Reese Witherspoon In Zac Posen – “How Do You Know” LA Premiere

Reese Witherspoon looked surprisingly sassy and sexy on the red carpet for the LA Premiere for “How Do You Know” last night.

She worked the hell out of this Zac Posen Spring 2011 strapless dress which I had mentally reserved for Megan Fox.

Had you told me beforehand that Reese was going to wear this strapless sheer bustier dress with pink feather detailing, I would’ve been worried that she would suck the life out of it and make it look ordinary.

If anything the dress has given her a new lease of life. Now if we could only get her to do something new with her hair.

YSL Tribtoo patent leather pumps completed her look.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Katie Holmes In Azzaro - 68th Annual Golden Globe Awards Nomination Announcement

Katie Holmes In Azzaro – 68th Annual Golden Globe Awards Nomination Announcement

Sidewalk ‘London’ Style – Kristen Bell

Sidewalk ‘London’ Style – Kristen Bell

32 Responses to Reese Witherspoon In Zac Posen – “How Do You Know” LA Premiere

1. robbie December 14, 2010 at 17:03 #

gorgeous and i wont even complain about the shoes, just glad they arent by the shoe devil/brian atwood.

2. Ethne Blist December 14, 2010 at 17:04 #

Wow. I still wish Megan Fox would wear this dress. I don’t like the black pumps. Even black sandals would work. But it looks good on Reese.

3. Alina December 14, 2010 at 17:24 #

She’s working it , but I don’t like the shoes and the hair – some sexy waves would have worked wonders.

Thanks God that Megan Fox didn’t wear it.

• KateS December 14, 2010 at 22:52 #

I agree about Megan fox – she’d make this beautiful dress look trashy somehow! Rees looks good, but I agree that the finishing touches aren’t quite there re: hair and shoes.

4. lee December 14, 2010 at 17:29 #

agreed. hope fox wears it and we can have a “who wore it best?”

• Fashion Critic December 14, 2010 at 18:37 #

That would be no contest. I still need to see Megan in this dress because she would floor me in it

5. D December 14, 2010 at 17:36 #

wow the runway verson s see thru =D

nice dress boring shoes and hair/makeup, feel like missing something…

6. shap_half December 14, 2010 at 17:45 #

I think she did suck the life out of this dress. It no longer has the alluring sheer skirt that gave it so much excitement.

7. Kelly December 14, 2010 at 17:46 #

Wow, she’s alive again! I *love* the attitude and the dress.

8. Leo December 14, 2010 at 17:47 #

I haven’t been a fan of Zac Posen for a while but after this and the one that Christina Ricci, both sexy and elegant and beautiful, was wearing I think it’s coming back to greatness.

9. Methedrine December 14, 2010 at 17:49 #

Love the dress but I hate the hair and the black pumps. She still looks great though!

10. Sara B. December 14, 2010 at 17:59 #

I fear she’s had work done on her face. She’s suddenly looking much more generic and much less like Reese.

11. asherlev1 December 14, 2010 at 18:08 #

Her body looks slammin’ in that dress,but I have major issues with the hair. Seeing that same blond blow-out over and over again is grating at me. I just can’t get behind anything she wears so long as she keeps that up.

12. Jones19 December 14, 2010 at 18:14 #

Wow she looks so curvy in this dress, love her figure.

13. klara December 14, 2010 at 18:24 #

the dress wowed me on the runway and reese looked beautiful :) ok the hair… but i only look at the dress so i can forgive her ;)

14. Lara December 14, 2010 at 18:26 #

i hated this collection, but it translates so well off the runway. Both Reese and Christina look divine

15. Marvel December 14, 2010 at 18:32 #

The shoes totally bring this look down IMO

16. maria December 14, 2010 at 18:49 #

i feel she has worn the same type of dress now several times on the red carpet. bustier, shoulderfree….in same way she is in a rut, especially re her hair.

• Suz December 14, 2010 at 19:34 #

I like this dress on Reese, but I’ve got to say, you make a good point about the sameness of it.

17. karen December 14, 2010 at 19:00 #

Reese looks great. I must be the only person on earth not too fond of YSL Tribtoo. The Atwoods would probably look better if she’s looking for added height.

18. Hannah December 14, 2010 at 19:54 #

I actually think Reese made the right chocie with the hair, because I think almsot anything else would ahve looked mumsy. I still hope Megan Fox wears it, especialyl as I think that the dark hair would kill it even more.

19. Pablo December 14, 2010 at 20:00 #

I must say, again, that the runway sandals would’ve brought this look to a 10! Reese looks best in ages though! What a great day for Zac Posen! It has to feel good when two stars do justice to your designs!

20. Tahj December 14, 2010 at 23:07 #

I never like her style. It always seems like she’s trying to work it, but it’s never something that really works. Seems so generic on her.

21. Tahj December 14, 2010 at 23:09 #

What’s wrong with her hair? Why is everyone complaining about it? She immediately looked better when she adopted that style a few years ago of long, silky straight hair. And for someone saying she should constantly change it up, well why is it a negative to keep the style that works for you? When you’re a star you want to have a trademark anyway,.

22. Sue Jin December 15, 2010 at 00:44 #

I love how the dress fits her. The shoes ruin the dress.. I can see why the hair is bothering everyone.

23. Alicat December 15, 2010 at 01:27 #

I adore her in this – sexy and cute at the same time. The dress fits her perfectly and really flatters her figure. The shoes are a touch heavy, but she looks far better than the model.

24. moja31 December 15, 2010 at 01:33 #

the dress looks great on her, and aside from the boring heavy pumps and the terrible roots (seriously, who let her out of the house like that) i like this look.

25. Gamine December 15, 2010 at 01:40 #

I think Reese looks great, but prefer the pink detailing of the runway version as it looks more like feathers and less like a “bow” than on Reese’s version.

26. mochababe73 December 15, 2010 at 02:14 #

She looks great, and then you get to the shoes. It’s like “clunk!”.
    I agree with the previous poster about the hair. It looks like it’s lacking a little maintenance.

27. Emi December 15, 2010 at 09:35 #

I love this dress, so much!! I love both the versions. I like her style, she’s classy and very self-confident since she doesn’t need too much to draw attention. I would prefer satin shoes, instead of these. I don’t like shoes with such high platforms.

28. Lalitha December 15, 2010 at 11:39 #

Sexy, I love it.

29. _danny (aka the modman) December 15, 2010 at 22:39 #

Not bugged by the YSLs because this dress looks that good on her.