but everything else is depressing. Maybe in a different color than black, deep blue…I would have at least been not as furious.

• Taylor December 17, 2010 at 18:14 #

Best comment ever. The only thing good about this picture is her arm candy.

5. msd December 17, 2010 at 10:40 #

I’m generally underwhelmed by what she wears but I really like this. Not sure I love it but I like it a lot. I dig long skirts in general, plus the contrasting texture of the shimmery top and the velvet skirt also appeals to me.

6. Dorian Gray December 17, 2010 at 10:45 #

Maybe for the very first time I don’t like an Atelier Versace gown. There is something that doesn’t work, she looks beautiful but the shawl was a wrong choice.

7. CreoleLady December 17, 2010 at 10:46 #

Fail. The skirt looks like draperies next to that top. The top and bottom could have looked wonderful – if each had been paired with something else. Together, awful. They look so random. Texture and weight of each does not complement the other. Shawl just makes it mumsy.

• june December 17, 2010 at 11:38 #

i have to agree with you. top and bottom really just don’t match. at all.

8. Snarky Sharky December 17, 2010 at 10:52 #

It’s the first look of the tour that I kinda hated. In the photo it felt like the top of her dress just slid down and revealed the cami underneath. It should have been a nude bejeweled dress all the way, like you said.

• Cristina December 17, 2010 at 13:05 #

Thats exactly what I thought on first glance at the picture! I was like “OMG. Wardrobe malfunction! Her black velvet caftan is sliding off!”

9. camelias December 17, 2010 at 11:08 #

I love it! My favorite look of the tour so far!

10. Rahel December 17, 2010 at 11:12 #

I don’t like any of her dresses for the premieres of The Tourist. Everything looks so old-fashioned.

The top would have looked amazing with a plain black skirt but now it looks like she found the skirt of her grandma.

11. Wendy December 17, 2010 at 11:19 #

I don’t know why but this look blow me away
    Maybe because it’s not usual red carpet look,and we don’t get a chance to see something like this all the time.
    I love it!
    And Brad is hot…:D :D

12. Alina December 17, 2010 at 11:34 #

HATE IT!

13. Alicat December 17, 2010 at 11:34 #

Agree with CreoleLady. The top and the skirt do not go together. The top is so body hugging and the skirt so voluminous and in such contrasting textures. She also looks emaciated.

• Linda December 17, 2010 at 14:05 #

My thoughts precisely, especially the emaciated part. The scary part is that the camera puts on ten pounds, doesn’t it?

14. J December 17, 2010 at 11:44 #

I like the contrast actually, I’ve been reading everybody’s comments and I completely understand all of your reactions. I just wonder whether we would say the same if somebody else was wearing this. The styling’s not half bad, although the hair is same old same old… maybe we should just settle and be pleasantly surprised once every 200 events. I don’t think she’s ever fugly, I guess that should be enough. I really do wish she’s put on some weight though.

15. D December 17, 2010 at 11:46 #

why is it black velve everyone….. velve doesnt go with the swarovski encrusted top.

does jolie have a stylist? I know she doesnt have a publicist or an agent

• Dorian Gray December 17, 2010 at 13:18 #

She has more than a stylist, she’s got Donatella Versace that creates custom made dresses only for her! Wow!

• D December 17, 2010 at 13:53 #

true… actually i like this look more now, after coming back to it after few hours…

• Dorian Gray December 17, 2010 at 14:09 #

You’re right too. Versace is never a safe choice so it takes time to really appreciate it. This dress is growing on me too (but I hate the shawl).

16. Naomi December 17, 2010 at 12:19 #

I really don’t like this dress. And Angelina doesn’t work it. There’s no energy, no attitude, no grace or personality.
    She look like she could use a good night of sleep, or ten.

17. daisy dukes December 17, 2010 at 12:35 #

A few extra pounds a glow and a smile were what this top needed. On a fleshy type woman with rounded arms and a heaving bosom a la Elizabeth Taylor back when, or Kim Catrall or Hayden Panettiere today, it would be smashing. On a thin broad shoulder it comes across as too ballerina-ish, it draws our attention there but on arrival there is nothing really to look at.

18. Hannah December 17, 2010 at 12:36 #

I like it, she looks a hell of a lot better than she has recently, I still wish her hair would change more, btu her makeup is nice. OVerall it is anice dress, but by no means BDOTW for me, simply because I don’t think it is better than any of the much more interesting looks we get given and have been given this week by otehr people, who don’t surprise us because they aren’t wearing full black, if that makes any sense at all.

19. Luis December 17, 2010 at 13:01 #

I think Angelina need more support for her boobs, she is getting older.

• D December 17, 2010 at 13:55 #

yeah she aged so quickly =( is she only 35 or something… or perhaps shes the only one in hollywood who doesnt bother with botox??

20. Marvel December 17, 2010 at 13:45 #

I think this look is beyond boring. While the top is nice, paired with the skirt is looks sooooo boring.

21. adrien December 17, 2010 at 14:02 #

Being that skinny is so unnatural on her… I feel like I could break her arm with just one finger!

I kinda like the look but I wish I could see a picture without the shawl. What I like is the texture combination.

22. Jen December 17, 2010 at 14:08 #

She lost me at the long black velvet skirt. Well, and the hair. And the fact that she needs to eat something. Despite all that, she’s got a beautiful face. But I can’t get behind this outfit.

23. cindy December 17, 2010 at 14:09 #

I love the dress but I don’t like the shawl with it. Looks like all along the promotional tour she’s been trying to hide her arms with long sleeves, or gloves. And yesterday it was the shawl! Other than that, I think it’s a great dress, she’s very elegant in it.

24. LizLemooooon December 17, 2010 at 14:20 #

I’m a serious fan of Jolie’s but even I can’t explain this outfit. I think it’s a mess. Obviously she still looks stunning but she always does. This dress is just awful and I don’t understand how Versace can give Eva Mendes such stunning pieces to wear like that fringed number and then give Jolie crap like this.
    I guess they are trying to appeal to her gothic sensibilities because this doesn’t really seem like Versace either.
    Her hair is an improvement from that Sarah Palin thing she used to do though but only just…

25. shap_half December 17, 2010 at 15:52 #

she looks good, but i thought she was mannequin when i first saw the photos.

26. Elisa December 17, 2010 at 16:27 #

Horrible. Reminds me of the awful Gwyneth Paltrow-oscar dress from 2002. A dress that still gives me goosebumps. And I don’t mean that in the good way :-)

27. lily December 17, 2010 at 16:40 #

nightmare.. I looked at it again n again trying to like it, but I just can’t.. I’m in love with her white angora versace gown but this is, I don’t even know how to explain it.. her hair, face and thin body makes it worse.. I remembered she used to be voluptuous before Brad, why so skinny now?

28. karen December 17, 2010 at 17:19 #

I’m a big Angelina fan but this is not good. Top and bottom don’t go together. I enjoy looking at the second picture more where the skirt is cut off. Her hair ages her. She needs to fire her hair stylist.

29. robbie December 17, 2010 at 17:42 #

HORRIBLE!

30. Mille December 17, 2010 at 18:38 #

I guess I’m the only one that likes this look.

• Fashion Critic December 17, 2010 at 18:40 #

I like it too

• Renske December 20, 2010 at 11:41 #

You’re not the only one, I think she looks beautiful :)

31. Tahj December 17, 2010 at 19:18 #

The bottom doesn’t look right with the top. Here with Brad again! Promote your movie not your relationship. I bet they are only now turning up to every premiere around the world because it’s extra promotion for her stinker of a film. lol.

• LILY December 18, 2010 at 02:53 #

haha, in every thread of her you repeat the same lethany… now that’s boring, I’d rather look at that beautiful top with so many possibilities!

32. mochababe73 December 17, 2010 at 19:22 #

That top would have been amazing as a full-length gown.
    To be honestly, it looks like two different dresses put together. In this instance, sequins and velvet with the shawl is just wrong.

33. moja31 December 17, 2010 at 20:11 #

she looks like she wrapped some heavy drapes around her bathing suit and called it a day, before taking her place in the bridesmaid lineup.

34. Rose December 17, 2010 at 20:39 #

I love this look. The velvet texture of the skirt gives a soft balance to the Swarovski top, and more importantly, the skirt gives off the illusion that she gained weight. She does look older, but more in the way of a dignified “mistress of the house” manner, and she seems to like working that angle.

Overall, it’s classy and refreshing, and her skin is glowing.

35. Jones19 December 17, 2010 at 21:58 #

Don’t like it at all, the top and the skirt don’t go together.

36. lulu December 18, 2010 at 00:49 #

I quite like the op skirt errm far too skinny

37. mari December 18, 2010 at 02:58 #

I some how wish ethe skirt were even fluffier]! and not, her torso is not that thin, her arms look thin, but they have been like that for years, I guess she was more rounded for Lara Croft.
    Love how she can pull this off being that she is a tall lady. And I guess she’s been dressing trying to be more elegant o “ladylike”, and respecting more or less the look she had in the film, even if it is categorized as a comedy. I understand that her character in the movie was wearing gloves and gowns, etc.

38. Sophie December 18, 2010 at 03:42 #

I love this look! Ugh, sometimes Angie is just plain REGAL! This is one of those times. I loved the entire frock the minute I saw it. LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE this. Love her hair, and the simplistic makeup. Is it me or does even Brad look good too?

So happy we are on the same page!!

39. asherlev1 December 18, 2010 at 05:39 #

Haha, oh god, tricked by the cropped shot! Yeah, I think I would have literally squeaked if she had gone full out sparkly, but we take what we can get, eh? I think this is much better too.

Gahh, sometimes I wish I could pick a gown out and just give it to her and be like, “Wear THIS, Angelina. I swear you’ll look great.” Lol.

40. b December 18, 2010 at 11:48 #

Oh god

I thought this was her wax figure.

41. Ayesha December 18, 2010 at 12:39 #

She looks beautiful,but is she going to wear ONLY Versace

42. Sophia December 18, 2010 at 13:26 #

I think she looked absolutely beautiful! The dress is really something special and I think Angelina is one of the few who can rock such an elegant outfit.

43. sam December 18, 2010 at 15:24 #

love the dress, hate the hair and makeup, it’s so ageing and outdated.

44. Annel December 18, 2010 at 20:14 #

I like it! It is very elegant. I don’t like the shawl though. Too much black velvet.

45. Dominika December 18, 2010 at 23:26 #

She could easly win worst dressed of the year in this… thing.

46. Hisadora December 20, 2010 at 20:35 #

Absolutely amazing!!!!!! LOVE IT.

47. sigh January 17, 2011 at 03:46 #

The look is off…it makes her head look huge!

48. s February 4, 2011 at 13:30 #

she looks so HORRIBLE in this dress.