This is the second time I’ve been pleasantly surprised by the Carolina Herrera Spring 2011 collection off the runway.

The first time was by Camilla Belle, now Angie Harmon.

Angie was joined by Rosario Dawson at LA’s Pacific Design Center Silver Screen Theater earlier today to announce the 2011 Screen Actors Guild Award nominations.

She looked divine wearing a Carolina Herrera Spring 2011 colour-block dress with a lace yoke.

It’s a chic look. She totally working and owing this look.

Black pumps and loose ponytail completed her look.

This is will teach me not to write off a collection until it has been worn on the red carpet.

I was convinced I would dislike anyone wearing this collection.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Nicola Roberts In Vivienne Westwood - 2010 A Night Of Heroes: The Sun Military Awards

Nicola Roberts In Vivienne Westwood – 2010 A Night Of Heroes: The Sun Military Awards

In Blake Lively's Closet - Twelfth St. by Cynthia Vincent Blanket Sweater

In Blake Lively’s Closet – Twelfth St. by Cynthia Vincent Blanket Sweater

37 Responses to Angie Harmon In Carolina Herrera – Screen Actors Guild Awards Nominations Announcement

1. Ethne Blist December 16, 2010 at 19:11 #

Great look for Angie! She is daring and bold yet chic, so this Carolina dress works with her, She often goes for Michael Kors or Oscar de la Renta, so her and Carolina Herrera is a nice change.

2. artemis December 16, 2010 at 19:14 #

I don’t like the dress but she looks beautiful and chic in it!

3. noo December 16, 2010 at 19:22 #

this is my favorite dress of the collection! angie is awesome in it :D btow worthy!

4. Gigi December 16, 2010 at 19:22 #

What is that rectangular “name plate” under the flowers on the skirt. Looks weird, and kind of spoils the look for me. Please blow up picture if possible.

thanks.

5. klara December 16, 2010 at 19:29 #

this is a very very great look :) i was disappointed by the whole herrera collection – i couldnt imagine to see this so beautiful on the red carpet!
    and a very rare occasion i like black pumps – but they compliment the black motiv on the skirt very well ;)

6. JJovana3 December 16, 2010 at 19:32 #

Sorry, but I cant look pass her politics, I dont care what she wears.

7. Lee Ann December 16, 2010 at 19:40 #

This dress translates so much better in real life than on the runway. She looks lovely.

8. Jones19 December 16, 2010 at 19:51 #

She looks chic here but I can’t get over the name tag looking print on her crotch!

9. Suz December 16, 2010 at 19:51 #

I have the same question as Gigi above. That rectangle does look like a name tag. I’m with you from the waist up, but I can’t like the pattern on the bottom.

10. nahla December 16, 2010 at 19:51 #

I like the dress and her look ,

11. dee December 16, 2010 at 20:29 #

She looks good but I agree with everyone else. The tag needed to come off it is distracting.

12. V December 16, 2010 at 21:05 #

oh that name plate is dreadful. did no one have an editing eye when designing the dress?

13. mol December 16, 2010 at 21:15 #

With the ‘tape’ on the flower stem and the name tag, this becomes quite a conceptual design, which i don’t associate with this brand – but I think Angie looks very chic here and I like it.

14. Lee Ann December 16, 2010 at 21:58 #

As a collector of 18th century botanical prints ,the so called name tag is actually the name and origin of the plant which would have appeared in the original print whether or not it works with the dress is another question.

15. robbie December 16, 2010 at 22:41 #

i LOVED this collection and this was my favourite dress from it she looks amazing in it.

16. Hannah December 17, 2010 at 00:26 #

I like it, and I arolina is attempting to branch out, as did oscar de la renta, but I unfortunately feel neither were that successful, in that they created nice collection, but neithe rlived up to past expectations. Ultimately I like this dress, bu tI want to be wowed, and not pleasantly surprised by a look. I feel like it is almsot inevitable that Carolina coudl have created a nicer collection, which would have been beautiful.

17. mochababe73 December 17, 2010 at 00:30 #

I love the dress. At first, I was like, nah! Looks like two dresses in one. But, it grew on me.

18. Mandy December 17, 2010 at 01:38 #

Are you kidding me FC? The collection is amazing ! I love the infusion of Japanese floral in it and the dress is so sophisticated just like how CH should be =)

• Sue Jin December 17, 2010 at 13:15 #

the collection was inspired by traditional Korean wear. I can’t comment on what kind of flowers they were but just wanted to let you know =)

I didn’t like this dress but it does look better on Angie Harmon. And i don’t like that tag either.

• Mandy December 18, 2010 at 03:05 #

Thanks Sue ! Can’t believe i’m Asian and got confused between Jap and Kor floral xD

19. amber December 17, 2010 at 01:58 #

cant get past the tag either.

20. Sharon December 17, 2010 at 04:41 #

Don’t like her politics, not sure about the flower tag, but I still think she looks stunning in this dress.

21. Saara December 17, 2010 at 07:05 #

I love it! But You guys ruined it for me by mentioning the name tag ;-) and now I can’t look past it :(

22. Camille December 17, 2010 at 07:13 #

I think the dress is lovely, tho I do think the nameplate is poorly placed. I think Angie looks lovely in the dress, she is so tall and beautiful and the dress is perfect for her. However, I was disappointed with her behaviour while announcing the nominees. She kept bringing up her own lack of a nomination for her show, in jest yes, but too many times and I thought it was rude & a little narcissistic to keep drawing the nominations back to herself. This wasn’t about her or her show, but about the talented people who did get nominations. Just thought it was in poor taste, unlike the dress.

23. Ev December 17, 2010 at 07:32 #

It would be a well-worthy BDOTW contender in my eyes, if it weren’t for this ridiculous name tag thing. Btw, I couldn’t find it on Camilla’s dress.

24. Mo December 17, 2010 at 07:59 #

I love the dress. It looks beautifull on her. I cannot see Rene in this dress.

25. Pablo December 17, 2010 at 08:48 #

Talking about bringing a dress to life!
    She looks amazing! Don’t know about her politics (just read something in the comments above) and I think the flower tag is fresh and chic. Plus, it’s the first time in ages I’ve liked a pair of black pumps!
    Please find her a spot as BDOTW contender! :)

26. Nits December 17, 2010 at 09:29 #

The dress is ok but she makes it look good. Angie Harmon is a gorgeous woman, much in the mould of Thandie Newton. Her beauty is timeless!

27. manja December 17, 2010 at 10:28 #

agree with others about tag,it is so distracting,but otherwise it is beautiful dress and she looks lovley in it

28. Marvel December 17, 2010 at 13:45 #

She looks great and I agree that the collection works better off the runway

29. D December 17, 2010 at 13:59 #

LOVE =)

30. Elizabeth December 17, 2010 at 18:57 #

Enough with the comments about politics! This is a fashion site and she looks great in the dress, can’t we leave it at that?!

• Giuseppi Giraffe December 17, 2010 at 22:16 #

I was just thinking the same thing…

i think the dress is better on her than on the runway, but it just doesn’t move me- i think the nameplate is too distracting.

• Mandy December 18, 2010 at 03:05 #