Florence Welch In Richard Nicoll – SPIN Magazine ’2010 Year In Music’ Party

Florence Welch of ‘Florence and the Machine’ was in New York City last night performing at SPIN Magazine’s ’2010 Year in Music’ party at Don Hill’s.

The British singer has been really upping her game when to comes to performance looks ranging from Elie Saab to Chanel to this gorgeous Richard Nicoll pleated crepe de chine dress from the Spring 2011 collection.

Her pleated mini nude dress has a cape-like detail falling from her shoulders plus a peachy patent neckline and waistband. This was the perfect look for her dramatic performance.

Florence isn’t all about the voice when she performs. She often picks looks that will give her plenty of movement and help fill the stage which is why they all have capes or voluminous sleeves.

Like the model she paired her dress with nude shoes, but Florence opted for suede pumps over peep-toes.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Style Spotlight - Kate Lanphear

Style Spotlight – Kate Lanphear

Rumer Wills For Badgley Mischka Spring 2011

Rumer Wills For Badgley Mischka Spring 2011

9 Responses to Florence Welch In Richard Nicoll – SPIN Magazine ’2010 Year In Music’ Party

1. Catriona December 16, 2010 at 16:14 #

She looks great, as usual, although I’d love to see her in something other than black or neutral.

How amazing would she look in green? I share your love of redheads in green.

2. Alexandra December 16, 2010 at 16:16 #

I LOVE her and everything about this look. great singer and her on-stage looks always compliment her music just perfectly. you Brits must be very proud of her!

• Ethne Blist December 16, 2010 at 16:41 #

I agree. This is a good choice for her, even though I never thought she’d wear Richard Nicoll. Peach is a good color on her.

3. karen December 16, 2010 at 18:34 #

I’ve only seen her a couple of times and she has certainly caught my eye. Very fashionable singer.

4. mochababe73 December 16, 2010 at 18:46 #

I like the dress on the runway. Maybe it’s the lighting that’s not appealing to me. And, her legs look strange. Do they have mosquito bites on them?
    Anyway, I like the dress as performance wear, but until this week, I have never heard of this woman.

5. artemis December 16, 2010 at 19:24 #

I like this girl so much because she is unique! I think she makes always great choices for her appearances!

6. Hannah December 17, 2010 at 00:42 #

Love her, adn I so hope to see ehr live someday. I adore Florence, and this dress, which I never thought I would see worn, so I am so glad she wore it. Thankyou for posting this, because I doubt i woudl hav eseen it otherwise.

7. Pablo December 17, 2010 at 09:29 #

Love love love Florence and The Machine! It’s so great when a singer is so fashion forward! If I was a singing superstar (hahaha) I’d also take advantage and go for awesome looks like Florence does. Plus, her voice is heavenly.. :)

8. Marvel December 17, 2010 at 13:48 #

I do kinda like the dress but I cant believe she is in her 20′s.