16.12.10 Advertising

Rumer Wills For Badgley Mischka Spring 2011

Rumer Willis will be appearing in Badgley Mischka’s Spring 2011 ad campaign.

Mark Badgley and James Mischka, stated, “We adore Rumer, she is glamorous, youthful and fun. Rumer captures the spirit of all of our spring collections, especially our newly launched Mark + James collection.”

The campaign was recently shot by fashion photographer Tony Duran in Malibu.

Rumer will be featured in all of the brand’s lifestyle collections including couture evening wear, the younger Mark & James collection, as well as footwear, handbags, jewelry and swimwear.

The campaign will debut in the March issue of fashion and lifestyle magazines such as, Vogue, InStyle, Harper’s Bazaar.

The dress she’s wearing above was recently worn by Katy Perry at the 2010 American Music Awards.

Credit: Style.com

Florence Welch In Richard Nicoll – SPIN Magazine ’2010 Year In Music’ Party

Florence Welch In Richard Nicoll – SPIN Magazine ’2010 Year In Music’ Party

Nicola Roberts In Vivienne Westwood - 2010 A Night Of Heroes: The Sun Military Awards

Nicola Roberts In Vivienne Westwood – 2010 A Night Of Heroes: The Sun Military Awards

30 Responses to Rumer Wills For Badgley Mischka Spring 2011

1. artemis December 16, 2010 at 17:33 #

Sorry but I think that there is a bunch of beautiful, amazing,professional models outhere who could be the face of the campaign! but I can say nothing, they choosed her! :-)

• CB December 16, 2010 at 18:35 #

I couldn’t have said it better. Rumer Willis, really?? REALLY??!?!?!

2. robbie December 16, 2010 at 17:38 #

“she is glamourous” wtf were they on drugs when they said that? rumer willis is many things but glamourous personally i wouldnt say isnt one of them.

pretty dress though.

• Ethne Blist December 16, 2010 at 18:00 #

This is a HORRIBLE decision. Rumer Willis has awful style. Come on guys, actually say it out loud. She is not even attractive and has not done much to deserve to be the face of an ad campaign. She doesn’t even have a pretty face! I know that’s mean, but it’s the truth and people have to actually care about your campaign girl.

• robbie December 16, 2010 at 18:11 #

agree completely.

no doubt he mummy and daddy managed to make it happen.

• artemis December 16, 2010 at 19:12 #

haha..you are right! :-)

• manja December 17, 2010 at 10:50 #

agree completely with Ethne,bad decision in every way

3. amber December 16, 2010 at 18:02 #

odd odd choice..

4. chrystelle December 16, 2010 at 18:25 #

Only a post like this can make me almost forget the pain of the chemo. WTF were they thinking??? Rumer Willis glamourous?? let’s hope they choose her because she was cheaper to get!!!

keep up the good work FC! your website is what sometimes gets me through the day.Thanks for sharing your passion with us.

Happy Holidays to you and your readers!!!!

• Fashion Critic December 16, 2010 at 19:16 #

Thank you. I hope you enjoy your holiday too xx

• Linda December 17, 2010 at 05:00 #

Chrystelle, I’ll keep you in my prayers. I hope you have a wonderful and pain free Christmas season.

• CreoleLady December 17, 2010 at 11:00 #

LOL, I’d be the perfect Valli girl – Giambattista that is….

• CreoleLady December 17, 2010 at 14:49 #

My apologies to Linda and Chrystelle, I intended my comment about being a Valli girl as a reply to a different post. And I too hope for a joyous pain-free holiday for Chrystelle. All my best.

• Linda December 17, 2010 at 23:55 #

LOL – I was wondering how your comment connected to the thread! Happy holiday to you too…

5. mochababe73 December 16, 2010 at 18:43 #

Hmmmm…I am surprised. I would never picture Rumer as the face of a high end design house. Maybe Guess or H&M. Forever 21. But, her body is amazing in the dress.
    Strange choice.

6. klara December 16, 2010 at 19:32 #

i dont care about rumer – i dontt know she doesnt wow me anytime, but i cant say shes ugly… but the only thing i really hate is that her dresses are always sooooooooo down on her chest, it looks weird i always want to put them up ;)

7. JJovana3 December 16, 2010 at 19:33 #

Oh WHY????????? WHY????????????WHY???????????????????

8. Jones19 December 16, 2010 at 19:53 #

Rumer Willis a Badgley Mischka model? Please excuse while I go book my Dolce & Gabbana ad campaign.

• Ethne Blist December 17, 2010 at 03:33 #

Haha! Sign me for Chanel!

• Alicat December 17, 2010 at 07:41 #

I have first refusal on Elie Saab and I’ll do it for nothing!

Seriously, I don’t understand how the choice of Ms Willis will inspire anyone to purchase from Madgley Mischka. She just hasn’t got “it”. I am sure she has other talents but a fashion model is not one of them.

• CreoleLady December 17, 2010 at 10:58 #

LOL, I’d be the perfect Valli girl – Giambattista that is.

9. Lee Ann December 16, 2010 at 19:58 #

The dress is stunning and she has a good body so below the neck is good . Above the neck not so. I really would have preferred to see karlie wear this dress. She is glamourous, youthful and fun.

10. Carolina December 16, 2010 at 20:20 #

Rumer? Really? She will scare the consumers.

11. Leti December 16, 2010 at 20:33 #

Whatever else you might say about Rumer, she has an enviable figure, and I think the dress looks better on her than on the runway model.

• Linda December 17, 2010 at 05:01 #

Agreed, and it looks a lot better than it did on Katy Perry too. I think she looks really nice here.

12. karen December 16, 2010 at 23:08 #

From the neck down the dress looks good. I hate to say it but Rumer is not that attractive. She’s got good looking parents but she wasn’t fortunate enough to inherit any of it.

13. Hannah December 17, 2010 at 00:39 #

I see why they picked her : gorgeous body, some media attention, probably a cheaper offering (than sya taylor swift or miley cyrus et al), and because her mother has a lot of influence and importance and following.
    Speaking of celebrity as model, have you seen the new versace ads with january jones, I seriously lvoe her, but only now am I fully getting why she has been a brand ambassador for so long, she blew me away with how powerful she looks.

14. Syd December 17, 2010 at 01:09 #

Nice body but that’s about it. She looks too much like her dad.

15. vanwu December 17, 2010 at 09:22 #

Eww. Sorry. Rumer is anything BUT attractive.

16. Marvel December 17, 2010 at 13:47 #

Really. First Teri Hatcher and now Rummer?

I bet she asked Mommy for this ‘job’