Gwyneth Paltrow In Emilio Pucci – “Country Strong” LA Premiere

Gwyneth Paltrow looked sensational at the “Country Strong” LA Premiere last night.

She glided down the red carpet wearing an Emilio Pucci Spring 2011 white long sleeve dress.

I love the open back and sexy lace details, but I felt a huge sense of de ja vu when I saw this look.

That’s because it reminded me of Kate Hudson’s SAG Awards Emilio Pucci dress.

Kate did work hers with more passion, but that’s because that type of dress is very much her style.

I love that Gwyneth is trying to give us something this sexy.

I also love her super straight locks. This is a great look for her.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Runway To Sidewalk – Kylie Minogue In Dolce & Gabbana

Runway To Sidewalk – Kylie Minogue In Dolce & Gabbana

Leighton Meester In Christian Dior - "Country Strong" LA Premiere

Leighton Meester In Christian Dior – “Country Strong” LA Premiere

30 Responses to Gwyneth Paltrow In Emilio Pucci – “Country Strong” LA Premiere

1. Emma December 15, 2010 at 13:10 #

She looks great! BDOTW contender

Btw, it was a screening not a premiere

2. justme December 15, 2010 at 13:17 #

This look feels very dated to me, like it belongs in the nineties. Maybe Gwyneth shouldn’t have picked the minimalistic white version of the dress.

3. phuong December 15, 2010 at 13:22 #

she is one of my style icons, always looking very chic, sexy and elegant.

4. michelle December 15, 2010 at 13:23 #

she looks great, but I wish it was more fitted around the waist and she wore the runway version.

• Leti December 15, 2010 at 13:33 #

That’s exactly what I was going to say. I think this is also a bit deja vu because we just saw her in a while dress yesterday. We know she can work a white dress, but I’d love for her to give us some color!

• michelle December 15, 2010 at 14:56 #

” but I’d love for her to give us some color”
        * nodding head*

• Ethne Blist December 15, 2010 at 19:13 #

I am bored. I might fall asleep on my keyboard. Gwyneth can shock us with revealing looks- it is clear she is going for a minimalist elegant, timeless look but it actually looks boring and stuck in the past. What could have kept me from blabbing even more would be her hair pulled back with a stunning clip in her hair of say sapphires, a statement sapphire ring…

5. Luis December 15, 2010 at 13:30 #

That dress in white is so Calvin Klein. So for me look like a copy, big no.

6. Yaas December 15, 2010 at 13:32 #

I like the white version on her that somehow is regal and more like a winter queen.

7. Hisadora December 15, 2010 at 13:33 #

wow she looks wonderful! I absolutely LOVE this dress and she sure does it justice. Outstanding!

8. Ayesha December 15, 2010 at 13:56 #

the runway version is phenomenal…i wish i get a chance to see it…i like this one on gwyneth too..but not like the model.

9. Lara December 15, 2010 at 14:17 #

good, but the runway version is a little better

10. Sasha December 15, 2010 at 14:26 #

she looks fantastic in the dress, but her face is not at it’s best.. who did her make-up?

11. From Russia With Love December 15, 2010 at 14:34 #

BDOTW!

12. Hannah December 15, 2010 at 15:08 #

I actually don’t love it, but i do accept she looks nice. It is too loose for me and it doesn’t flatter her body at all, escept the back. I also do not like the makeup.

13. D December 15, 2010 at 15:36 #

14. mol December 15, 2010 at 15:39 #

Had she worn he model’s version, I would have been awed; in this white version, it’s more ice queen than sexy and so I’m not quite as impressed.

15. Marvel December 15, 2010 at 15:43 #

A nice dress but it looks beyond AMAZING from the back.

16. Cherry December 15, 2010 at 16:21 #

I don’t really like it. Too simple.
    Btw : as a frenchie, I can tell you that it spells “déjàvu” :)

17. moja31 December 15, 2010 at 18:24 #

i feel like i’ve seen her in the same dress a dozen times lately, the thigh high slits and other means of almost displaying her butt are frankly growing a bit tired. i preferred the more classy and elegant gwyneth of years passed.

18. karen December 15, 2010 at 21:49 #

It reminds me of Kate Hudson too. Kate already got the wow because she was the first to wear the white Pucci. Both dresses look similiar. Also from the front of Gwyneth’s it does look like Calvin Klein. Other than that I think she looks better than I’ve seen her lately.

19. _danny (aka the modman) December 15, 2010 at 22:36 #

Overall a great look, flattering to her figure.

20. Jones19 December 15, 2010 at 23:10 #

I wish it was more fitted, you can see the laced up part coming around the thigh on the model but you can’t on Gwynnie because the dress is too loose.

21. Sharon December 15, 2010 at 23:12 #

I don’t see either sexy or ice queen. At first glance (before I saw the slit), it reminded me of granny’s winter nightie. I like the runway version much better.

22. mochababe73 December 16, 2010 at 02:15 #

This woman bores me to tears. At first, I thought that it was because it was such a simple white dress. But…I loved Diane Kruger in her white Calvin Klein. She did it better and looked stunning. Gwyneth-not so much.

23. crazyme47 December 16, 2010 at 02:49 #

i would guessing that is a versace dress if there is no information about what’s the label of that dress.
    Because it’s very Versace Fall 2010 like.

24. Idealist December 16, 2010 at 06:55 #

it is a lovely gown, but i prefer the print only bcz thts the essence of pucci. If it wasn’t for the back of the white version which is very much pucci, i wouldn’t hv known the designer. The front gives me a calvin klein vibe.

25. Cheryl Wong December 17, 2010 at 02:32 #

Does anyone know what shoes she was wearing? I saw them on The Daily Mail but I have no idea what brand they were.

26. Rahel December 17, 2010 at 10:04 #

White is a boring color. The runway dress looks better but also because of the thigh slit which Paltrow transformed into a butt slit. Showing your butt isn’t classy. It’s cheap.

27. LATOYA December 28, 2010 at 06:49 #

I gotta have that dress!