14.12.10 Premiere

Michelle Williams In Christian Dior – “Blue Valentine” New York Screening

Michelle Williams has attended more “Blue Valentine” screenings than I’ve had hot dinners recently, but it’s yet another opportunity to see her in a pretty dress so I’m not complaining.

For this particular screening New York City last night, Michelle wore Christian Dior white strapless mini dress.

The actress has been wearing a lot of cream, ivory and white looks lately, so I’m glad she opted for purple Charlotte Olympia pumps.

Hopefully next time out we can see her explore other colours, as the winter white look is becoming a bit boring.

Credit: PiccApp/Getty

The EDIT featuring Charlotte Gainsbourg

The EDIT featuring Charlotte Gainsbourg

Christina Ricci In Zac Posen - 2010 New York Stage And Film Winter Gala

Christina Ricci In Zac Posen – 2010 New York Stage And Film Winter Gala

21 Responses to Michelle Williams In Christian Dior – “Blue Valentine” New York Screening

1. Marvel December 14, 2010 at 14:02 #

A cute dress. Thats all

2. hsua December 14, 2010 at 14:28 #

stapless didnt work for Michelle

3. michelle December 14, 2010 at 14:41 #

i strongly suggest she change a hair style. she is not that cute and neat enough with that hair style, which only makes her look older.

4. mm December 14, 2010 at 14:49 #

I like this look

5. maria December 14, 2010 at 15:22 #

i actually like this look. I love the way the styled the hair and the dress with the purple shoes.

6. SarahV December 14, 2010 at 15:54 #

Her face has been looking very strange and frozen in recent pics… I don’t even notice what she’s wearing :S

7. Lily December 14, 2010 at 16:33 #

I love the shoe choice, but the dress looks about a size too small.

8. Victor December 14, 2010 at 16:46 #

She looks awful in my opinion. Like trying hard to be “cute and young” in this mini-dress.
    Love the pumps, though.

• Alina December 14, 2010 at 19:11 #

I agree.
      She should stop wearing this type of dresses. What was nice at first is starting to become BORING !

9. Moxie December 14, 2010 at 16:57 #

The shoes are the only thing I like about this look. Someone younger like Dakota could pull off that dress, but it doesn’t work on Michelle. The hair cut is fine, but that color is too pale for her.

10. Ethne Blist December 14, 2010 at 17:09 #

Oh My God! So cute! I voted her best dressed of the day on instyle.com even though it was tough and I wouldn’t say BDOTW (but in my book), but isn’t she adorable? She met my dreams by wearing colored Charlotte Olympia pumps with a solid colored dress!

11. cindy December 14, 2010 at 17:26 #

I really love her but I don’t like how she styles her hair lately. I’m so eager to see what she will wear to the Golden globes. She blew us away at the oscars a couple years ago and I hope she will again with her best actress nomination!

12. Rach December 14, 2010 at 17:53 #

I’ve been amazed by how cold Michelle’s various red carpet outings for this film (and there have been many!) have left me, despite the obvious charms of most of the outfits. I’ve come to the conclusion it’s the hair.

The colour doesn’t suit her, nor the style, and as many have already said it both ages her and washes her out. I know it was for a role and there isn’t much she can do about it but I can’t wait until it grows out and we get those cute blonde waves back!

13. asherlev1 December 14, 2010 at 18:12 #

She looks adorable. I just watched an interview of hers, and now, knowing a bit about her personality, it’s a lot easier to match the dresses to her. I think this is great.

14. Jones19 December 14, 2010 at 18:18 #

Lovely lovely. The dress makes her look a little boxy though but only a little.

15. karen December 14, 2010 at 19:16 #

Sorry but she made Dior look like Forever 21.

16. Hannah December 14, 2010 at 19:59 #

The sheos are divine, what a georgeous colour! I do love white, but it is still winter, deep and jewel colours just make me happier right now.The hair is really unappealing, esepcailly with those eyebrows.

17. KateS December 15, 2010 at 00:16 #

lipstick? earrings? something? Love the colour of the shoes, but hate closed-toe shoes with short strapless dresses. Not a bad look, but it could have been so much better with more judicious accessorising.

18. mochababe73 December 15, 2010 at 02:31 #

I love the dress, but she has sucked the life out of it. I really like the shoes. It added a little oomph to the white.
    What I don’t like is the dress on her. How old is she because it’s something about her that makes her look older than what she is.

19. Emi December 15, 2010 at 10:01 #

First of all, strapless dresses aren’t a good choice for her because to wear this kind of dress you need two things: beautiful shoulders and long neck. That’s true. Second, the size isn’t right, the color washes her out, also because of her hair color. A touch of color would have been a very good idea, for example lipstick or a jewel. The dress is cute, nothing more, I agree it would perfect for D. Fanning.

20. _danny (aka the modman) December 15, 2010 at 22:36 #