13.12.10

Selena Gomez In Max Azria Atelier – 2010 Hollywood Style Awards

Selena Gomez is lucky she arrived at the 2010 Hollywood Style Awards and not the 2010 Make-Up Awards, because they would’ve chased her out of the venue.

The young singer/actress fell foul to the visible “white make-up powder” under the eye trend which first showed up on Nicole Kidman’s face.

I’m still shocked that this keeps happening on the red carpet, as it’s such an embarrassing error.

It wasn’t only her make-up I didn’t like, I wasn’t too fond of her Max Azria Atelier dress either as it looked like something Ariel from the ‘Little Mermaid’ would wear.

Credit: PiccApp/Getty

Carey Mulligan In Erdem - 2010 Dubai Film Festival Opening Night Gala

Carey Mulligan In Erdem – 2010 Dubai Film Festival Opening Night Gala

Rachel Bilson In Christian Dior - Spike TV's "2010 Video Game Awards"

Rachel Bilson In Christian Dior – Spike TV’s “2010 Video Game Awards”

22 Responses to Selena Gomez In Max Azria Atelier – 2010 Hollywood Style Awards

1. molly December 13, 2010 at 18:12 #

I love the top half of the dress. Its perfect for an 18 year old. The bottom half is terrible though. It doesnt go with the dress…it looks like she added it before they got a chance to dye the material. Not to mention the makeup…im not even gonna start. You should start a “Worst Dressed of the week” poll FC. This would probably win.

2. Moxie December 13, 2010 at 18:22 #

Her white makeup disaster isn’t as bad as Nicole’s, but it is still pretty embarrassing. I like, but don’t love, the dress.

3. Francesca December 13, 2010 at 18:43 #

Well, it’s not as bad as it was on Nicole, that’s for sure! I kinda like this look as it’s sweet and innocent. But, that’s just me :)

4. Hisadora December 13, 2010 at 18:52 #

I’ve known that this powder is by MAC and it just appears with the camera’s flash. Truly embarrassing.

5. Ethne Blist December 13, 2010 at 19:14 #

Yes! Her makeup is atrocious. Shame on you Selena! But I don’t mind the dress. It does look cheap and very Disney.

6. Jess December 13, 2010 at 19:21 #

I still don’t understand how they can let her go on the redcarpet when they see that there’s something wrong..
    Anyway, I juste noticed that Miss France 2011 wore Zuhair Murad for several photoshoots , have you seen the photos? :)

• justme December 13, 2010 at 19:58 #

They don’t see it in real life. It’s the camera’s flashes that reveal it. She needs to invest in talc free concealer :(

• Deborah December 14, 2010 at 00:18 #

Exactly!!!!! But I DO think this time she wore waaaay too much. Bobbi brown concealer is awful for pictures and great in person. People should think about that. For red carpet u have to choose the right procuts, TALC FREE AND SPF FREE =) u are so right!!!

7. dee December 13, 2010 at 19:22 #

Don’t like the dress and the makeup could be applied better.

8. LL December 13, 2010 at 19:30 #

wow, i’m not even distracted by the makeup because i can’t stop cringing at the dress. i love Max Azria, but OMG, this is so awful. maybe if i think about it as conceptual fashion, i can stop wondering why it doesn’t look like a cohesive, well-planned garment. ugh.

9. Marvel December 13, 2010 at 19:37 #

Reminds me of Katy Perry’s Kauffman look a couple of months ago.

Not a fan of this look. I havent liked a Selena look in a whiel

10. robbie December 13, 2010 at 19:56 #

she looks like she rolled around in a muddy field just before the event.

11. Sonia December 13, 2010 at 20:02 #

I don’t know if its the dress or her posing in the dress but she just looks so uncomfortable in it. I mean, sure, before she used to be so boring and safe on the red carpet but now that she is attempting to take risks, she just looks more uncomfortable every time.

• KateS December 14, 2010 at 00:23 #

I agree, she looks uncomfortable and awkward every time she wears something more ‘edgy’. I’m not a fan of the dress itself, either – lol@mermaid, FC

12. kelly December 13, 2010 at 21:51 #

ugly makeup and ugly dress

13. perfumeorpoison December 13, 2010 at 22:12 #

i kinda like the dress ! :)

14. Ella December 13, 2010 at 23:05 #

Ugh. This is one of the worst looks I have seen on Selena in a long time!!

15. mochababe73 December 13, 2010 at 23:36 #

Since I don’t really know much about make-up, I don’t really see anything wrong with what she has on her face. But, I am a red lipstick-run out the door type of woman. No powders, foundations, eyeshadow….
    I like the dress. The one problem that I see is the ombre chiffon. Had it been solid black, I don’t think that it would look as bad. I think that she looks cute.

16. Deborah December 14, 2010 at 00:17 #

Gosh, let’s start with the makeup. I guess she is accepting advice from her girlfriend Kim K. ” the more concealer and highlighter u use, the more gorgeous u will look, and ur under eye circles will be completely gone” NOT!!! THE THING I HATE THE MOST IS WHEN PEOPLE DO THAT, apply a concealer lighter than ur skintone is just so wrong! SHE LOOKS AWFUL! U can clearly see she is tired. Kim kardashian does that a LOT. THIS should stop. I just hate seeing teenagers that dont even need that much makeup, making these mistakes… its too much. Im not gonna comment about the dress, is awful as well.

17. kelly December 14, 2010 at 06:56 #

i thought this was so bad. i normally don’t really hate anything selena does on the red carpet but this is awful. looks like she’s trying to be super fashion forward and failed.

btw, why no write up on victoria justice’s outfit? i thought she was the best dressed of the evening!

18. karen December 14, 2010 at 19:33 #

The dress is ugly but she’s only 18 and part of disney. I guess that’s normal.

• Linda December 15, 2010 at 02:44 #

haha. This is bad in every way. Little Mermaid indeed!