Cher In Julien Macdonald – “Burlesque” London Premiere

Despite the fact that we’ve called for these Julien Macdonald Fall 2010 gowns to be retired from the red carpet do to over exposure, Cher wore a black long sleeve version to the “Burlesque” London Premiere last night.

The diva walked the red carpet most of the time wearing a leather jacket, but for a brief moment removed it to reveal her black, nude, and navy Julien Macdonald gown with lace detailing.

For a 64 year old woman you’ve gotta admire her for still being able to wear this type of look on the red carpet, especially as she swapped her trademark black wigs for a daring flame coloured wig.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

23 Comments
Kristen Bell In Stella McCartney - "Burlesque" London Premiere

Kristen Bell In Stella McCartney – “Burlesque” London Premiere

Michelle Williams In Christian Dior - "Blue Valentine" New York Screening

Michelle Williams In Christian Dior – “Blue Valentine” New York Screening

23 Responses to Cher In Julien Macdonald – “Burlesque” London Premiere

1. klara December 14, 2010 at 13:39 #

i agree with you but the hair colour… me no likey… black or brown would have been better :)

2. robbie December 14, 2010 at 13:44 #

amazing but i wish she had worn the runway version without the sleeves.

3. Lee Ann December 14, 2010 at 13:56 #

Just because she can fit into it does not mean she can wear it. She looks terrible. Her arms look big and her waist looks thick-I actually thought that she had a decent figure but this dress makes me think otherwise.

• Linda December 14, 2010 at 14:08 #

I had the same thought. It makes her look bigger than she is.

• mm December 14, 2010 at 14:50 #

I agree, and i dont like the sash on the front

• Ethne Blist December 14, 2010 at 17:10 #

And the tights. With a lacy dress, tights DO NOT work. Did you hear that also Christina?

4. fashion-mommy December 14, 2010 at 13:58 #

Horrendous…How can Julian MacDonald question Cheryl Cole’s wardrobe when he allows that dress to hit the red carpet? This is Ann Summers Chic,,,nd I know Cher looks good but I wish she’d look to Helen Mirren for a oicture of how to dress age appropriately. Just because you still can doesn’t mean you should!

5. Marvel December 14, 2010 at 14:03 #

The word hideous doesnt even come close

• Alina December 14, 2010 at 19:05 #

I sooo agree.

6. Leti December 14, 2010 at 14:15 #

I won’t even say that this isn’t age appropriate–it’s simply unflattering.

7. Kin December 14, 2010 at 14:28 #

eeeeeekss!

8. D December 14, 2010 at 14:31 #

bizzarr….. as usual for cher…. ;(

but love this runway version

9. Cristina December 14, 2010 at 15:07 #

Oh. Honey. No.

10. Moxie December 14, 2010 at 15:37 #

She could have pulled off the look if she’d displayed her usual edge or attitude, but she comes off looking tired and slouchy.

11. Joy December 14, 2010 at 15:49 #

Nobody wants to criticize Cher, she is untouchable. However, this is a hot mess! This dress is as unflattering as I’ve ever seen and the hair is a horrible brash shade. Cher always is bold and unchartered, this just wasn’t a good outing. I’m confident she will do better next time.

12. Leo December 14, 2010 at 16:08 #

You gotta love Cher for being Cher.

13. Hannah December 14, 2010 at 20:01 #

I am not shocked that she wore this despite over exposure, because frankly, if she had the means to know that I would also hope she would have the means to look in a mirror.

14. Alicat December 15, 2010 at 00:50 #

She’s 64? I thought she was older despite the frozen, clown-like expression. She is too top heavy and thick in the waist for this dress. It accentuates the fact. The red wig looks cheap and nasty. An altogether unfortuate look, and just because she is Cher, it does not let her get away with it.

15. mochababe73 December 15, 2010 at 02:33 #

This is Cher so I don’t know why anyone is surprised by this get-up.

16. karen December 15, 2010 at 05:30 #

Speechless…..and not in a good way.

17. Emi December 15, 2010 at 10:07 #

Speechless, too. I admire Cher, she’s talented, got personality, but she looks awful, here. She could be WDOTY contender, to me, but I’ve always respect her for being so daring, so I wouldn’t put her up for it. She looks bigger than she actually is. We can’t expect her to dress according to her age, as Mirren and Streep, she’s Cher, remember all her Oscar’s outfits?

18. Heike December 16, 2010 at 20:33 #

I really don’t think that Cher can wear this kind of dress anymore. Sure, there was a time when a look like that would’ve made people go “OH MY GOSH! What is CHER wearing?!” and we’d all agree that it was insane and excentric, but at least she never made us go “Oh my gosh, what is Cher WEARING?!” She’s slouching and it makes the the whole thing look even worse. Also, what is wrong with her feet? When I first looked at the picture I thought those were hooves and not shoes. There’s so much wrong in this entire outfit, she ought to sue whoever allowed her to walk the carpet like that.

Sure, Cher will always be Cher and she will always wear something that is attention-grabbing and makes people look twice to make sure they saw right. But there are outfits out there that are just as unique and unconventional and still flatter a woman of her age and her iconic (no discussions on that) status.

19. Paul December 19, 2010 at 07:58 #

CHER has a figure a woman at 64 would give her eye teeth for. It funny putting a side by side picture of CHER next to a 20 year old runway model CHER once looked that good and your right, it maybe time for CHER to dress more age appropriate? She also employs tape to hold back her jawline. This is a traick that Joan Crawford used in order to have a more attractive jawline. Barbra Streisand uses this trick also. Our legends are aging and it sucks because the young up starts are not nearly as interesting.