14.12.10 Premiere

Angelina Jolie In Versace – “The Tourist” Berlin Premiere

True to form Angelina Jolie wore black to “The Tourist” Berlin Premiere tonight.

Whilst I love the idea of her Versace velvet dress having built in gloves – for both style and comfort – I still can’t help wishing for that WOW factor I know is never coming.

For some reason this gothic-vibe she giving us feels really familiar.

Even the voluminous hair has a touch of de ja vu about it (“Mr. And Mrs. Smith” LA Premiere 2005).

I think what I’m trying to say that despite Donatella creating an amazing dress, Angelina doesn’t excite me wearing it.

Had this been worn by Christina Ricci or Megan Fox with red hot lips I think I would be drooling on my keyboard, but I’m not feeling that with Ange.

Credit: Getty

Katie Cassidy In Versace – 2011 Golden Globe Awards Season And Miss Golden Globe Announcement Party

Who Wore Farah Angsana Better? Maria Canals-Barrera or Katherine Heigl

Who Wore Farah Angsana Better? Maria Canals-Barrera or Katherine Heigl

61 Responses to Angelina Jolie In Versace – “The Tourist” Berlin Premiere

1. federica December 14, 2010 at 21:38 #

she looks amazing, by the way.

2. currygirl December 14, 2010 at 21:50 #

Beautiful! But boring.

3. Ethne Blist December 14, 2010 at 21:50 #

Megan Fox would wear this and it would be burning hot. Mrs. Brad Pitt however makes it look cold. She could have added colored pumps!

4. Jess Ness December 14, 2010 at 21:52 #

BOR-RING

5. shap_half December 14, 2010 at 21:57 #

This is a total disappointment. Amazing dress is wasted.

6. dee December 14, 2010 at 22:01 #

She needs a touch of color or touch of bling.

7. Alexandra December 14, 2010 at 22:02 #

i should be disappointed… but it’s Angelina and she still leaves me breathless… stunning.

8. Snarky Sharky December 14, 2010 at 22:02 #

I think, she looks amazing. M. Fox would make this look trashy.

9. Rachel December 14, 2010 at 22:15 #

Deja vu…as always!

10. Elise December 14, 2010 at 22:32 #

I hate everything about this look, I really dislike the gloves and the hair, and it looks like she’s awalys wearing the same shoes.

• Rahel December 17, 2010 at 10:07 #

Without the gloves she wouldn’t have survived the premiere in Germany. It’s extremely cold.

11. mari December 14, 2010 at 22:48 #

hahaha , well, after over 5 years she can repeat a hairstyle!
    Nice dress, if it had been a deep green I would have liked it a lot more!

12. Hisadora December 14, 2010 at 22:48 #

I love it. I think she looks gorgeous and Brad is equally hot :D

13. Tahj December 14, 2010 at 23:05 #

I hate gloves on the red carpet. Why is she posing with Brad PItt everywhere? That was not necessary. See if she really wanted a lower profile, she would promote her films not he relationship and family. If I were at her level of fame, I would never walk the red carpet with Brad Pitt. What’s the point? But she does all the time and they act like they are royalty.

• Fashion Critic December 14, 2010 at 23:32 #

I’m also tired of him always being on the red carpet with her.

It was exciting at first, but he always looks so scuffy nowadays

• dee December 15, 2010 at 00:24 #

I think that is kinda unfair to say. He isn’t always on the red carpet with her. For most of the Salt premieres he was not there. Other stars can have their significant others with them but it’s not okay for these two? I think it’s just because it’s Angelina and Brad.

• mari December 15, 2010 at 01:19 #

he as well is accompanied by her woman to his red carpet in his events, some important, others unimportant. not only she.
      It seems that only when one of them is not working or something like that the other one goes solo to his premieres…
      I do not know where I read it, but I remember that one of them said that the premieres and stuff were a thing of their work that it was better to endure while accompanied.
      They also have not complained because they are followed, they only do not like when the paps disturb the kids when they get too close to them, being who their parents are. I think they are really hoping to be that boring couple with kids and people get accustomed to them and over it after more than 5 years.
      I think they are entitled to go with one another, even when Brad is sporting his beard again, and using those strange pants.

• mari December 15, 2010 at 01:20 #

sorry the upper psot was to Tahj, and it should read “their premmieres”

• Alexandra December 15, 2010 at 02:06 #

maybe they’re tired of the breaking up rumours that appear ewerywhere… at this point when one of them shows up somewhere without the other the prophecy of sudden split of golden couple is everywhere…

• moja31 December 15, 2010 at 18:28 #

my cynical side says it might have something to do with the fact that her movie had a more disappointing opening than predicted this past weekend; i suppose trying to use your relationship to sell what folks weren’t otherwise buying might have been worth a shot. Everyone in hollywood does it at some point.

14. fashion-mommy December 14, 2010 at 23:09 #

I am so glad that Angelina has gone back to black – we have enough frothy girls in pastel colours – I like the glam goth look, and it suits her wicked personality.

• Mandy December 15, 2010 at 01:37 #

I can’t help but agree with you 100% on this.

• klara December 15, 2010 at 10:40 #

me too :)

15. Dorian Gray December 14, 2010 at 23:11 #

I love the fact that she wear dresses than no one will ever wear ’cause they’re custom made. For sure I’d like to her in some other color. Black is boring.

16. Desiree December 15, 2010 at 00:11 #

Recently whenever I see Angelina Jolie I feel a cold breeze as she’s become really boring, senseless, skinny and pale. Her face skin has become saggy like a 50 year old. sorry but she no more rocks.

• D December 15, 2010 at 10:23 #

true =(
      if she gains a few pounds it will make a h of a difference….

17. SB December 15, 2010 at 00:52 #

Boring boring boring. Seen it a million times before. And what’s with Brad – is that a PVC coat he’s wearing? I think both of them look sloppy.

18. Laura December 15, 2010 at 01:04 #

Angie looks great and she doesn’t need red lipstick like Christina or Megan to sex up this loook, in my opinion, which is decent for her age.

19. laura D December 15, 2010 at 01:15 #

This needed some lovely colored jewels and more interesting shoes. A choker of emeralds or a big diamond cuff, and shoes with some lace or feathers…

20. Alicat December 15, 2010 at 01:22 #

I actually like her in this black, velvet dress. It fits beautifully. She does suit a gothic look. Love the gloves. What spoils this is that large accessory on her right in the crumpled pants and oversized leather coat. She needs to lose him on the Red Carpet. Less is more!

21. moja31 December 15, 2010 at 01:27 #

it’s not just that she’s wearing black again, it’s that this particular outfit is like a bad morticia adams costume.

• Kaz December 15, 2010 at 11:01 #

I was completely going to say she looks like Morticia Adams!

Wasn’t Halloween a few weeks ago?!

• Marvel December 15, 2010 at 15:48 #

Thats who I thought she looked like.

I suppose since the film’s supposed to be rubbish this dress fits the bill

22. D December 15, 2010 at 01:30 #

looking good. black is boring. she looks 5 years older her real age

23. mochababe73 December 15, 2010 at 01:54 #

Bling or some kick a$$ shoes were definitely needed. It’s just another plain, black dress that’s been seen 100 times.

24. Linda December 15, 2010 at 02:27 #

She looks better than usual, but this dress loses some of it’s awesomeness on her for sure. I really like the structure of the waist and hip area.

25. Amber December 15, 2010 at 02:29 #

Wow, she looks really old and aged.

26. Ariel December 15, 2010 at 02:52 #

Classy & sexy!

27. Laura December 15, 2010 at 03:21 #

I like you agree something’s missing. A pop of color in the shoe or a non-black dress would’ve helped. But what’s also missing is attitude. Angie has this blah “I’m way too important to care about fashion” attitude and she doesn’t even try to sell this look. Christina or Megan would’ve looked a lot better because they have the attitude to pull it off.

28. Bec December 15, 2010 at 04:02 #

Angelina really needs to mix things up a bit, her make-up, her hair, just do SOMETHING different – everytime I see her on the red carpet I think ‘hasn’t she worn this before?’.

29. karen December 15, 2010 at 05:19 #

Angelina is gorgeous so she doesn’t really need all the razzle and dazzle the other starlets need. I think she looks great. Understated and simple but still looking like the true star that she is. Sorry FC I don’t agree regarding Christina R or Megan Fox who wishes she is another Angelina Jolie.

30. mol December 15, 2010 at 05:21 #

Well, she looks gorgeous, no doubt….but you are so right, Megan Fox would look beyond hot and amazing in this.

31. asherlev1 December 15, 2010 at 05:25 #

I feel you! I’ve often felt that way about her looks. They just don’t ~excite me. Lol, I’m kind of glad you said it, cos I didn’t want to get my head bitten off.

32. Kim December 15, 2010 at 07:06 #

My first reaction was DAYUM! She looks good! But on closer inspection a pop of colour in the lips or even her tried and true green earrings would have punched it up a notch. Adore the neckline and the velvet though.

33. Vidhya December 15, 2010 at 07:09 #

No emeralds to save the day, i guess.. so stunningly boring..

34. Mary December 15, 2010 at 07:27 #

You know what, I think black doesn’t suit her! She is gorgeous but so dull in this.

35. roxana December 15, 2010 at 07:28 #

Perfect!

36. phuong December 15, 2010 at 07:43 #

I don’t think she is the type of person that wants to be recognized as a style icon. she does so many meaningful things these days. she is gorgeous despite of what she wears.

37. Emi December 15, 2010 at 09:18 #

Since she’s been blessed by Mother Nature, she looks stunning as always. I like the dress but I think that a touch of jewelry, besides the little earrings, would have been good for this look. I agree with you, FC, M. Fox would wear this dress so well and I agree with moja, this a kinda Morticia Adams’s dress. I’m tired of seeing her and B. Pitt together on the red carpets, too. I agree, they aren’t a royal couple, plus he’s always dress ridiculously, did he burn the wardrobe he had when he was married with J. Aniston? If they want to protect their private life why they always appear together? Do they need publicity or do they have to show that they love each other?

38. D December 15, 2010 at 10:26 #

i actually dont think this dress would suit fox…….

39. Lee Ann December 15, 2010 at 10:30 #

As beautiful as she is -she is not sexy.

40. Naomi December 15, 2010 at 19:54 #

I have to disagree with everyone here.
    I think this is a really bad look. From the ridiculous, boob crushing velvet dress, to the just-got-out-of-bed hair and poorly chosen dark eye make-up – This is a truly bad look.
    Angelina is a beautiful woman, and this look does her absolutely no justice. She looks quite bad.

41. _danny (aka the modman) December 15, 2010 at 22:37 #

I like the look but this image may not be the best representation of the dress itself.. it doesnt do Angelina or the dress justice, dont you think? With the right pose, I’m sure Angelina can work it.

42. Annel December 16, 2010 at 00:00 #

She’s a vision. Love that the dress is black. It suits her personality well.

43. hally December 16, 2010 at 01:00 #

oh angie………. she can do so much better. (the clothes, not the man)

44. daisy dukes December 16, 2010 at 07:11 #

Red shoes would have made a dell of a hifference. These look like the black version of those hideous cream shoes she wore with the angora dress.

What is going on here is she is going after Tim Burton’s favors – she wants to be a voice in his next Snow White movie. Check her out closely – the eye make-up is a dead ringer for the princess bride. It is the next logical step on the ladder she is climbing after Johnny Depp. This woman is so predictable. Afterall, nothing is so deceptive as candor.

45. daisy dukes December 16, 2010 at 07:12 #

sorry – I meant The Corpse Bride

46. Nits December 16, 2010 at 09:41 #

I don’t know whether its the velvet or the colour or her super-skinny frame, but she looks old. Like Julia Roberts OLD.

47. Leni December 17, 2010 at 05:55 #

Megan Fox would make this dress look trashy for sure. Angie looks amazing!!!

48. Sophia December 18, 2010 at 13:42 #

I think this is her best “The Tourist” promotional tour outfit so far or at least one of them. I LOVE the built in gloves so much, it makes the dress totally interesting.

49. marly December 19, 2010 at 04:19 #

she looks like shes about to throw up in the gothic dress for the berlin premiere…she looks much better in the madrid spain dress…